Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will AT&T Locked iPhone work on H20?

Feedback Score

Will AT&T Locked iPhone work on H20?

Senior citizen HELP Please.. Will AT&T Locked iPhone work on H20 or must it be UNLOCKED? iPhone se or iPhone 6 etc. on prepay plan?

Thanks in advance?
    Last edited by 1stlink; 04-22-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

Will AT&T Locked iPhone work on H20?

Yes it will work fine on any Att mvno: h2O, cricket, air voice, easyGo, red pocket etc

Feedback Score
    Thanks blacksurfer, you have confirmed my suspicions.. Much appreciated.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Blacksurfer can elaborate more on this (since I don't have personal experience with iPhones). Any AT&T locked phone will work with AT&T MVNOs, but not all iPhone functions will be fully supported with some MVNOs (regardless of whether the iPhone is SIM unlocked). For instance, I don't think MMS works with iPhones on H2O.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoose View Post
    Blacksurfer can elaborate more on this (since I don't have personal experience with iPhones). Any AT&T locked phone will work with AT&T MVNOs, but not all iPhone functions will be fully supported with some MVNOs (regardless of whether the iPhone is SIM unlocked). For instance, I don't think MMS works with iPhones on H2O.

Thanks mmoose, I had read that about MMS on iPhone too. More good info. I'm also looking into Airvoice PAYG plan, very similar to H20.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Are you referring to iPhones from AT&T only (even if it's AT&T unlocked) or all iPhones?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune_VII View Post
    Are you referring to iPhones from AT&T only (even if it's AT&T unlocked) or all iPhones?
    I'm referring to all iPhones. Full iPhone functionality is only supported on certain carriers (e.g., all the major postpaid carriers, plus some MVNOs). For example, MMS won't work with H2O (an ATT MVNO), but will work with Consumer Cellular (another ATT MVNO).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stlink View Post
    Thanks mmoose, I had read that about MMS on iPhone too. More good info. I'm also looking into Airvoice PAYG plan, very similar to H20.
    MMS will not work with Airvoice as well.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm referring to all iPhones. Full iPhone functionality is only supported on certain carriers (e.g., all the major postpaid carriers, plus some MVNOs). For example, MMS won't work with H2O (an ATT MVNO), but will work with Consumer Cellular (another ATT MVNO).

What about other phones such as the Galaxy for example, does MMS work on it if you have H2O?

Feedback Score
    What about other phones such as the Galaxy for example, does MMS work on it if you have H2O?
    Yes, H2O MMS worked great with the correct APN on all Android phones I've tried (Samsung, LG, Pantech, BLU, Huawei, other Chinese phones...).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    What I am referring to pertains to specifically iPhones. I have used Android and Windows phones on H2O with no issues.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmobile View Post
    Yes, H2O MMS worked great with the correct APN on all Android phones I've tried (Samsung, LG, Pantech, BLU, Huawei, other Chinese phones...).
    Thanks for clearing that up. Android is indeed more flexible.

I may as well just move to Android in the future to avoid headaches.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for clearing that up. Android is indeed more flexible.

I may as well just move to Android in the future to avoid headaches.
    The only feature that doesn't work on iPhones with H2O is MMS. It use to work when we were able to jailbreak. But there's work around: use google Hangouts to send MMS. Also iMessage will work for mms to other iPhones. Also most people are on Whatsapp or Facebook messenger to send pics. If the value of the H2O plan is there get it. As for Android phones I would get an iPhone for a senior first.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    The only feature that doesn't work on iPhones with H2O is MMS. It use to work when we were able to jailbreak. But there's work around: use google Hangouts to send MMS. Also iMessage will work for mms to other iPhones. Also most people are on Whatsapp or Facebook messenger to send pics. If the value of the H2O plan is there get it. As for Android phones I would get an iPhone for a senior first.
    Do you think they will be able to make it work in the future? Has it always been like this (the MMS issues) with iPhones and H2O? Since when?

What do you mean get an iPhone for a senior first?

Feedback Score
    My iphone is jailbroken and have tetherme installed. Should the APN be changed to get MMS? If so what are the correct APN settings to get MMS to work?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast