Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1312

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Here are taxes/fees for 1 line $12/mo, 1GB plan.

Thanks for sharing. I guess those fees vary depending on the state and in PA they're pretty high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I guess those fees vary depending on the state and in PA they're pretty high.

Same in CT. If I used a gig the bill is close to 20

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post

Yes, 911 fees + all the state/local/other charges are going to vary depending on your zip code.

You can find the 911 fees by state here: https://www.nena.org/page/911RateByState

Based on the last bill you posted, each of your lines run about $2.59/each -- which is very close my $2.55

Remember, Xfinity has nothing to do with these rates/fees. You'll pay them regardless of which carrier you choose.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Yes, 911 fees + all the state/local/other charges are going to vary depending on your zip code.
    Remember, Xfinity has nothing to do with these rates/fees. You'll pay them regardless of which carrier you choose.
    Look back at the 2 he posted though.
    the fees more than doubled over 3 periods.

That seemed to be the issue.

And not just taxes ( 911 stayed the same). The USF and recovery fees had a big increase, both of which are under Xfinity's control.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Look back at the 2 he posted though.
    the fees more than doubled over 3 periods.

That seemed to be the issue.

And not just taxes ( 911 stayed the same). The USF and recovery fees had a big increase, both of which are under Xfinity's control.
    Yeah, exactly. I don't understand how those jumped so high so fast.

Feedback Score
    Greetings. I tried reading as much of this thread as I could, but my mind wandered all over the place on 87 pages. So, I'll hopefully not be asking a redundant question. I spoke with Xfi Mobile about bringing my two phones over. It all sounded good since my wife and I don't use more than maybe 2 gigs combined a month. They said they could port our phones which are with AT&T (iPhone 8 and 8+). But the guy on the phone warned me that I may not get the same coverage as I would with the Verizon (CDMA) phone. He said it might be spotty in places or less bars with the GSM phone. Does anyone have experience with this? I was wondering if the guy was trying to sell me two of their phones. Thanks in advance, Ron

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    coverage depends on where you are.. In general Verizon and AT&T both have pretty good coverage, but in certain areas, one might be better then other.. I have Verizon and wanted to try AT&T, so I bought a tracfone sim for $20 and activated it in a spare phone I have, turned out to be no better then what I had. Cheap way to test the service..

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Z View Post
    Greetings. I tried reading as much of this thread as I could, but my mind wandered all over the place on 87 pages. So, I'll hopefully not be asking a redundant question. I spoke with Xfi Mobile about bringing my two phones over. It all sounded good since my wife and I don't use more than maybe 2 gigs combined a month. They said they could port our phones which are with AT&T (iPhone 8 and 8+). But the guy on the phone warned me that I may not get the same coverage as I would with the Verizon (CDMA) phone. He said it might be spotty in places or less bars with the GSM phone. Does anyone have experience with this? I was wondering if the guy was trying to sell me two of their phones. Thanks in advance, Ron
    The rep was referring to possible carrier compatibility issues. An unlocked iPhone 8 and 8+ will work fine on both AT&T and Verizon network.

Feedback Score
    I'm a noob with regards to unlocking a phone. So as the two phones are (GSM), will they not work as well as a CDMA phone on the Xfinity/Verizon network? Does Xfinity unlock them when they put them in service, or is this something I have to get done somewhere?

Feedback Score
    I'm a noob with regards to unlocking a phone. So as the two phones are (GSM), will they not work as well as a CDMA phone on the Xfinity/Verizon network? Does Xfinity unlock them when they put them in service, or is this something I have to get done somewhere?
    are the iphones still on AT&T ?? go here to unlock - https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/ make sure to read the "Unlock a device" article near the bottom to make sure that your phones qualify for unlocking.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Both network technologies CDMA and GSM are getting phased out. It's all going to 4G LTE and 5G. Your iPhones will work fine.

To unlock them, visit that ATT link above.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. So by unlocking these phones is there a chance I brick or somehow damage them? Or should I just leave it alone and use the phones as is should I switch to xfinity?

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the iPhone 8 does not have CDMA radios. This shouldn't matter very much, at all, since Verizon had planned on shutting down all their legacy CDMA this year. They ended up pushing it back to next year; so while unlikely, you could find yourself in an area that only has CDMA where Verizon will not work. LTE is replacing CDMA, so Verizon now has LTE basically everywhere they have coverage, and your phone should be fine working on Verizon's LTE.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. So by unlocking these phones is there a chance I brick or somehow damage them? Or should I just leave it alone and use the phones as is should I switch to xfinity?
    No chance of bricking the phones. It's a simple unlock by ATT. ATT will notify you when it's unlocked. Typically happens within 3-days.

Also, if you want to upgrade your iPhones, Xfinity has a $250 back offer on any new iPhone. I picked up an XR for basically only $350. So far, I've been very impressed with the service. You can also change your plan on the fly at anytime during the month to adjust for usage. Right now, I think it's one of the best values on the Verizon network.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Google Pixel 4 now available for pre order.

Page 87 of 88 FirstFirst ... 37 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 LastLast