Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1346

Thread: Comcast Details Mobile Phone Service as Xfinity Mobile

Feedback Score
    Probably been asked before, but is there a way to get a preactivated sim? Their byod list is pathetically small, but I suspect you don't really NEED one of those devices for the service to work (IF) one can get a sim activated, they could probably put it in many other verizon compatible devices... only thing is, without having access to one of those "approved" devices... I wonder if that is even possible to do?

Has anyone been able to get a sim activated somehow and put it on an unofficially supported device? If so, how?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Probably been asked before, but is there a way to get a preactivated sim? Their byod list is pathetically small, but I suspect you don't really NEED one of those devices for the service to work (IF) one can get a sim activated, they could probably put it in many other verizon compatible devices... only thing is, without having access to one of those "approved" devices... I wonder if that is even possible to do? Has anyone been able to get a sim activated somehow and put it on an unofficially supported device? If so, how?
    see here - https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod you can get a free sim if your device is compatible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    see here - https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/byod you can get a free sim if your device is compatible.
    Not what I am asking at all lol. I already looked at that sad list before I even asked

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Not what I am asking at all lol. I already looked at that sad list before I even asked
    Others have posted that SIM swapping works fine.

Just get an inexpensive Xfinity phone for the SIM.

Feedback Score
    Ok, so this got me to thinking. I bought my phones outright from the local Apple Store. So, does that mean they provided an unlocked phone to begin with and set it to work on ATT?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Z View Post
    Ok, so this got me to thinking. I bought my phones outright from the local Apple Store. So, does that mean they provided an unlocked phone to begin with and set it to work on ATT?
    Depends on which you bought.

At least at one time they would sell both unlocked/SIM free and carrier locked.
    Last edited by ST Dog; 10-20-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Z View Post
    If you buy the phone from the Apple Store outright (pay upfront) or use the Apple Upgrade program, the phone will be unlocked -- even if you bought a "carrier" version it is still unlocked, it just comes with a SIM card preinstalled for that carrier. If you buy a phone from Apple but use carrier financing, then the phone should be locked to that carrier.

Edit: I bought a T-Mobile version from the Apple Store and moved that line to the eSIM, and then I have my Xfinity SIM card installed as a second line.

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just received this email: "We have credited your account for $20.60. You'll see the amount reflected in your Xfinity Mobile Account."

My account says: "Service Credit: Tax Adjustment".

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3c3 View Post
    Just received this email: "We have credited your account for $20.60. You'll see the amount reflected in your Xfinity Mobile Account."

My account says: "Service Credit: Tax Adjustment".
    I got the same message, different amount though..

Feedback Score
    From a reddit post it appears all gen 1 customers will be moved to the gen 2 offerings in Feb of 2020.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    From a reddit post it appears all gen 1 customers will be moved to the gen 2 offerings in Feb of 2020.
    Yep, Xfinity officially announced the details here-

We introduced the second generation Xfinity Mobile Plan to all new customers on August 1, 2019. It expanded our By the Gig data options to accommodate new, affordable ways to share data, reducing costs for customers using up to 3 GB or 10 GB of shared data each month if they elect those options. In February 2020, we'll begin moving all customer accounts activated prior to August 2019 to the second generation plan. Very little will change in your new plan. By the Gig lines will remain on By the Gig at $12/mo for 1 GB of shared data and Unlimited lines will remain on Unlimited at $45/mo per line. But you'll now have access to two additional By the Gig data amounts to share across lines on your account – 3 GB for $30/mo and 10 GB for $60/mo.

These data options reduce the costs for shared data on your By the Gig lines at those levels. In addition, all By the Gig lines will default to HD quality streaming video resolution (720p for smartphones; 1080p for tablets). If you would like to save on data costs, you can elect to reduce your streaming video resolution to 480p online with our Data Saver feature.

However, two other important changes will be made to accounts. First, our original pricing included a 100 MB per account data allowance for By the Gig customers. This data allowance will be eliminated. As a result, all customer accounts with By the Gig lines will pay a minimum of $12/mo associated with those lines. Even with that change, Xfinity Mobile pricing is still the lowest for customers who elect the By the Gig data option and do not use much data.

Second, we will be moving all accounts to a network level that is commonly used in the industry to adjust the prioritization of traffic during periods of high congestion. This has been in place for all new customers since August, and we have not had any concerns raised. However, customers who are concerned can return to the prior standard on a per line basis for an additional fee.

You will receive your February bill shortly after your account is moved to the new plan. This bill will be the last one that reflects your first generation plan.

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/suppo...e/plan-changes

Feedback Score
    Yeah this also does mean starting in February no more free lines for any customers even grandfathered ones. I mean 12 bucks for all shared lines isn’t a terrible deal but that means regardless any data used or not there’s a charge now. That’s too bad but I guess sometimes things like this change tho

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to move my number, but was thinking about doing it anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clocks11 View Post
    I'm going to move my number, but was thinking about doing it anyway.
    Same here. I have my buddies line also on it too trying to figure out what I’ll do with it

Device(s)
    LG X Charge, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    For 5 low-data lines in the account, I think it's still good. What are the cheaper alternatives?

Page 88 of 90 FirstFirst ... 38 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 LastLast