vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, same issue...but getting error code H307

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I helped my buddy set his daughter up with one of these ipad accounts. They live in an area with super slow internet. She has the sim card in a Mofi 4500. Last night the internet quit working. She also gets the error code when trying to log in.

Is anyone else having an issues with the plan not working? I'm not sure if the sim card is bad or what. I have another person I set up on it and theirs is still working fine.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Unable to login at iPad landing. Gives error H304, tried both lines logins. Anyone else having issue with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've let my service lapse, temporarily, but still able to log into my account.

Trying Visible for a couple of months but will almost certainly resume with ATT on day 58 or 59.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I used the ipad plan last year for one month of traveling with a spoofed ipad imei and the ZTE velocity hotspot without problems, I then let the plan lapse.

Now, I want to sign up again for another month. However, the system says my login credentials are invalid and my user name doesn't exist. Will there be a problem if I create a new username, but use the same spoofed ipad imei and sim card from last year? I don't want to invest $40 only to find out that this doesn't work anymore without an actual ipad.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cg1 View Post
    I used the ipad plan last year for one month of traveling with a spoofed ipad imei and the ZTE velocity hotspot without problems, I then let the plan lapse.

Now, I want to sign up again for another month. However, the system says my login credentials are invalid and my user name doesn't exist. Will there be a problem if I create a new username, but use the same spoofed ipad imei and sim card from last year? I don't want to invest $40 only to find out that this doesn't work anymore without an actual ipad.
    You just need to start over and sign up again. I don't know why there'd be a problem. The price is 5$ more though as it went up. Oh and you'll need a new sim card. You won't be able to use the old one.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    These plans are unique in that after 60 days of inactivity, your credentials are deleted and the SIM card should be reusable. You can even reuse the same credentials you did in the past when you sign up again.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    You just need to start over and sign up again. I don't know why there'd be a problem. The price is 5$ more though as it went up. Oh and you'll need a new sim card. You won't be able to use the old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    These plans are unique in that after 60 days of inactivity, your credentials are deleted and the SIM card should be reusable. You can even reuse the same credentials you did in the past when you sign up again.
    Thanks! Just activated with the same SIM card and ipad imei from last year, using a new account. Just needed to reboot the hotspot once, and I am in business. That was easy.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks! Just activated with the same SIM card and ipad imei from last year, using a new account. Just needed to reboot the hotspot once, and I am in business. That was easy.
    That's weird. I've never seen anyone use an GSM sim card more than once.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    That's weird. I've never seen anyone use an GSM sim card more than once.
    AT&T does some weird stuff with those - the original idea is that you can leave it in an iPad (or other tablet) and then buy passes on-demand and they do some sort of cleanup where an inactive number will eventually be taken back. If you sign up for service again at a later date, you may have a different phone number on that SIM card.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS MAX, AT&T IPAD PRO 12.9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I naver see that happening before normally I need new SIM card

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by starlugo View Post
    I naver see that happening before normally I need new SIM card
    I'll try to dig it up, but there's a few instances where these prepaid, data-only SIMs are treated differently. IIRC, Sprint and T-Mobile will "hold" an idle SIM that previously had a data pass for about a year before deleting the account and rendering it useless. AT&T SIMs can be reused for DataConnect plans (they're like any other, nothing special), but I don't know if a previously-used DataConnect SIM can be reused on a different kind of account.

At least for AT&T, this will add to why these plans sort of just exist without any integration with other AT&T services and most people in the stores are unfamiliar with them. I suspect the cost of operating and supporting them (outside of use in things like hotspots) is relatively low and they're glad to make a few bucks per month of people that may have no other AT&T services.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is someone having issues using the plan in Nighthawk? Just did a factory reset on device and now it won’t work. Already ensured the APN was broadband and other details. Any input? Do you think AT&T is blocking the use of the plan on their hotspot devices since they are in their database unlike Mofi, Pepwave etc?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Is someone having issues using the plan in Nighthawk? Just did a factory reset on device and now it won’t work. Already ensured the APN was broadband and other details. Any input? Do you think AT&T is blocking the use of the plan on their hotspot devices since they are in their database unlike Mofi, Pepwave etc?

I have a friend still using this set up without any issues. Is it working ok for you now?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I have a friend still using this set up without any issues. Is it working ok for you now?
    We (or, more precisely my two kids ) have used 46 GB in 10 days of vacation with no problems with a ZTE velocity hotspot.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29