Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1246

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuser View Post
    Haven't been following Xfinity mobile... few questions:

1. When is android BYOD coming? I thought it was supposed to come out months ago.
    I think this is one that no one, likely not even Xfinity, can answer. It could come out at anytime but, personally, I don't expect it anytime soon.

2. Is there constant deprioritization compared to Verizon postpaid like other Verizon prepaid MVNOs/Verizon prepaid or is it only after 20GB?
    You should get decent speeds -- you are "deprioritized" behind postpaid but not throttled, meaning that you'll get roughly full speed so long as Verizon's towers have light usage, but if they start getting crowded your speeds will slow before postpaid users. After 20GB you will be throttled, where you can only get 3G speeds. How fast your service is will depend on Verizon in your area and how congested it is.

3. Anyway to enable HD video? For extra fee?
    No, I am not aware of any way to upgrade to HD video.

4. Are taxes normal prepaid taxes $2-3 or postpaid taxes of like $10-20?
    Taxes are minimal, like other prepaids; likely about $1-2/line.

5. If you cancel your comcast internet/TV you get charged $10 for the mobile service, so if you use no data you only pay $10/mo for unlimited talk/text?
    As I understand it, only Xfinity Internet is required for the discount, so you could cancel TV service and not have it effect your bill. And, yes, if you cancel Internet service, it should be only $10 per month per line.

Feedback Score
    For my comcast bill taxes are adjusted by -0.60 per month due to some sort of unavoidable overpayment seemingly related to xfinity mobile. I get a "tax rebate" of 60 cents per month, and a specific email notifying me of each specific 60 cents each month. I have 2 xfin-mob lines so far. I'm hoping my tax rebate goes to 90 cents per month after I port-in my new "iPhone Junior" (SE) from verizon prepaid in 3 months.

ps - will there be an xfinity-mobile or general security update soon to fix the stupendous android PNG file PWNage reportedly seen in the wild? Seems that most recent years android phones can be pwned if the pwner introduces a crafted PNG file to the owner.
    Last edited by bald2718281828; 02-14-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like there is a new $250 gift card for purchasing a Samsung phone with a new line, just in time for S10 preorders.

Device(s)
    Iphone X Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo
    Feedback Score
    Heads up. Xfinity Mobile works in Puerto Rico. I just came back and was able to Roam on Open Mobile and Claro with them.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Are Xfinity phones still easy to unlock, assuming you pay for them upfront?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    Are Xfinity phones still easy to unlock, assuming you pay for them upfront?
    So far as I know, as long as the phone is unlocked, Xfinity will unlock the phone on request.

Feedback Score
    Latest samsung S8 OS update from xfinity broke MMS entirely, it cannot send or receive MMS with the xfinity messaging app. google/android/blue messaging app fails too. Turning on cellular data doesn't fix it. I haven't checked with customer service yet.

edit: Issue is mitigated/resolved for now by putting phone in airplane mode and connecting to wifi only, disconnecting from cell tower. Also I deleted the "mysms" text-mirroring-on-browser app, but I bet that was unnecessary/unrelated. The S8 phone # is forwarded to my primary phone (iPhone-SE) currently on verizon-prepaid, to be ported into xfinity after I use $150 of verizon-prepaid service.

I tracked the root-cause of the S8 MMS/cell-data issue to be possibly related to 'data saver' and/or 'data limit' which had been exceeded before the OS upgrade. Maybe the issue will disappear when the next billing cycle starts. I'll probably keep the phone in airplane mode, wifi-only to try to further mitigate data-usage that going forward. I want this S8 phone to use zero bytes of cellular data per month, and I succeed with that most months.
    Last edited by bald2718281828; 04-26-2019 at 07:14 AM. Reason: to give more info

Feedback Score
    Looks like the LG G8 ThinQ and Moto G7 Power are up for sale now.

Still no plan changes or improvements on their "unlimited" plan.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I was thinking of the G7 Power (unbranded) for my next phone. The $100 Visa gift card makes this one tempting. Its description lists all LTE bands including 14 29 and 30 for AT&T, plus Band 71 for TMO. They would unlock it fairly easily, but I don't know if the Verizon-based firmware would allow VoLTE on TMO, let alone AT&T (if/when they allow VoLTE for non-AT&T branded phones).

If anyone gets one, perhaps they would let us know if it does TMO VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I feel really bad for anyone that pays $780 for a LG G8. Not saying it is a bad phone, but no where near worth that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    ...but I don't know if the Verizon-based firmware would allow VoLTE on TMO, let alone AT&T (if/when they allow VoLTE for non-AT&T branded phones).

If anyone gets one, perhaps they would let us know if it does TMO VoLTE.
    Nope. Unlocked Xfinity Mobile devices do not support T-Mobile and AT&T VoLTE.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    Nope. Unlocked Xfinity Mobile devices do not support T-Mobile and AT&T VoLTE.
    Devices like the unbranded G7 Power most certainly do.

I doubt Xfinity has a custom OS release that would disable low-level modem functions like that.

For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's just the retail device sold by Xfinity and not even SIM locked.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 05-15-2019 at 11:21 AM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post

I doubt Xfinity has a custom OS release that would disable low-level modem functions like that.

For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's just the retail device sold by Xfinity and nit even SIM locked.
    Thanks, ST Dog. What you posted makes sense.

Device(s)
    LG G3/G2/XCharge Moto E4/E2/G4-G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Xfinity is unlikely to create any custom OS releases, but may have Verizon do it for them, in which case those features could get restricted.

I may get one anyway (to use on X-M).

Feedback Score

For that matter I wouldn't be surprised to learn it's just the retail device sold by Xfinity and not even SIM locked.

Unlocked Verizon's Moto E4 does not support T-Mobile's (and AT&T) VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

Page 83 of 84 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 LastLast