Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone connecting to band12 actually get any use from it?

Feedback Score
    I tried a T-Mo SIM in my Phoenix 2 recently to survey the network. I only ever saw it connect to band 12. Speeds were meh - 0 to 5 Mbps, mostly on the slower side. In a couple of spots where I got the 5 Mbps if I moved two blocks away it would drop to Kbps poor. I get nothing at home on the rural fringe of the suburbs.

T-Mo cut a lot of corners deploying their network here. It is junk around here. Sprint is better here.

T-Mo is building and improving. I expect they may have a credible nationwide network in a few years.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well from my perspective this past weekend in Seattle and even here in south Florida on b12 the phone is useless no Facebook messages or calls go thru

Device(s)
    LG G8 Thinq
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Band 12 works pretty well here in Kansas and I have used it a fair amount in Missouri.

Feedback Score
    If not for Band 12, i'd not use T-Mobile in the US. Using "LTE Discovery", I've hardly ever seen evidence of TMO towers other than Band 12.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't have band 12 phone yet but probably should soon. Ive had band 4 everywhere I've gone and that works well

One thing I've noticed is my data doesn't go up very fast with similar typical use.

Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nokia 6610, Touch Pro II, Lumia 640, LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (Since Omnipoint!)
    Feedback Score
    In NYC B12 is used to fill in where needed such as the cores of buildings, elevators etc. You see your device jump onto it in those places and off again pretty much immediately there is an alternative signal. But this does mean I can walk and talk or stream audio all the way from my desk, down the elevator and into the subway without any breaks.

Upstate near Syracruse it replaced a large 2G/EDGE area and although I didn't speed test it, it was faster than the broadband in my friends' house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2