View Poll Results: Does NAME DISPLAY work for you?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, (with a Nexus Pure Google Device)

0 0%
  • Yes, with a Branded / Rogers Device

0 0%
  • No, (with a Nexus Pure Google Device)

0 0%
  • No, with a Branded / Rogers device

0 0%

Thread: Name Display suddenly working on nexus / pure google?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Name Display suddenly working on nexus / pure google?

This whole time I thought this was an android problem, all of the sudden my NameID is working after an account change.

To test this, you have to receive a call from a landline or another rogers customer (NOT in your contacts), and you have to disable google's reverse lookup feature ( Phone, ... menu , Settings, phone number lookup , Reverse Lookup (disabled))

Man. It works perfectly. The outgoing name ID I set on my VoIP phone is instantly available and seen on my android phone!
    Last edited by cloneman; 03-18-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    This whole time I thought this was an android problem, all of the sudden my NameID is working after an account change.

To test this, you have to receive a call from a landline or another rogers customer (NOT in your contacts), and you have to disable google's reverse lookup feature ( Phone, ... menu , Settings, phone number lookup , Reverse Lookup (disabled))

Man. It works perfectly. The outgoing name ID I set on my VoIP phone is instantly available and seen on my android phone!
    sounds to me like it was working all along, and the only thing you did was an "account change" which I know for sure a lot of the new plans do NOT include call name display, you have to add it on with a value pack, only select plans include it, such as corporate, promo, bonus, employee and grandfathered. nothing new here.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That's actually completely ridiculous. Name Display is a feature no one even knows about, it has no competitors and they don't even advertise it. I don't think they even charge for it.

Why they wouldn't include it for all their post-paid customers who have call display is beyond me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneman View Post
    That's actually completely ridiculous. Name Display is a feature no one even knows about, it has no competitors and they don't even advertise it. I don't think they even charge for it.

Why they wouldn't include it for all their post-paid customers who have call display is beyond me.
    Your forgetting something, it's ROGERS were talking about, they want you to PAY MORE for this, so THEY can MAKE MORE MONEY FROM YOU. that should explain everything.

My old plan had name display, when i changed to a plan to save money, they reduced some of my features and took away name display, go figure