Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1346

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I will be closing one of my lines.. Even $12 is too much for a backup phone that rarely gets used.. Not sure about my wifes line yet..

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    I will be closing one of my lines.. Even $12 is too much for a backup phone that rarely gets used.. Not sure about my wifes line yet..
    $12 gives you 1GB of shared data for the account, not per line.

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3c3 View Post
    $12 gives you 1GB of shared data for the account, not per line.
    I know that, but I keep my Xfinity phone purely as back up and my wife does not use any data at all.. I can get her a 1 year tracfone card for $40, it comes with more minutes, text, and data then she will ever use.. If you figure the taxes I pay to XF, annual cost is almost a wash.

Not saying the $12 is not a good deal for light data users, but just not the best option for us anymore..

Feedback Score
    Iphone 7 Question on XM:

I acquired a used IPhone 7 that was previously on Verizon. My daughter currently has a Moto e5 play on XM. I want to get her number that's tied to the Moto on the Iphone 7. How do I accomplish this?

Is it just a matter of putting the nano sim from her Moto e5 play into the Iphone 7 and firing it up? Or is there more to it than that?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Not saying the $12 is not a good deal for light data users, but just not the best option for us anymore..
    Sure. You need 4 or 5 lines to split the $12 cost.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Yeah this also does mean starting in February no more free lines for any customers even grandfathered ones.
    Good ole bait and switch.

The writing was in the wall when they announces Gen 2. Just a matter of time before they dropped Gen 1 completely.

Just figured they wait a year before doing it.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 12thman View Post
    Yep, Xfinity officially announced the details here-

We introduced the second generation Xfinity Mobile Plan to all new customers on August 1, 2019. It expanded our By the Gig data options to accommodate new, affordable ways to share data, reducing costs for customers using up to 3 GB or 10 GB of shared data each month if they elect those options. In February 2020, we'll begin moving all customer accounts activated prior to August 2019 to the second generation plan. Very little will change in your new plan. By the Gig lines will remain on By the Gig at $12/mo for 1 GB of shared data and Unlimited lines will remain on Unlimited at $45/mo per line. But you'll now have access to two additional By the Gig data amounts to share across lines on your account – 3 GB for $30/mo and 10 GB for $60/mo.

These data options reduce the costs for shared data on your By the Gig lines at those levels. In addition, all By the Gig lines will default to HD quality streaming video resolution (720p for smartphones; 1080p for tablets). If you would like to save on data costs, you can elect to reduce your streaming video resolution to 480p online with our Data Saver feature.

However, two other important changes will be made to accounts. First, our original pricing included a 100 MB per account data allowance for By the Gig customers. This data allowance will be eliminated. As a result, all customer accounts with By the Gig lines will pay a minimum of $12/mo associated with those lines. Even with that change, Xfinity Mobile pricing is still the lowest for customers who elect the By the Gig data option and do not use much data.

Second, we will be moving all accounts to a network level that is commonly used in the industry to adjust the prioritization of traffic during periods of high congestion. This has been in place for all new customers since August, and we have not had any concerns raised. However, customers who are concerned can return to the prior standard on a per line basis for an additional fee.

You will receive your February bill shortly after your account is moved to the new plan. This bill will be the last one that reflects your first generation plan.

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...e/plan-changes
    I just received an email stating this. This is bad news for me. I usually am under 100mb. I just paid off my second phone and now they add this. I was looking forward to real cheap payment of just taxes.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I know that, but I keep my Xfinity phone purely as back up and my wife does not use any data at all.. I can get her a 1 year tracfone card for $40, it comes with more minutes, text, and data then she will ever use.. If you figure the taxes I pay to XF, annual cost is almost a wash.

Ya, I will probably move what we use as the home phone line back to TF and cancel the other.

It wouldn't be so bad if they allowed unrestricted Android BYOD. If they did, I would probably transfer my TF service over to the wife's TF line or vice versa and then swap the SIM over and use the XM line as my/her primary service, but they do not with all service functionality, so good bye XM!
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I want to port out of Xfin, and bought a cheap year of Tracfone service. On the Tracfone website, they ask for current carrier and pin. Since Xfinity mobile isn't an option, should I select Verizon? Also, Xfin gave me a six digit pin code. Tracfone does not accept that as valid. Not sure if I should just enter the first 4 digits. Anyone have any experience going from Xfinity to Tracfone?

Carrier(s)
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    I want to port out of Xfin, and bought a cheap year of Tracfone service. On the Tracfone website, they ask for current carrier and pin. Since Xfinity mobile isn't an option, should I select Verizon? Also, Xfin gave me a six digit pin code. Tracfone does not accept that as valid. Not sure if I should just enter the first 4 digits. Anyone have any experience going from Xfinity to Tracfone?
    In general you should choose the MVNO like XM when choosing the carrier for porting (not the underlying carrier Verizon). Sorry, cannot help you with the PIN issue, try going through the phone reps to port...

Feedback Score
    I cancelled both my Xfi/VZ lines this morning. I was the same, backup and testing mostly. I have good T-Mobile service on esim for my location. I have been considering a $60 Red Pocket Verizon plan from Ebay. I see Tracphone mentioned here but can't locate the $40 annual plan being talked about. Is that a discount refill or what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    I cancelled both my Xfi/VZ lines this morning. I was the same, backup and testing mostly. I have good T-Mobile service on esim for my location. I have been considering a $60 Red Pocket Verizon plan from Ebay. I see Tracphone mentioned here but can't locate the $40 annual plan being talked about. Is that a discount refill or what?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...a/283493024108

1200/1200/3GB/1 Year

It comes with a regular TF three carrier triple cut SIM card kit and a scratch off card. It can be used for establishing new service or the scratch off card can be added to an exiting line.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    That looks to good to be true. Are their any known activation issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    That looks to good to be true. Are their any known activation issues.
    No........

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...a/283493024108

1200/1200/3GB/1 Year

It comes with a regular TF three carrier triple cut SIM card kit and a scratch off card. It can be used for establishing new service or the scratch off card can be added to an exiting line.
    This seems better than the Red Pocket yearly plan I am currently using. I'm going to probably ask some dumb questions about this plan but I didn't see it in the ebay listing.
    Are the numbers shown (1200/1200/3GB) monthly numbers?
    If so, does it renew automatically every month like RP does?
    How good is Tracfone service compared to RP's?
    Any texting or data issues with certain phones like RP has?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast