Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Name Call Display - Finally?

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Is outbound call name display working yet?
    Not for me. I just tested it. However, I'm on a corp plan so it might never work for me and I'm not the best person to test it. When I was with Rogers on a corp plan, outbound name display never worked so it might be ineligible for corp clients on Telus too.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Name Call Display - Finally?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    He said outbound: Rogers and Fido send out your name when you make a call. You can call Rogers (I assume Fido too but I have never used Fido) to change how your name appears on other people's phones.

If you are talking about your address book then that is inbound/incoming calls.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using HoFo mobile app
    Telus has outbound call display...it's working. I see everyone's name but some people's name show up as "Anonymous" - and I am referring to everyone not in my address book.

I know the difference between inbound and outbound call display.

Name display allows you to see who is calling even if they are not in your address book.

It's working on my Corp plan and all our koodo lines.

I find it annoying to see "Anonymous" because I would rather see the number for clients who are not in my contact list so I know what area I am getting the call from at all times or what the number is if I have been in touch with that person recently.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Telus: $67/20GB Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Telus has outbound call display...it's working. I see everyone's name but some people's name show up as "Anonymous" - and I am referring to everyone not in my address book.

It's working on my Corp plan and all our koodo lines.

So when Telus (and Koodo) subscribers call you, you always see their name (or "Anonymous") when they are not in your address book?

Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    I have Koodo prepaid but don't think this is working yet.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    So when Telus (and Koodo) subscribers call you, you always see their name (or "Anonymous") when they are not in your address book?

Most non-address book calls I see names, some show/many up as anonymous (depending on how many calls I get in a day, sorry when I am busy at work, I don't continuously ask people what network they are with...as none of us have time to discuss that at that.

I think anonymous is random for non-address book calls.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Name Call Display - Finally?

Well I'm a Telus customer and I tested this. Inbound name display works perfectly fine (I see names of everyone calling me who are not stored in my contacts...none were Telus customers yet though). I then called a landline from my Telus phone (corp account) to test outbound name display but only my number shows up on the landline's caller ID (my name does not appear).

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/Various tablets
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 Unpublished SMB plans
    Feedback Score
    Outbound does not send a name currently by my testing.

I have a Telus PRI line I can run in debug mode to see all the details sent from the carrier.
    Tested a few Telus phones on different accounts, none send any name from the network.

I can send any name I want from my VOIP line and it shows up in the Q.931 setup frame "NA Display" message data.

None of the calls from Telus mobile phones included a name, only numbers are sent by the carrier. Any name display is a match from the number to a speed dial entry in the system
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It's about time a service as expensive as a cellphone comes with a feature invented in 90s. Now lets see them leave Koodo and Public Mobile customers out to dry for another 5 years. FYI Android users might need to disable "CallerID By google" to get this to work, which is a name lookup feature instead of a name "reading" feature from call data.

Has anyone testing outgoing name ID? Would be interesting to see what name they are using for that if there's a family plan with multiple users.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Well I'm a Telus customer and I tested this. ... I then called a landline from my Telus phone (corp account) to test outbound name display but only my number shows up on the landline's caller ID (my name does not appear).

Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    Outbound does not send a name currently by my testing.

None of the calls from Telus mobile phones included a name, only numbers are sent by the carrier. Any name display is a match from the number to a speed dial entry in the system

Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post

Has anyone testing outgoing name ID? ...
    @cloneman, see the two posts just before yours.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Works in the USA on Tmobile, ATT just shows numbers still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: Blackberry Bold 2: 9700 Bell Mobility..

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 & iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I got a call the other day that wasn't in my contacts and it came through with the name!! Downside is that it only shows the number and the province when I looked back in my call log on my BlackBerry Priv. So it's only good if I see the call coming in; doesn't help for missed calls.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchy_mitch View Post
    I just started receiving name displays too. I'm on Koodo and it just started working yesterday
    This is gonna be a factor for me, moving to Koodo if Public Mobile doesn't get Name Display.

EDIT: Incoming name display working on public mobile!
    Last edited by cloneman; 08-18-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So... Outgoing Name Display isn't gonna happen?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So... Outgoing Name Display isn't gonna happen?
    I would think they'd have to implement a system in advance that allows people to make sure the name on the account is correct. I don't think it's a major issue, but I personally wouldn't want new data to start being sent from my phone without my consent. People's name could be spelled wrong, or people using a phone that is under their parent's name, etc.

Bellus have been operating under the assumption that their name isn't being transmitted from their cellphone for 20 years, I think at the very least sending a notice would be in order to avoid problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & Pixel 2XL
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    I would think they'd have to implement a system in advance that allows people to make sure the name on the account is correct. I don't think it's a major issue, but I personally wouldn't want new data to start being sent from my phone without my consent. People's name could be spelled wrong, or people using a phone that is under their parent's name, etc.

Bellus have been operating under the assumption that their name isn't being transmitted from their cellphone for 20 years, I think at the very least sending a notice would be in order to avoid problems.
    Unlike Rogers telus doesn't let you change the outbound caller ID name. At least I haven't been able to, which is disappointing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast