Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: My TMO Breakup Story

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    A prediction can't be a lie... It's a prediction. What would they be taken to court over? It's not the end of the year.

    They did meet their EOY 2016 coverage goal.
    Well, there maps did but not sure that counts. In my area, went from fair to good coverage. Still unusable for making calls but I take solace in the fact that according to their coverage map, it is good unusable versus fair unusable.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,632
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Last time I heard, False Advertising, and Deceptive Advertising both are illegal. Their EOY 2016 map is a complete farce. I laugh whenever I see it. It's one thing to exaggerate, but their 2016 map just cracks me up. Not sure why you defend them so much. Nearly all complaints about TMO are related to their network quality (or lack thereof), with billing being a close second. Why would you not want to hold them accountable for delivering coverage where they promise it? I get it, the barking snake oil salesman is entertaining, but I'm not paying TMO to put on a show for me. LOL.
    It's not advertising when it's a forward-looking projection. They aren't saying "this is our coverage now", they're saying "this is where we plan to have coverage by the end of the year". Nothing you just said applies to their end of 2017 map. It's a prediction. Predictions aren't illegal.

    I don't defend them "so much". If you've been on this site for years, like I have, you'd see that I praise and criticize all carriers for a variety of reasons. We switched from Verizon and our bill is now less than half of what we were paying Verizon, and coverage is great in my area and most areas I travel to.

    You can't criticize me when you know nothing about me and you've only been on this site for less than a month.

    If you feel T-Mobile is breaking the law, you're free to take them to court over it. Complaining here isn't going to do anything.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dnywlsh View Post
    It's not advertising when it's a forward-looking projection. They aren't saying "this is our coverage now", they're saying "this is where we plan to have coverage by the end of the year". Nothing you just said applies to their end of 2017 map. It's a prediction. Predictions aren't illegal.

    I don't defend them "so much". If you've been on this site for years, like I have, you'd see that I praise and criticize all carriers for a variety of reasons. We switched from Verizon and our bill is now less than half of what we were paying Verizon, and coverage is great in my area and most areas I travel to.

    You can't criticize me when you know nothing about me and you've only been on this site for less than a month.

    If you feel T-Mobile is breaking the law, you're free to take them to court over it. Complaining here isn't going to do anything.
    Current Coverage Map is basically them saying "this is where our phones work" ... so I'd say that's deceptive to say the least. And FYI, you can't sue wireless carriers, they all are protected by binding arbitration clauses. Basically their own hired bureaucracies used to make issues disappear. I don't care to take them to court, public perception is already crucifying TMO. When 9 customers leave for every 10 customers that sign up, it's not a sustainable path to long term success. Credit card companies can get away with high churn because when they come out with a new product (aka a new picture on the front of the card) people come back. Sadly, people form opinions of cellular carriers and share their experiences with their friends\family\colleagues. If a friend were to ask if I thought they should give TMO a chance, my reply would be "No Way!" ... because I had them for years and know how awful it still is in most of their biggest markets.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Well, there maps did but not sure that counts. In my area, went from fair to good coverage. Still unusable for making calls but I take solace in the fact that according to their coverage map, it is good unusable versus fair unusable.
    HAHA. I love that. "Garbage" vs "Less stinky Garbage" coverage. Next thing you know they'll move up to being "Paper\recyclable waste only"

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Last time I heard, False Advertising, and Deceptive Advertising both are illegal. Their EOY 2016 map is a complete farce.
    The last I heard, no governmental agency has made any allegation against T-Mobile regarding their coverage maps or their advertising. So it would appear that their advertising complies with all governmental rules.

    I live in San Francisco, and travel all over the country. Anytime I see GPRS\EDGE\NO SERVICE\NO BARS or have five bars and no actual data\voice connectivity,
    I travel the country half the month, and am all over the world, and when I have to joke with friends that my calls drop and my data sucks because I'm in Chicago and no Cambodia, there's a little sad truth to the joke.
    So you have the resources to travel "all over the world" but in 10 years you didn't have the resources to acquire service with a carrier that provided satisfactory coverage? Instead of repeatedly joking with friends, it would've been easy enough to switch your service. That doesn't make any sense that you did not.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,309
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Bella94128's Join Date on Howard's Forum was 04-15-2017. Yet, today he is on AT&T board defending AT&T signal quality from people that claim " ATT service so poor in Los Angeles!".

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...D-%F0%9F%98%AD

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    The last I heard, no governmental agency has made any allegation against T-Mobile regarding their coverage maps or their advertising. So it would appear that their advertising complies with all governmental rules.




    So you have the resources to travel "all over the world" but in 10 years you didn't have the resources to acquire service with a carrier that provided satisfactory coverage? Instead of repeatedly joking with friends, it would've been easy enough to switch your service. That doesn't make any sense that you did not.
    I guess the guy who said BP wasn't doing anything wrong in January of 2010 because no governmental agency had made any allegation against BP for their safety practices was in the same fan group as you. LOL

    FYI my AT&T plan has 9 users, and my TMO plan has 3. I was a user in both groups. TMO was a secondary phone. But thanks for the concern.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Bella94128's Join Date on Howard's Forum was 04-15-2017. Yet, today he is on AT&T board defending AT&T signal quality from people that claim " ATT service so poor in Los Angeles!".

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...D-%F0%9F%98%AD
    Relevance? So since I've been a "long time listener, first time caller," I'm less credible than someone with 1000000 posts spewing mindless nonsense? Right. Look at any research that's been done on ATT in LA, and you'll find that any claims of widespread poor service is utter garbage. Every carrier has their good and bad spots, but to suggest that ATT is poor in LA is funny. What next, Verizon service is awful in Chicago? LOL.

    Oh that's right, it's okay for someone else to have an opinion on a carrier or coverage, but not me. Now I get it. Lots of hiding behind monitors going on in here. Guess I shoulda stayed a listener not a caller.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    I guess the guy who said BP wasn't doing anything wrong in January of 2010 because no governmental agency had made any allegation against BP for their safety practices was in the same fan group as you.
    If you want to be a big time whistleblower, here's a link to file a complaint with the FCC:

    https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

    Maybe they'll even make a movie about the "wrongdoing" you've uncovered?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,309
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    I guess the guy who said BP wasn't doing anything wrong in January of 2010 because no governmental agency had made any allegation against BP for their safety practices was in the same fan group as you. LOL

    FYI my AT&T plan has 9 users, and my TMO plan has 3. I was a user in both groups. TMO was a secondary phone. But thanks for the concern.
    So you said use to work for T-Mobile for two years and now it appears you have an ax to grind as you go after people here trying to help you. I hate AT&T to the bone for their pathetic network quality. AT&T is over rated, over priced network and has a low class customer service thieves at AT&T. If T-Mobile didn't work well for you then you did the right thing to fire them Like I did to AT&T for their worthless network. However I never trust anyone's words that joins a board a few days ago with a ax to grind. Just like you didn't trust the guy on the AT&T board that complained about AT&T poor service in LA.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So you said use to work for T-Mobile for two years and now it appears you have an ax to grind as you go after people here trying to help you. I hate AT&T to the bone for their pathetic network quality. AT&T is over rated, over priced network and has a low class customer service thieves at AT&T. If T-Mobile didn't work well for you then you did the right thing to fire them Like I did to AT&T for their worthless network. However I never trust anyone's words that joins a board a few days ago with a ax to grind. Just like you didn't trust the guy on the AT&T board that complained about AT&T poor service in LA.
    No ax to grind. I actually love TMO and everything they stand for as a company. Their customer service is great, their simplistic approach to offering a plan that is straight forward is great. Their international roaming is great. Their marketing machine is a monster... My only gripe is the pathetic network. It's so far behind. I HOPE it'll catch up because that would solve the one thing that ATT and VZ have that they don't. TMO has transformed the industry in America, and if they do aggressively improve the network to where they are a real player against VZ and ATT, that would make things entirely different. ATT and VZ don't have to be as aggressive with pricing, features, roaming, etc as TMO because they know that while TMO presents competition, it's a very slim subset of Americans geographically who take them seriously and can use them long-term without dissatisfaction. However, the only area TMO lacks is coverage\network performance. If they do fix that, we got a whole new cellular war that'll break out in this country and will benefit all.

    So you don't trust someone's words who just joined a board a few days ago? That's so illogical. If someone is willing to take the time to sign up and go through the process of giving candid feedback, logic would say that if anything that effort should hold more weight... but whatever, I'm done trying to explain myself. Thought I'd throw some feedback on the board. Thought it was an open space where opinions were welcomed, but it seems more like a place where people just troll and use completely nonsense excuses to discredit others. Funny how forums work... people love to say things behind the protection of their computer screens that they'd never say in real life. Everyone is a Subject Matter Expert in everything these days apparently. LOL, good luck to ya.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    No ax to grind. I actually love TMO and everything they stand for as a company. Their customer service is great, their simplistic approach to offering a plan that is straight forward is great. Their international roaming is great. Their marketing machine is a monster... My only gripe is the pathetic network. It's so far behind. I HOPE it'll catch up because that would solve the one thing that ATT and VZ have that they don't. TMO has transformed the industry in America, and if they do aggressively improve the network to where they are a real player against VZ and ATT, that would make things entirely different. ATT and VZ don't have to be as aggressive with pricing, features, roaming, etc as TMO because they know that while TMO presents competition, it's a very slim subset of Americans geographically who take them seriously and can use them long-term without dissatisfaction. However, the only area TMO lacks is coverage\network performance. If they do fix that, we got a whole new cellular war that'll break out in this country and will benefit all.

    So you don't trust someone's words who just joined a board a few days ago? That's so illogical. If someone is willing to take the time to sign up and go through the process of giving candid feedback, logic would say that if anything that effort should hold more weight... but whatever, I'm done trying to explain myself. Thought I'd throw some feedback on the board. Thought it was an open space where opinions were welcomed, but it seems more like a place where people just troll and use completely nonsense excuses to discredit others. Funny how forums work... people love to say things behind the protection of their computer screens that they'd never say in real life. Everyone is a Subject Matter Expert in everything these days apparently. LOL, good luck to ya.
    Isn't it a little creepy he went back and stalked all your previous posts......meet the resident TMobile fanboy.....he must think John legere himself is gonna give him a big wet kiss on the lips for defending tmobiles honor online or something, who knows. Your opinion bothered him so much.....he studied everything you ever said here to try to find flaws in your logic and discredit you lol weird people online I swear, I guess you should be honored though, you clearly bothered him and he was deeply disturbed by your opinion.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    69
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    Isn't it a little creepy he went back and stalked all your previous posts......meet the resident TMobile fanboy.....he must think John legere himself is gonna give him a big wet kiss on the lips for defending tmobiles honor online or something, who knows. Your opinion bothered him so much.....he studied everything you ever said here to try to find flaws in your logic and discredit you lol weird people online I swear, I guess you should be honored though, you clearly bothered him and he was deeply disturbed by your opinion.
    Yeah, and now he's gone into hiding because first I had an ax to grind, now I praised TMO in almost every aspect, so clearly he can't find a story that works with his narrative. Anyhow, sorry to all if I came on and shared an issue I had. I think TMO is kind of like Apple.. a company with huge potential that's had a past of ups and downs. And like Apple, TMO has many "fanboys" (I consider myself an "Apple Fanboy" in full disclosure). And the issue with companies with a lot of fanboys, is they often give the company a pass when they falter, or give them leeway in innovating, or delivering on promises made. Both Apple and TMO have somewhat been given a pass the past couple years. Sorry if this offends anyone's sensibilities. I'm sure others have different experiences, but I also think there are a lot of people who aren't holding TMO accountable for delivering a reliable service.

    Oh well, this was fun, welcome to Howard Forums, ehh.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,263
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Yeah, and now he's gone into hiding because first I had an ax to grind, now I praised TMO in almost every aspect, so clearly he can't find a story that works with his narrative. Anyhow, sorry to all if I came on and shared an issue I had. I think TMO is kind of like Apple.. a company with huge potential that's had a past of ups and downs. And like Apple, TMO has many "fanboys" (I consider myself an "Apple Fanboy" in full disclosure). And the issue with companies with a lot of fanboys, is they often give the company a pass when they falter, or give them leeway in innovating, or delivering on promises made. Both Apple and TMO have somewhat been given a pass the past couple years. Sorry if this offends anyone's sensibilities. I'm sure others have different experiences, but I also think there are a lot of people who aren't holding TMO accountable for delivering a reliable service.

    Oh well, this was fun, welcome to Howard Forums, ehh.
    A few months ago someone asked John legere if he read hofo on periscope he was doing, John said sure, kind of in a sure why not sort of way probably just agreeing, anywho someone here made a post about it. You should of seen the comments. You had people posting stuff like "John if you see this we welcome you! We are huge fans!!" Like John was some alien life form making first contact. Was quite funny actually. I think a lot of people who just blindly defend are holding onto the hope that maybe John will see it and give them a thumbs up or something. Like he'd actually overly care.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,632
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Current Coverage Map is basically them saying "this is where our phones work" ... so I'd say that's deceptive to say the least. And FYI, you can't sue wireless carriers, they all are protected by binding arbitration clauses. Basically their own hired bureaucracies used to make issues disappear. I don't care to take them to court, public perception is already crucifying TMO. When 9 customers leave for every 10 customers that sign up, it's not a sustainable path to long term success. Credit card companies can get away with high churn because when they come out with a new product (aka a new picture on the front of the card) people come back. Sadly, people form opinions of cellular carriers and share their experiences with their friends\family\colleagues. If a friend were to ask if I thought they should give TMO a chance, my reply would be "No Way!" ... because I had them for years and know how awful it still is in most of their biggest markets.
    You're the one accusing them of breaking the law. I'm just quoting you.

    I hope you feel better about complaining here even though it accomplishes absolutely nothing!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    Relevance? So since I've been a "long time listener, first time caller," I'm less credible than someone with 1000000 posts spewing mindless nonsense? Right. Look at any research that's been done on ATT in LA, and you'll find that any claims of widespread poor service is utter garbage. Every carrier has their good and bad spots, but to suggest that ATT is poor in LA is funny. What next, Verizon service is awful in Chicago? LOL.

    Oh that's right, it's okay for someone else to have an opinion on a carrier or coverage, but not me. Now I get it. Lots of hiding behind monitors going on in here. Guess I shoulda stayed a listener not a caller.
    Really? You've tested every cell site and sector in LA and you're 100% confident that AT&T isn't congested or weak in any part of LA? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

    You can't tell someone else that their personal experience is wrong. It was their experience, not yours. Unless you were there with them and can confirm that they aren't telling the truth?

    You just contradicted yourself. You can’t say “Every carrier has their good and bad spots” and then say “any claims of widespread poor service is utter garbage”. Which is it? Carriers have good and bad spots? Or anyone who has slow speeds or poor coverage in LA is lying?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella94128 View Post
    I'm sure others have different experiences, but I also think there are a lot of people who aren't holding TMO accountable for delivering a reliable service.
    You seem to be failing to understand that for many people, T-Mobile does deliver a reliable service. They have over 70 million customers for a reason.

    Remember: Verizon just lost over 300,000 net customers in Q1, their first loss in a long time, and biggest quarterly loss in Verizon history. T-Mobile has been adding ~2 million net customers each quarter for several years now. People wouldn't be switching to T-Mobile if their coverage was as awful as you claim, and more importantly, they would be leaving T-Mobile, which isn't happening in any significant way. Far more people are switching to T-Mobile than are leaving, and that trend has continued steadily for years.

    That said, T-Mobile isn't a good fit for everyone. They don't match AT&T or Verizon's geographic coverage, and they still have a lot of work to do. They know that, which is why they just spent $8 billion on nationwide 600MHz spectrum and are going to start rolling it out this year.

    I can only speak for my experience, which is that Verizon coverage in my area is terrible. In most suburban areas around here, they only provide 1-2 bars of B13, which is heavily congested. At home, I would be lucky to see 5Mbps over LTE, and it was regularly below 1Mbps. Not to mention we were paying over $200/month for just 3 lines due to taxes and fees, including data overage fees. We have 3 lines with T-Mobile for just $90/month now, and our coverage and data speeds are excellent, including in many rural areas we go to frequently, like West Virginia.

    I can list many areas where T-Mobile has better coverage than Verizon, so it's important to remember that no carrier is better everywhere. What matters is what works for you in the areas where you need it to work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Tmo Getting hired story...errr...not...
    By thejlw in forum T-Mobile Employees & Dealers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-04-2005, 02:06 AM
  2. my java success story (in Dubai)
    By KKS in forum Samsung FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2003, 01:42 AM
  3. my java success story (in dubai)
    By KKS in forum Samsung
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 07:45 AM
  4. My TMo VoiceMail doesn't work?
    By sassychick in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-05-2003, 04:18 PM
  5. Help with Now MMS on my GD87 [long story]
    By urban4u in forum Panasonic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 11:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks