Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone connecting to band12 actually get any use from it?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does anyone connecting to band12 actually get any use from it?

I was just in Seattle for the past few days and in a number of places I would connect to band12. Great one would think, one or two bars - nothing actually seemed to work calls, internet etc. At the airport earlier today, same thing. I've had the same experience back home in Florida during the few time the phone connects to band12. I 'm using an iPhone 6s..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ewalker3 View Post
    I was just in Seattle for the past few days and in a number of places I would connect to band12. Great one would think, one or two bars - nothing actually seemed to work calls, internet etc. At the airport earlier today, same thing. I've had the same experience back home in Florida during the few time the phone connects to band12. I 'm using an iPhone 6s..
    It's probably just congested. B12 works just like any other band. Just slower because it's 5x5 instead of 20x20 B4.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well it was useless in these towns near Mt. Rainer (I doubt there were that may people near by to congest it) and in and around seattle. The only place I've really seen it work property is in Burbank CA in spots where they had little to no coverage and i had to use WIFI and also near the Bozeman airport where i had native service for about 5 injures .

Feedback Score
    At my house band 12 is so congested that it is useless just like you experienced. I was at my sisters house this past weekend and had 3 bars of band 12 and one bar of band 4. It kept switching back and forth. Speeds and service were pretty good due to the fact that I had Carrier Aggregation with band 12 and band 4. Wish I had that at home.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You would think in Seattle the speeds would be great since it's T-Mobile 's hometown

Feedback Score
    Band 12 has been great for me. Yes, it's not as fast as Band 4 but works just fine for video streaming etc and the coverage has gotten so much better. With Band 4, I used to get 1-2 bars at my house and needed a signal booster for inside. Now, I get 4-5 bars with Band 12 (and Band 4, I suppose) and the speeds are usually in the 20-30 down range.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    B12 is what makes T-Mobile usable for me. I get it in spots HSPA is useless and B4 is nonexistant. The speeds are usually slow (under 5Mbps, rarely more) but I can stream video fine. I've never had a dropped call or issues with call quality while on B12, and we only have one B12 tower for a town of 60k. They had to split a sector. Has excellent range. Ericsson Air panels
    Carriers I've used: Sprint, T-Mobile, Cricket, AT&T, Verizon, Page Plus, Virgin Mobile, Movistar, AT&T Mexico, Telcel, Straight Talk, RingPlus.
    Phones I've used: iPhone 6S, iPhone 5c, HTC One M9, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G2, BlackBerry Storm, Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I like band 12 for the added capacity, it's almost always aggregated for me so instead of 5MHz of band 2 only I get it doubled thanks to band 12.

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    In my basement my phone goes to band 12. I get about 8mb/s down, and 2mb/s up.

Sent from my LG-V521 using HoFo mobile app
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes. Band 12 is great. I think people get caught up needing to run speed tests every hour. Sometimes it comes down to ping and congestion. If you can make calls and stream music and post to Facebook or instagram then isn't it great to just get coverage????

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    B12 on its own worthless for me so I don't even bother with it. Slow, so slow I can't even download the mobile version of Howardforums. I just use non B12 devices since all I really care for is channel size. True, I won't get coverage and my device will spend time looking for signal once I'm outside without the B12 support, but my AT&T lines will have a better chance of taking care of that problem for me.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ewalker3 View Post
    Well it was useless in these towns near Mt. Rainer (I doubt there were that may people near by to congest it) and in and around seattle. The only place I've really seen it work property is in Burbank CA in spots where they had little to no coverage and i had to use WIFI and also near the Bozeman airport where i had native service for about 5 injures .
    Band 12 where I live gets 1 megabit down if that even with carrier aggregation with band 4 it's still pretty slow.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    I would say that 99% of users never know what band they are on. All they know is whether they have or do not have a connection.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    I would say that 99% of users never know what band they are on. All they know is whether they have or do not have a connection.
    Hmm measuring a connection is fun

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethaler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Hmm measuring a connection is fun

You mean your average grandparent or teen daughter don't care about LTE bands, signal strength, carrier aggregation, 256QAM, etc? I don't believe it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast