Thread: Rogers Data Speeds Not on Network

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score

Rogers Data Speeds Not on Network

I was looking at the Rogers site and it appears that data speeds for their wireless services have all been removed from the site. Does this mean they are admitting their network is not as good as the competitor's? Or am I just looking at the wrong places?
    Bell SK+fongo:
    $85 Unlimited NA, NA text, US Roaming, 15GB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Yep. That's exactly what they are doing. They just didn't want to put a large banner that says "We are inferior", so this is a subtle way of doing it.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    Rogers is still a very good network where I am located(Rural Ontario) But I would love travel across Canada to compare and see what it is like relative to bellus. I have an old Fido plan that does not have extended network access, and I would still rate rogers network as good.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_2258 View Post
    Rogers is still a very good network where I am located(Rural Ontario) But I would love travel across Canada to compare and see what it is like relative to bellus. I have an old Fido plan that does not have extended network access, and I would still rate rogers network as good.
    In Edmonton its just as bad as bellus. Speeds of 10-30 Mbps. Since this is telus territory, the telus towers are usually overloaded and comes to a crawl in the evenings. The Rogers towers at least dont do that but on average speeds are a tad bit slower than bellus.

Device(s)
    One Plus One (Virgin), iPhone 5c (Mobi)
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin > Fongo, Chatrlicity
    Feedback Score
    OMG, this is what I get for writing a post late. The data speeds are not shown on their website any more. In the past it would say speeds up to 21mbps or whatever. Has anyone found any reference to expected speed on their site now?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    In Edmonton its just as bad as bellus. Speeds of 10-30 Mbps. Since this is telus territory, the telus towers are usually overloaded and comes to a crawl in the evenings. The Rogers towers at least dont do that but on average speeds are a tad bit slower than bellus.
    I would disagree with this. I just switched from Rogers to Bell (and kept the same iphone 7 Plus). I can confidently say that both DL and UL speeds are higher on Bell. I did some Speedtest that were consistently in the 50-70 range DL. Coverage within the city is also better on Bell. Rogers roaming is also a joke. A Koodo iPhone 6 had coverage in and around the Banff area, whereas the Rogers phone would not pick up any signal.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    If Rogers actually tried even a little bit more, they could have quite a fast network. They have tons of spectrum, the problem is that they have 2x CA at best, and it's barely deployed anywhere, and they still use microwave backhaul for a lot of urban towers. I wonder if they'll put in a bit more effort (capital) for network improvements with Natale.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Last story I heard was from back in 2015 where they said they support up to 225 Mbps. (The story says 300, but Rogers clarified at the bottom of the article.)
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/01/26/ro...-lte-advanced/