Thread: SERO- Still Restricted to Upgrading via Sprint?

Feedback Score

SERO- Still Restricted to Upgrading via Sprint?

Is there anyone still riding the Employee Plans (SERO/ERP)? With 2 year contracts gone, does anyone know if those plans are still restricted from upgrading at places like Best Buy, etc.?

Device(s)
    iPhones, Samsung, Motorola.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've had a SERO line for more than 10 years. Not once have I been able to do a "normal" upgrade through a reseller, or even been able to use a Sprint store. 100% of the time I've had to call a toll-free number for employee plans/SERO, and in some cases call back more than once.

All this *before* they started restricting subsidies. Anyway, my wife's iPhone 6 (our Sprint phone) has been eligible for subsidy for a few years now. When the iPhone 8 comes out we'll see if we can get subsidy and 2 year contract pricing. I realize unlikely but I know for sure we'll try.

On that note, I'd be curious if anyone out there with SERO has been able to get 2 year contract pricing. Before the neh sayers jump in, I've been able to do this myself at times when Sprint wasn't officially offering 2 year contract pricing-- and I believe it's somewhat market dependent. i.e. even if the answer today is really no, when they want their new iPhone sales numbers to go up you may see some different options.
    ---
    http://pages.uoregon.edu/dalbrich
    Eugene, OR -- Pacific Northwest

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dalbrich View Post
    I've had a SERO line for more than 10 years. Not once have I been able to do a "normal" upgrade through a reseller, or even been able to use a Sprint store. 100% of the time I've had to call a toll-free number for employee plans/SERO, and in some cases call back more than once.

All this *before* they started restricting subsidies. Anyway, my wife's iPhone 6 (our Sprint phone) has been eligible for subsidy for a few years now. When the iPhone 8 comes out we'll see if we can get subsidy and 2 year contract pricing. I realize unlikely but I know for sure we'll try.

On that note, I'd be curious if anyone out there with SERO has been able to get 2 year contract pricing. Before the neh sayers jump in, I've been able to do this myself at times when Sprint wasn't officially offering 2 year contract pricing-- and I believe it's somewhat market dependent. i.e. even if the answer today is really no, when they want their new iPhone sales numbers to go up you may see some different options.
    I'm aware of only one remaining avenue to obtain a 2-yr. contract. HERE

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is an option at the Apple store to get a 2-yr. contract, but like that blind/low vision offer there is no subsidy. Phones are installment, lease or full price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oZo View Post
    There is an option at the Apple store to get a 2-yr. contract, but like that blind/low vision offer there is no subsidy. Phones are installment, lease or full price.
    If you're referring to the link provided, new lines have subsidy option.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero Premium
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    If you're referring to the link provided, new lines have subsidy option.
    I stand corrected, I hadn't followed it all the way to the ordering part!