Thread: Prepaid phones

Feedback Score

Prepaid phones

I think this is the best play to ask. If this is the wrong forum. then move it to the right forum. But i'm new here and need some questions answer.

What is some of the best prepaid phones where i do not have to get a contract.

Today my brother bought me a cellphone. Something simlair to this one. I only need it for any emergency at work if i need to get a whole of my parents. But i thinking of maybe in a month getting a prepaid one that can play my songs on it from my itunes and maybe some apps on it. But i looking at a cheap prepaid one.

to the one my parents has. it a cellphone that maybe sent talk, text and take pictures. Nothing like the big time.

Device(s)
    Nokia 2720
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >Prepaid phones

>What is some of the best prepaid phones where i do not have to get a contract.

If you read the rest of this forum, you'll find threads on "best prepaid for seniors, children, Canadians and Wisconsin," among others.
    The only real mistake is getting a 2G phone - because AT&T abandoned 2G in December 2016 - and part of the marketplace will not be available to you.

Get a $10 phone ; get a $10 or less prepaid service.

Regards, FJ

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Gophers Fan, welcome to Howard Forums.

We'll need a bit more information in order to answer your questions. It sounds from your post that your brother purchased a phone for you. What kind of phone? What network does it use? Do you want to keep that phone or get a different phone?

As far as a contract is concerned, none of the prepaid services require a contract.

I agree with Frontierjustice, the answers to your questions are probably already in one of the threads on this General Prepaid forum.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    Can we get this one closed. As i no longer in the market for one. I going a different way and instead looking into a ipod touch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers fan View Post
    Can we get this one closed. As i no longer in the market for one. I going a different way and instead looking into a ipod touch.
    Any cellphone can be used like an iPod touch over Wifi. There are some ok new cellphones in the $30 range. That is a whole lot less than the cost of an iPod.

I have a ZTE Maven, an Alcatel Ideal, and a LG Phoenix 2. These were all $30 GoPhones, though the Phoenix is now $50-$60. All of these are a lot better than an iPod.

I wouldn't go as low as an $10 LG Sunrise. That is a real piece of junk.

Device(s)
    iphones se
    Carrier(s)
    Free year sprint and truphone/att
    Feedback Score
    Metropcs has worked their way down from paying $100 for a phone to just giving one.. I mean this is tmobiles network after all.. so you can see why they had to do it? Usually you have to pay metropcs/tmobile for a month of service.. so you real price out the door I think is like there lowest plan at $35 a month or so..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers fan View Post
    iPod touch is a good option if you want to pay exactly zero for service. Install Google Hangouts. Get a free Google Voice phone number for free unlimited talk and text. As long as you're on WiFi you basically have a phone. And your iPod works seamlessly with your iTunes. When you're away from WiFi, your calls go to voicemail and your texts are queued and waiting.

Feedback Score
    Update on this. I got myself a ipod touch last week. So work out great for me.