Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: ZTE Mobley USB Tethering ASUS Router and probably others!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    Easy way to test: take same device, <22GB sim, same band, same time, same location, and test! that removes most of the variables.

have you tried different bands?

have you tried different devices on different plans?

you can probably narrow down weather its an overloaded band, cell tower backhaul, depriorization, etc
    I called AT&T. I told them of the issues I’m having. I asked if there was any tower work going on. They told me they are in fact upgrading a tower near where I live. I hope they aren’t just blowing smoke. But all the FirstNet work going on I’m crossing my fingers. I’m getting great speeds on the east side of town where I work.

Feedback Score
    My data speeds very seldom top 2 mb down and 1 mb up. Yet, I'm able to stream HD video and/or do any other thing I need to do on it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    what is the take away from that?

Feedback Score
    It's common courtesy when posting a link to give at least a short summary of what the link is about so I don't waste my time reading a link I care nothing about. Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    It's common courtesy when posting a link to give at least a short summary of what the link is about so I don't waste my time reading a link I care nothing about. Thanks.
    I'm sorry. I was leaving for work. I guess I was being rude by posting that without having the time to post the accompanying commentary. Please accept my apologies.

What I get from that post is to me it seems AT&T is again starting to follow in Verizon foot steps. They appear to me to be getting more strict with all of it's data plans/enforcement's. To this point they've been fairly light handed. If you read the 3 links further down they are different threads about Blazing Hogs data reseller getting their plans now capped at 100GB of data. Some of it's users were using 1TB plus per month. That will no longer be happening.

Personally my speeds at my house today actually went back up the 20MB's down again. Whereas I had been getting 2-10MB the last week or so. So hopefully that was just tower upgrades.

There are the rumors about the AT&T iPad plan going up another $5 per month after a $5 increase I believe in April.

It seems like there are more random posts about issues with the iPad plan itself also.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I'm sorry. I was leaving for work. I guess I was being rude by posting that without having the time to post the accompanying commentary. Please accept my apologies.

What I get from that post is to me it seems AT&T is again starting to follow in Verizon foot steps. They appear to me to be getting more strict with all of it's data plans/enforcement's. To this point they've been fairly light handed. If you read the 3 links further down they are different threads about Blazing Hogs data reseller getting their plans now capped at 100GB of data. Some of it's users were using 1TB plus per month. That will no longer be happening.

Personally my speeds at my house today actually went back up the 20MB's down again. Whereas I had been getting 2-10MB the last week or so. So hopefully that was just tower upgrades.

There are the rumors about the AT&T iPad plan going up another $5 per month after a $5 increase I believe in April.

It seems like there are more random posts about issues with the iPad plan itself also.
    I dont see how any of that is relevant. We are not talking about a reseller here.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It might not be heat related... might simply be usage during peak time... afternoon is considered peak time... AT&T seems to be having some cell tower capacity issues all over the North East. I dont know if its back-haul related, bands overloaded, etc. Have you tried different bands?
    I dont see how any of that is relevant. We are not talking about a reseller here.

The first quote is talking about seeing slower speeds than usual. The main story also discusses a user seeing slow downs that are unusual. Evidence is presented that AT&T is becoming more strict with it's data plans. To me it seems relevant to the discussion. Again - sorry if you don't agree with me. But you don't have to.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    The first quote is talking about seeing slower speeds than usual. The main story also discusses a user seeing slow downs that are unusual. Evidence is presented that AT&T is becoming more strict with it's data plans. To me it seems relevant to the discussion. Again - sorry if you don't agree with me. But you don't have to.
    still dont follow

the user provided no solid evidence of anything, there is especially no evidence that "AT&T is becoming more strict with its data plans"

we dont know if its a busy band, cell tower back haul issue, deprioritization, or something else

all we have is a random report of someone that is experiencing slow downs

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35