Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lost contacts, calendar, old phone and text records after windows 10 update on 640

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 640, Motorola Moto E4
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I've got it on mine but never have used it. Might try going to Settings then choose Update and Security and see if their are any updates that will fix it.

If that doesn't work try going to the Store and choose the three horizontal lines at the upper left then choose download and updates and let it check for any app updates.

And if those don't work try uninstall and reinstall.

Feedback Score
    Okay, now I am really frustrated. Things were working well enough, and then today my MMS is not working. I tried deleting my outlook account, resetting the phone, and then adding in back the account--still didn't work. Not sure this is related, but a couple of days ago my sign in to my computer demanded to be synched to my microsoft password. Not sure if that is what started this problem. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I think it may be that my apn settings were wiped out, so I'll call airvoice tomorrow to try that.

Feedback Score
    May be some usefull information over at Windows Central website. If it is possible that would probably be the best place to get information on how to do it. Good luck !

Feedback Score
    I upgraded my 640 to Windows 10, that was painless. However, I lost all my old texts and contacts. I'm not a tech person, but I figured out how to get my contacts back. (they were synced to my laptop, which I didn't even know! LOL). Now, just trying to get back all my texts messages. Any ideas?
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post
    I upgraded my 640 to Windows 10, that was painless. However, I lost all my old texts and contacts. I'm not a tech person, but I figured out how to get my contacts back. (they were synced to my laptop, which I didn't even know! LOL). Now, just trying to get back all my texts messages. Any ideas?

Sorry, I can't help. I did lose all of my texts. Same like you the contacts and even my calendar events came back, but I never got the texts back. Good luck.

Device(s)
    Mi Mix 2, Samsung Galaxy A50, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Unless you specifically backed up your texts, I am not sure you can get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotex21 View Post

Feedback Score
    Oh brother, now I have another issue, my phone isn't connecting to wifi. It connected with no issues before, now it won't connect. It shows the open networks, but it won't connect to them. Any ideas on this one? I'm beginning to think Windows 10 was a bad idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2