Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 79

Thread: New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,047
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I hate this story - the woman was 100% at fault.

    She pulled over, put the cup in her own lap - she's obviously older so most likely her dexterity is compromised to begin with. It spills on her and again, because she's older and confined in a small space, cannot get the hot liquid/clothing off her. How was McDonald's in any way liable for this? The fact she was 'old' and hadn't done this before doesn't change anything.

    Coffee was too hot - right. What temp was it at? The correct temp to serve it and not make people wait. Have you been to a McDonalds? They brew the coffee and pull the pot off and dump it into a cup instantly.

    http://www.ncausa.org/About-Coffee/How-to-Brew-Coffee

    Let's see what the specialist say above. Coffee should be brewed as close to possible to right under boiling, but at least 195 degrees. It even specifically says wait until your beverage is around 140 to enjoy. So, does McDonald's need to hand hold folks to not dump near boiling liquids down their threats (or place them near body parts for that matter?)

    It would be the same as suing Budweiser for drunk drivers getting hurt or others hurt. It's asinine. I have a family and friends. A friend was killed by a drunk driver - my thought nor his family's thoughts weren't to go after alcohol companies. It was the person who sought out the drink. McDonald's enabled this women to injure herself in no more of a way than Budweiser does when someone gets hurt from drinking.
    I dunno?

    You'd have to sue your local grocery store or liquor store who sold you boiling beer in a flimsy cup to make a fair comparison after spilling it on your lap and burning off your man zone. When you sell goods to the public for profit there are certain safety measures you have to adhere to. But just like crossing bars sometimes only getting installed at rural railroad crossings after a terrible accident these measures only get applied in a similar fashion.

    You make great points but I wouldn't call the lawsuit asinine as it forced change. Apparently there have been hundreds of severe burns reported from McDonald's coffee prior to the lawsuit that went unchallenged.

    I'm with you in my distaste for frivolous lawsuits but this one wasn't a planted human finger into a bowl of Wendy's Chili here. People who know me have actually accused me of being too pro business as a matter of fact.

    I know we're getting way off topic and sorry for steering the conversation that way. Perhaps we could have this thread moved to the Lounge and continue it there?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    I hate this story - the woman was 100% at fault.

    She pulled over, put the cup in her own lap - she's obviously older so most likely her dexterity is compromised to begin with. It spills on her and again, because she's older and confined in a small space, cannot get the hot liquid/clothing off her. How was McDonald's in any way liable for this? The fact she was 'old' and hadn't done this before doesn't change anything.

    Coffee was too hot - right. What temp was it at? The correct temp to serve it and not make people wait. Have you been to a McDonalds? They brew the coffee and pull the pot off and dump it into a cup instantly.

    http://www.ncausa.org/About-Coffee/How-to-Brew-Coffee

    Let's see what the specialist say above. Coffee should be brewed as close to possible to right under boiling, but at least 195 degrees. It even specifically says wait until your beverage is around 140 to enjoy. So, does McDonald's need to hand hold folks to not dump near boiling liquids down their threats (or place them near body parts for that matter?)

    It would be the same as suing Budweiser for drunk drivers getting hurt or others hurt. It's asinine. I have a family and friends. A friend was killed by a drunk driver - my thought nor his family's thoughts weren't to go after alcohol companies. It was the person who sought out the drink. McDonald's enabled this women to injure herself in no more of a way than Budweiser does when someone gets hurt from drinking.
    I believe McDonald's was found guilty because they had a history of serving it way way hotter then needed and provided no warning that it was hotter then need be to serve.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,635
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I dunno?

    You'd have to sue your local grocery store or liquor store who sold you boiling beer in a flimsy cup to make a fair comparison after spilling it on your lap and burning off your man zone. When you sell goods to the public for profit there are certain safety measures you have to adhere to. But just like crossing bars sometimes only getting installed at rural railroad crossings after a terrible accident these measures only get applied in a similar fashion.

    You make great points but I wouldn't call the lawsuit asinine as it forced change. Apparently there have been hundreds of severe burns reported from McDonald's coffee prior to the lawsuit that went unchallenged.

    I'm with you in my distaste for frivolous lawsuits but this one wasn't a planted human finger into a bowl of Wendy's Chili here. People who know me have actually accused me of being too pro business as a matter of fact.

    I know we're getting way off topic and sorry for steering the conversation that way. Perhaps we could have this thread moved to the Lounge and continue it there?
    My point was to bring up another 'problem' beverage. You are very pro business and I walk the line too - my dad has run his business for 30 years now and I see what stupid things can happen.

    Moving the topic sounds fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I believe McDonald's was found guilty because they had a history of serving it way way hotter then needed and provided no warning that it was hotter then need be to serve.
    I guess I'm just curious what people want McDonald's and other places to do? I've literally gone to McDonald's (seriously for the coffee itself as it's damn good and hot!) to see them watch it finish brewing and when the drops stop they take the pot off, dump it in my cup and put it out for me. How can they prevent a hot hot hot beverage in this case without literally keeping my cup from me so I don't burn myself.

    Also, given the lady wasn't even driving, why not hold the cup in one hand and take the lid off with the other? Put lid down on dashboard. Dump in whatever fowl stuff she was going to attempt to defile her coffee with to begin with.
    Last edited by Morphling27; 04-12-2017 at 04:27 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    704
    Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just curious is the McDonalds under a T-Mobile tower or did they integrate T-Mobile coverage into McDonalds maps?

    I always thought ATT sponsored the WiFi at McDonalds because its typically just as bad as their 4G

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Just curious is the McDonalds under a T-Mobile tower or did they integrate T-Mobile coverage into McDonalds maps?

    I always thought ATT sponsored the WiFi at McDonalds because its typically just as bad as their 4G
    McDonald's and AT&T, their slogan should be "you'll want to be burned badly too when you get done with us" or "buy one mcrib get a free 3G network labeled as 4G"

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,623
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I had discussions with people that where vehement that cell phones and cell towers are cancerigene. But they happily heat their food in microwave owens and... God forbid to cut off their WiFi signal!
    Were they smoking a cigarette while making their assertion? Never mind that's worse for their health than 100 cell phone towers or microwaves. SMH

    --Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Were they smoking a cigarette while making their assertion? Never mind that's worse for their health than 100 cell phone towers or microwaves. SMH

    --Kidd
    As I get older I kind of get the impression that most things in our modern lives prob add to our risk of cancer.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    556
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkayrac View Post
    around 180 degrees, which is insanely hot for coffee.
    Why does the Keurig default to 192 degrees?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    Why does the Keurig default to 192 degrees?
    Because that's the internal temp of the water in your brewer? Not the dispensed temperature ? It cools significantly unless you use something like a foam or paper cup, which no one does.

    There is also a significant difference in you brewing your coffee vs serving coffee to a bunch of idiots.

    I spent some younger years working at a coffee shop, and the amount of people who don't even make it from the counter without spilling something is quite higher than you might expect.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    556
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkayrac View Post
    Because that's the internal temp of the water in your brewer? Not the dispensed temperature ?
    That is the temperature of the water that goes through the k-cup and into the mug below. Supposedly the proper temperature for brewing coffee. It's too hot to drink for a while. Is McDonald's supposed to brew it and let it sit around to cool off so that someone can drink it right away? Or should you wait just like you would if you brewed your own?

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    103
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    That is the temperature of the water that goes through the k-cup and into the mug below. Supposedly the proper temperature for brewing coffee. It's too hot to drink for a while. Is McDonald's supposed to brew it and let it sit around to cool off so that someone can drink it right away? Or should you wait just like you would if you brewed your own?
    Actually that's the temp inside the system. Just going through the system cools 10 or so getting to the cup, and then it depends on what the cup is........The temp at the coffee shop I don't remember, but I think it came out at 165 while brewing. Which isn't far off, and far more towards being able to be drank and not burn someone instantly..........The coffee shop isn't a small shop, it was a DD........All I know is giving people extremely hot coffee is not great for your business, especially when it has been a problem for you before with payouts, and you continue to do it.......Then right after having a lawsuit filed, you reduce your temp to a far lower level.............That's how you lose lawsuits, by doing dumb ****.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    2,564
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Microsoft Paint for the win!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieAl View Post
    That is the temperature of the water that goes through the k-cup and into the mug below. Supposedly the proper temperature for brewing coffee. It's too hot to drink for a while. Is McDonald's supposed to brew it and let it sit around to cool off so that someone can drink it right away? Or should you wait just like you would if you brewed your own?
    The woman who filed the frivolous lawsuit actually had purchased and drank coffee at that very McDonalds many times before she decided (on her own) to dump it in her lap.

    Anything is dangerous if you choose to do something stupid with it.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    30
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is this Thread about T-Mobile map or hot coffee

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    The woman who filed the frivolous lawsuit actually had purchased and drank coffee at that very McDonalds many times before she decided (on her own) to dump it in her lap.

    Anything is dangerous if you choose to do something stupid with it.
    Your completely missing the point of the lawsuit...also I'm sure she didn't intentionally dump the coffee on her lap. Who would want permanent damage to there legs and genitals? McDonald's had a history of brewing the coffee far far above a safe and normal temperature. They created a safety hazard well above the expected risk when handling coffee.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-13-2015, 05:40 PM
  2. New T Mobile Coverage Maps
    By jctusa7 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 10:37 AM
  3. Public Mobile New Public Mobile Cell Tower Map
    By loxcel in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2011, 12:35 AM
  4. new versions of these comparison maps?
    By joepoid in forum AT&T
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 10:51 PM
  5. New T-mobile/Voicestream Coverage map
    By frangus in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2002, 09:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks