Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 369

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

  1. #166
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Aren't robellus the same across the board in terms of towers/reception?

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    172
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Aren't robellus more or less the same across the board in terms of towers/reception?
    Definitely not.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Definitely not.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I'm with koodo (telus) and my grandpa's with rogers, I take both our phones (iphone 7 plus) out to different parts of the province to see the difference in reception, speed, and call quality, and it's more or less the same..in fact I sometimes get small call problems with telus (like there would occasionally be lag/inaudible sound) but that's rare enough to be rendered negligible.. so point being is that your critique of robellus will be based on your personal experience which can be determined by a variety of other factors irrelevant to the service.

    From my understanding derived from the aforementioned experiment and conversations with numerous robellus employees, I'm convinced it's the same. No network is perfect and there will be times of inadequacy simply due to external factors.. it just depends on which of the big three you experienced the inadequacy so you can dub it inferior to competitors.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    172
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    I'm with koodo (telus) and my grandpa's with rogers, I take both our phones (iphone 7 plus) out to different parts of the province to see the difference in reception, speed, and call quality, and it's more or less the same..in fact I sometimes get small call problems with telus (like there would occasionally be lag/inaudible sound) but that's rare enough to be rendered negligible.. so point being is that your critique of robellus will be based on your personal experience which can be determined by a variety of other factors irrelevant to the service.

    From my understanding derived from the aforementioned experiment and conversations with numerous robellus employees, I'm convinced it's the same.
    Well, went on a road trip from Toronto to Quebec with friends during labor day weekend . I have Telus, wife has Koodo, one friend with Bell, two with Rogers, and another with Fido. We all have newer model phones.. S8's and iphone 7. We are in the open road and signal strength and data speeds are far more superior with Bell and Telus/Koodo overall. Rogers and Fido sometimes drops to 1 bar. So yeah, it's personal experience based on actual facts.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Well, went on a road trip from Toronto to Quebec with friends during labor day weekend . I have Telus, wife has Koodo, one friend with Bell, two with Rogers, and another with Fido. We all have newer model phones.. S8's and iphone 7. We are in the open road and signal strength and data speeds are far more superior with Bell and Telus/Koodo overall. Rogers and Fido sometimes drops to 1 bar. So yeah, it's personal experience based on actual facts.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I'm not disputing that, it probably happened. All I'm saying is I had the opposite experience on my end, its usually the same reception between rogers and telus almost always for us, and we drive quite often. Every network will have inadequacies at different times and it all depends on which service you experienced it, which of course will vary because of external factors.
    Last edited by johnwood2171; 10-20-2017 at 10:33 AM.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    172
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Lol I'm not disputing that, it probably happened. All I'm saying is I had the opposite experience on my end, its usually the same reception between rogers and telus almost ALWAYS for us, and we drive a LOT. Every network (in this case it's the same) will have inadequacies at different times and it all depends on which service you experienced it, which of course will vary because of external factors.
    Lol no problem. Been with Rogers for about 7 months this year and the service just suck in North York area. I have 5 co workers who are having the same issue. Problem is they can't ditch Rogers since they paid some guy at kijiji to get their plans.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    59
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    Lol no problem. Been with Rogers for about 7 months this year and the service just suck in North York area. I have 5 co workers who are having the same issue. Problem is they can't ditch Rogers since they paid some guy at kijiji to get their plans.

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    oh damn...ok if its that many people I gotta step back from my thesis of robellus being the same, because the majority of bad experience is towards rogers lol.

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    172
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    oh damn...ok if its that many people I gotta step back from my thesis of robellus being the same, because the majority of bad experience is towards rogers lol.
    In my opinion Rogers went downhill soon after Ted Rogers passed away. My niece even told me that her freedom mobile signal is better than her mom's rogers in Orleans (Ottawa)

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrinch View Post
    In my opinion Rogers went downhill soon after Ted Rogers passed away. My niece even told me that her freedom mobile signal is better than her mom's rogers in Orleans (Ottawa)

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    I’m with dbrinch - I have switched between Telus, Koodo, and Bell over the past few years and I switched to the Rogers unlimited plan in May this year. It may be different for your area, but the Rogers network quality is definitely inferior. Even in Edmonton, my phone drops to 3G a few times a day. That never happened with Belus. Even at the airport, my iPhone drops to 3G.

    For me it is a trade off. The unlimited plan is great and the network is “acceptable”. If this type of plan was available on Belus I would switch immediately though.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    131
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    I work in a building in downtown Vancouver. I'm with Fido and get better signal indoor than Telus. Telus has to be near a widndow for LTE. Also Rogers/Fido are the only ones who work at underground sky train stations since they have a deal with translink.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    217
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have both Rogers and Telus (and Bell) and my summary of the networks is that Bellus is faster (almost always) and has a better native network. In rural areas you're passing through EXT will have you covered (domestic roaming on Bellus is crucial for Rogers to be a viable option IMO). There are also some spots where Rogers native coverage is better than Bellus (a few off the top in ON include Puslinch, north Stouffville, Frontenac Prov Park, Trans Canada between Wawa and Marathon, apparently parts of the sky train in Vancouver) it all depends on where you live/frequent. Indoor coverage is another story and is kind of luck of the draw as to whichever company has a closer site.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,102
    Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can find anecdotal evidence that either Rogers or Bellus is better, or even that they're the same overall. However, Bellus has more sites in total, and in most (all?) provinces claims to cover more square kilometres, so unless their sites are optimized really poorly (and in my experience that's not the case), objectively Bellus is probably better. And with two big companies building out the network for Bellus vs. just one with Rogers, that intuitively makes sense. I have SIMs on both networks and am satisfied with each, but the facts are the facts.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    Were you guys able to use up as much data you wanted after the plan was changed or waited until the next cycle to reset? Just curious. Also, how much is your monthly fee(s) after taxes?

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    172
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by limosanostra4 View Post
    Were you guys able to use up as much data you wanted after the plan was changed or waited until the next cycle to reset? Just curious. Also, how much is your monthly fee(s) after taxes?
    Scotiabank plan is unlimited. Magna has a limit of 6gb

    Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    Feedback Score
    0
    According to the plan details, this comes with enhanced voicemail. Has anyone able to use this function or is it just come up as a regular dial vm - enter password?

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharing Rogers Unlimited Data
    By mrhindustan in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 03:37 AM
  2. Rogers unlimited data plans NEVER happening
    By stogats in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM
  3. Rogers unlimited data promotion
    By risenshine85 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 11:19 PM
  4. Rogers Unlimited Data?
    By longd in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 09:13 PM

Bookmarks