Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358 408 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 6870

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Wanted to start her, but if not appropriate, could some one point me to the right place?

I’ve been using the mobley plan since it first came out. I purchased them from Best Buy then over the summer switched from Zte velocity 2 to netgear m1.

Recently ATT put a new tower under a mile from my home, which is pretty rural and farm land.

On my iPhone XS I’m consistently getting 150+ on speed tests

I have two Mobley sims each in a netgear m1 (mr1100-2a1nas with bc/b14). I’ve tested both sims and routers and I’m only hitting 30 on speed tests.

I maybe hit 40-50gb max per month on each modem. I’ve tried different days and different times.

Why am I hitting higher on the iPhone? Any suggestions?

TIA

Feedback Score
    I have had the same problem with the Netgear M1 and a USB800 modem and different sims. The M1 would only do 45-50 down using B2 but when I upgraded to the USB800 now on the same tower hitting 130 plus. Still on B2.

Feedback Score
    No more unlimited from ATT for this plan all plans terminate on sign in date .

https://www.airstream.com/blog/an-up...tt-data-plans/

Could the connect car be next?

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garry1p View Post
    No more unlimited from ATT for this plan all plans terminate on sign in date .

https://www.airstream.com/blog/an-up...tt-data-plans/

Could the connect car be next?
    Hope not. I use my connected car sim card in a vintage AT&T Liberate mifi device since my Mobley bit the dust a few years ago. No home wired broadband because rural area and far from street...cable company once gave us an unsolicited quote for installation that was absurdly high. Mifi feeds my cell phone and my laptops at home and when traveling, but don't use an excessive amount of data so AT&T has never complained and never throttled me

If they hike up the rates for the Mobley postpaid plan, I would just cancel and use alternatives. My Mint/Tmo plan is $25 for 12 GB high speed data plus I have a Karma/Sprint device that has about 40 GB of non expiring lte data on it (open guest ports on it give me bonus data when someone signs on). Another alternative I am considering would be the Visible/Verizon $25 party plan that allows unlimited hotspot data with some reasonable caveats.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    AT&T hasn't said anything on the Mobley bills yet so I think we're good for now. They usually put any plan changes and cancellations
    on the bill in News you can Use section. Not saying it can't happen in the future but I believe AT&Ts policy is normally to give a 60 day notice to consumers on all plan changes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    AT&T hasn't said anything on the Mobley bills yet so I think we're good for now. They usually put any plan changes and cancellations
    on the bill in News you can Use section. Not saying it can't happen in the future but I believe AT&Ts policy is normally to give a 60 day notice to consumers on all plan changes.
    Of the unlimited plans, I would think the Connected Car plans are safer because Att has contracts with automakers and the newer devices are actually verifying with data from obd making data abuse a little more difficult. The auto industry sells 15+ million vehicles a year. The RV market maybe n the 10s of thousands units.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings2510 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Of the unlimited plans, I would think the Connected Car plans are safer because Att has contracts with automakers and the newer devices are actually verifying with data from obd making data abuse a little more difficult. The auto industry sells 15+ million vehicles a year. The RV market maybe n the 10s of thousands units.
    Agree, the AT&T connected car vehicle listing seems to have the metered plans more for RVs....car makers seem to still have the unlimited plans available.

Wound up discontinuing my Mobley plan by phone today (won't actually close until the end of the billing period on Jan 5th). Just ported my Mint/T-Mo line to Visible/Verizon and received and activated the phone yesterday.

Had been using the Mobley for home use and for travel. Only Verizon and AT&T on the closest 2 towers to home and T-Mo didn't work very well indoors unless I put the phone on a window sill or used vowifi from the Mobley line. Consolidated the Mobley and Mint line into the Visible line and this cut my monthly cell costs in half. Granted there are a few caveats with Visible service, but it will work fine for what I need it for. Plus I have other cellular devices that don't have monthly fees that can supplement this (Karma/Sprint mifi, Piranha international sim roaming on AT&T, SkyRoam mifi)...plus InMarSat prepaid if I'm too far from cellular towers.

Feedback Score
    "Wound up discontinuing my Mobley plan by phone today (won't actually close until the end of the billing period on Jan 5th). "Also

Wow. I am sure there are going to be some mighty sad folks that would have loved to take over the plan from you instead of cancellation. Me being one.😢

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    On vacation and needed to quickly do the Mint to Visible porting and Mobley cancellation before go back to work tomorrow. Thought of selling or giving away the Mobley plan/device but not worth it to me. Took an online chat and a few phone calls until I got the right person to kill the Mobley account.

Their is a Harman Spark plan now instead of the Mobley plan ($20 for the unlimited plan a month plus $80 for the device). Don't know if the sim card from a Harman can be used in another data device but other people on hofo might be able to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Licklog View Post
    "Wound up discontinuing my Mobley plan by phone today (won't actually close until the end of the billing period on Jan 5th). "Also

Wow. I am sure there are going to be some mighty sad folks that would have loved to take over the plan from you instead of cancellation. Me being one.
    Sent from my moto z4 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    On vacation and needed to quickly do the Mint to Visible porting and Mobley cancellation before go back to work tomorrow. Thought of selling or giving away the Mobley plan/device but not worth it to me. Took an online chat and a few phone calls until I got the right person to kill the Mobley account.

Their is a Harman Spark plan now instead of the Mobley plan ($20 for the unlimited plan a month plus $80 for the device). Don't know if the sim card from a Harman can be used in another data device but other people on hofo might be able to tell you.

I don't think you can do a TOBR on the Mobley lines anyway. The only way to do it would have been to let someone pay you to use it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I don't think you can do a TOBR on the Mobley lines anyway. The only way to do it would have been to let someone pay you to use it.
    Wouldn't have wanted to rent the Mobley line so it looks like I did the right thing killing the Mobley line....it served its purpose well.
    Interesting thing is both AT&T and Mint asked questions on why I discontinued service...which is smart from a marketing perspective.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, ZTE Mobley, ZTE Velocity
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I was offered a transfer on my Mobley plan when I called them about it, but the rep said that whoever assumed it would have to already have an AT&T account though.

He also said that he’d have to work with me and the other party on a conference call along with Loyalty to get it done, but it could be done he said.

Last but not least, the rep said that I should hold onto that plans as long as possible.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by overfedexed View Post
    I was offered a transfer on my Mobley plan when I called them about it, but the rep said that whoever assumed it would have to already have an AT&T account though.

He also said that he’d have to work with me and the other party on a conference call along with Loyalty to get it done, but it could be done he said.

Last but not least, the rep said that I should hold onto that plans as long as possible.

How long ago was that?

I just know that the people over at the Mobile Internet Resource Center are stating it cannot be transferred any longer. So that was what I was going by.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini, ZTE Mobley, ZTE Velocity
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, TMobile
    Feedback Score

Around Christmas

How long ago was that?

I just know that the people over at the Mobile Internet Resource Center are stating it cannot be transferred any longer. So that was what I was going by.
    The second time was around Christmas. He said that it would be tricky, but that it could be done. The rep also said that if the person already had AT&T that it would help. He would then go through Loyalty/Retention to get it done.

Feedback Score
    I found this one on ebay. Maybe anyone wants to buy a cheap At&t Global Modem USB800 for 40 bucks only and rarely see someone selling it this cheap. It’s 180 bucks on At&t website.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333482789822

Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358 408 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458