Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New T-Mobile LTE Comparison Map

Carrier(s)
    Sprint $50 iPhone Plan
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They exaggerate. It's not official until it's on Sensorly!

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Right because the majority of customers use it.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    T-Mobile does not have 100+ million subscribers. They had 72 milliion at the close of 2016.

End of 2016:
    Verizon 143 million*
    AT&T 134.9 million
    T-Mobile 71.5 million
    Sprint 59.5 million

*Estimated. Verizon does not report wholesale subscribers.

Sprint maps are pretty good about showing the true network coverage. AT&T is as bad or worse than T-Mo about not showing where they have gaps.
    Bob, the hundred million was for ALL US customers of all carriers. But I way undercounted, didn't I?

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mossme89 View Post
    Sensorly, Root Metrics and CellMapper
    T-Mobile still hasn't fixed the areas that they do not cover today, and... unless they're planning to 'build' new cell sites in some areas (they're not), this map is effectively a lie.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I hope there is a court case one day to stop over-reaching governments from interfering with people's property rights this way. Let the people decide, not the rulers.
    This is the people's choice. They don't want the towers added because of concerns of cancer and "EMF Radiation" (Remember that joke of a thread? I need a UMTS only sim card! Ha)

I'd hardly call it an overreach of government. An over reach would be forcing these people to put cells up on their property.

What's worse is my city's laws. They're absolutely nuts.

Here's an article about it. AT&T is so lucky they got their cells when they did:

http://duluthreader.com/articles/201...ou_hear_me_now

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    I had discussions with people that where vehement that cell phones and cell towers are cancerigene. But they happily heat their food in microwave owens and... God forbid to cut off their WiFi signal!
    It's like a religious belief.

Feedback Score
    Just having LTE coverage in an area does not mean it's USEABLE LTE coverage. I really like T-Mobile and want them to succeed. The problem I am finding is that the 700Mhz band (band 12) is now becoming overloaded due to it's limited bandwidth. There are a lot of areas where there is only band 12 available due to the short range of band 4 and somewhat band 2. My house and some areas I have been to are perfect examples of this. When you get band 12 only, the speeds are atrocious. Unless there is band 4 and or band 2 available for CA, then band 12 alone is almost useless.
    T-Mobile is hitting a spectrum crunch and also needs to densify their band 4. I'm getting tired of getting pockets of useless band 12 and then a block away getting 70Mb/s when you get CA or are in a solid band 4 area.
    Come on T-Mobile.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    Yes.

I just looked at it for the first time, and tried to zoom an area I know the phone drops to no service. It's all magenta there. You cannot zoom this map in far enough.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I had discussions with people that where vehement that cell phones and cell towers are cancerigene.
    It's not ionizing radiation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    This is the people's choice. They don't want the towers added because of concerns of cancer and "EMF Radiation" (Remember that joke of a thread? I need a UMTS only sim card! Ha)

I'd hardly call it an overreach of government. An over reach would be forcing these people to put cells up on their property.

What's worse is my city's laws. They're absolutely nuts.

Here's an article about it. AT&T is so lucky they got their cells when they did:

http://duluthreader.com/articles/201...ou_hear_me_now
    That's the government's choice, not the people's. If someone wants a cell tower on their own land, it is not the government's business.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    I had discussions with people that where vehement that cell phones and cell towers are cancerigene. But they happily heat their food in microwave owens and... God forbid to cut off their WiFi signal!
    It's like a religious belief.
    I know someone with an irrational phobia of microwave ovens, but DOES use cell phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    That's the government's choice, not the people's. If someone wants a cell tower on their own land, it is not the government's business.
    By definition, it is their business. That is their jurisdiction. If you don't like it, don't buy land in that jurisdiction in the first place. There's plenty of land in this country where you can build all of the towers you want and nobody will say anything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Looking around some areas I've visited recently, I can assure everyone that T-Mobile's maps are highly exaggerated.
    I still miss the old tmobile maps that were at least more 'honest' b/c they had good/better/best color variations. Not a fan of this all one color, to give the false impression that people will have LTE everywhere the one color is...

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The old maps are still there... You have to find it through the FAQ on the new map

Sent from my XT1575 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Good find. Regardless of how accurate it is, it's the first carrier map I've seen that is "fun" to use.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast