Thread: ZTE Maven

Feedback Score

ZTE Maven

My friend gave me a phone because I needed a new one because my HTC was overheating and the battery would die within 20 minutes after powering on regardless of being used or not. She gave me her old ZTE Maven. It wasn't reset and had the password on it where you had to draw something, so I did a factory reset. Well, I went through the prompts of entering my wifi password and then it asked me to enter the Gmail account that the phone was registered with. Obviously I have no way of knowing that and even if I asked my friend for her information, it is useless to me. So I thought it I took out the SIM card, it would erase that information. It didn't. I tried doing another factory reset but I always find it tricky to get into that menu and the phone ended up dying on me because I had been messing around with for some time. Do I have to wait to insert my new SIM card that is coming in the mail to bypass the set-up wanting her Gmail account? I don't understand such things. Thank you for your time answering my questions and have a great day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lilvampgurk View Post
    My friend gave me a phone because I needed a new one because my HTC was overheating and the battery would die within 20 minutes after powering on regardless of being used or not. She gave me her old ZTE Maven. It wasn't reset and had the password on it where you had to draw something, so I did a factory reset. Well, I went through the prompts of entering my wifi password and then it asked me to enter the Gmail account that the phone was registered with. Obviously I have no way of knowing that and even if I asked my friend for her information, it is useless to me. So I thought it I took out the SIM card, it would erase that information. It didn't. I tried doing another factory reset but I always find it tricky to get into that menu and the phone ended up dying on me because I had been messing around with for some time. Do I have to wait to insert my new SIM card that is coming in the mail to bypass the set-up wanting her Gmail account? I don't understand such things. Thank you for your time answering my questions and have a great day.
    If you haven't messed with it too much, look for the smudge pattern on the screen. That is probably the unlock pattern. The Maven has cheap glass that is not very smudge resistant. The Maven is an ok basic phone.

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    > ....to bypass the set-up wanting her Gmail account?

What happens when you give *your* GMail credentials?
    Regards, FJ