Thread: Can't get MMS after Windows 10 upgrade on 640

Feedback Score

Can't get MMS after Windows 10 upgrade on 640

Hello again! I'm making a separate post for this just to make sure it doesn't get missed by anyone who may be willing and able to help. I had upgraded by 640 to Windows 10 and, after straightening out some other problems I talked about in my other thread, I suddenly am unable to send or receive MMS.

I tried deleting my outlook account, resetting the phone, and then adding in back the account--still didn't work. Not sure this is related, but a couple of days ago my sign in to my computer demanded to be synched to my microsoft password. I tried going through the sequence of entering a "fake" apn and switching to that and then back to fix the problem. Didn't work. I called Airvoice, and they sent me the settings, which I changed; still doesn't work. Soon I am going to try going back to 8.1 to see if that works...unless anyone has any other ideas? Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks~

Feedback Score
    Problem fixed! I did have a type in my settings. I feel really stupid but Airvoice truly rocks. I had gone through my settings very carefully (or so I thought), but had typed mnvo (as I am so used to seeing it here) instead of mvno. On a positive note, all that grief did make me downgrade back to 8.1, which I am very happy about.

SnowyWhite, if you're reading this I still may check out the phone you suggested as I would like to see what something else is like and will be buying phones for my kids by the fall.

Feedback Score
    I'm glad that you got it to work for you!

The Phoenix 2 is a pretty good phone too.
    I got mine from Best Buy on Black Friday.
    If you check out some threads on the Tracfone subforum you will see that a lot of people here have the Phoenix 2 and really like it.
    Very capable phone for $50 and under. The Black Friday deal is one where I wish I had gotten 2 of them. Good to have a backup.

But I really really do love Windows Phone even more.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    SnowyWhite, curious what you use the different phones for. Not trying to pry, just trying to decide if I should buy the LG Phoenix 2 while it's on sale.

Feedback Score
    Oh it's weird.
    And it is somewhat common here on HoFo.

My 2 most recent lines are because of the Family Dollar Tracfone and Net10 deals on SIM kits that may have been a mistake in pricing.

My Truphone line is because of the extreme longevity of the expiration date and I'm a goof who likes that kind of thing.

My 4 T-Mobile lines just built up over time.
    Gold Rewards lets you top up once a year with a $10 refill and the accounts roll over for another year.
    I going to try to have T-Mobile consolidate my 4 accounts into 1 by combining my balances on 1 line.

I'm currently using the Phoenix 2 on Net10 running T-Mobile and enjoying it very much.
    When the Net10 line expires in May I'm going to switch my Tracfone line to it.

I love Windows Phone but there are times when I need to use Android.

Plus most of my posts here are from the Phoenix 2 because something happened with the Windows HoFo app and it only works on some of my Windows phones.

The HoFo app works best on my Phoenix 2

Feedback Score
    Thanks, probably getting a little off topic, but just one more question! Have you compared the Phoenix 2 to the Moto 4 Play at all? The specs seem similar, with the moto about twice the price but still affordable and completely unlocked. I am mostly in search for phones I could use for a good while for my kids, but don't plan to start them on the phones until the fall, so not sure if I should hold off or snatch a good deal now. I am thinking I will just get them the $20 Airvoice unlimited talk and text like I have. I don't want to deal with them running out of time if they need to call/text someone.

thanks!

Feedback Score
    Black Friday is almost always a good time to get new phones.
    I paid $29.99 for my Phoenix 2 from Best Buy.
    If you can wait until then to get new phones that's the best time to do it.

I have looked at the specs on the Moto and liked what I saw but I just don't like spending that kind of money on a phone.
    I'm a collector really and don't usually use a phone long term because I like to switch them around.

Unlocking AT&T GoPhones is free and very easy to do via AT&Ts non customer unlock portal.
    I just unlocked an ancient flip phone this week that I came across in my big bin of phones.
    Nokia 6350. Very nice little flip phone too.
    I was surprized that they sent me the unlock code for it but it arrived in my email Monday morning after I requested the unlock code late Saturday.