Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: Rogers Unlimited Data

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thurr View Post
    Woow. I have the same with my US Fi Flexibleplan. Normally it should throttle after 15 GB but luckyly they don't care about that. I am using it since 3 Years in Germany without any problems. I come to 50-60 GB per month.

You would save a lot of money with a fi simcard.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...nkw=Google+fi+

https://canadiankilometers.boardinga...canada-review/

If I would be a canadian person I also would have google fi.
    Stop bumping old threads. Google Fi doesn't work in Canada. Your posts are useless and misleading.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

Feedback Score
    Do you guys know for the scotiabank unlimited data plan by rogers, you know how it says "lte-ready flex na sp internet" as the add-on that enables unlimited data in North America, I was wondering when 5G technology rols out, would the plan support 5G if you have a 5G phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwood2171 View Post
    Do you guys know for the scotiabank unlimited data plan by rogers, you know how it says "lte-ready flex na sp internet" as the add-on that enables unlimited data in North America, I was wondering when 5G technology rols out, would the plan support 5G if you have a 5G phone?
    I don't think Canada is going to go down the mobile speed tier route... Unless it's straight to dialup I remember the old unlimited iphone plans, they have access to LTE too if I recall correctly.

There's no real reason not to allow phones onto 5G, it's more spectrally efficient than 4G LTE which is more spectrally efficient than 3G HSPA / DC-HSPA / UMTS etc...

Rogers is a bit of a strange one when it comes to this kind of stuff though. Their budget brand Chatr would only allow phones on the GSM / HSPA network since incarnation up until only a few months ago. I consider it poor network management policy, I have a million devices I'm just going to try and put them on onto the network in the most efficient way, especially when phones are 'camping'. Why have a whole bunch of phones camp on a less efficient technology on bands that's I could allocate for LTE...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looking to buy truly unlimited data. Anyone willing to help or hook me up? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Looking to buy truly unlimited data. Anyone willing to help or hook me up? Thanks

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    I don't think Canada is going to go down the mobile speed tier route... Unless it's straight to dialup ...

There's no real reason not to allow phones onto 5G, it's more spectrally efficient than 4G LTE which is more spectrally efficient than 3G HSPA / DC-HSPA / UMTS etc...
    Of course there is a real reason not to allow 5G: greed!! We're talking about a Canadian cellular company, after all.

Rogers says you must be on one of the new Infinite plans to get 5G service:

As a Rogers customer, what will I need to access 5G?

• A 5G device.

• A Rogers InfiniteTM plan.

• You’ll also need to be in an area with 5G coverage. See our current 5G coverage map
    Source, directly from the horse's mouth: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/5G

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Thanks, aware of those plans. Looking for unthrottled unlimited data plan, maybe a grandfathered plan or any other corporate account that could be transferred.

Device(s)
    Unlocked BlackBerry Passport | Unlocked OnePlus One | Unlocked BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers | T-Mobile Prepaid | TruPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pfwarrior View Post
    Thanks, aware of those plans. Looking for unthrottled unlimited data plan, maybe a grandfathered plan or any other corporate account that could be transferred.

Not sure what you mean by unthrottled but if you don't mind unlimited at 3.5G speeds (or what some people call 4G non LTE speeds), you might be able to find someone on the old Fido unlimited data plan who no longer needs it.

I have it as my main/only ISP at home and working remotely from home for ~6 weeks being confided to home during this time for the most part with little else to do beyond watching Netflix, CraveTV, etc., when not working I've used the most data I've ever used in a billing cycle and this includes the time when I had unlimited cable or unlimited DSL internet without being throttled to anything below 3.5G speeds (except for the usual slowness that occurs sometimes in the day)
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Gigabit LTE Mobile Router MR1100

My Tech Blog

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    Not sure what you mean by unthrottled but if you don't mind unlimited at 3.5G speeds (or what some people call 4G non LTE speeds), you might be able to find someone on the old Fido unlimited data plan who no longer needs it.

I have it as my main/only ISP at home and working remotely from home for ~6 weeks being confided to home during this time for the most part with little else to do beyond watching Netflix, CraveTV, etc., when not working I've used the most data I've ever used in a billing cycle and this includes the time when I had unlimited cable or unlimited DSL internet without being throttled to anything below 3.5G speeds (except for the usual slowness that occurs sometimes in the day)
    Please keep me posted if you come across one. I’m very much interested in one.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25