Page 448 of 451 FirstFirst ... 348 398 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 6762

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    weird, the current TOS I saw online for this plan did mention roaming in Mexico and Canada

I was asking earlier in the thread if someone had the original TOS so one could compare

Originally there was zero roaming so something changed and unless we all received updated TOS it perhaps only applies to new lines?
    Really? Interesting. I was indeed reporting the original ToS and if it has changed I'd like to see it. Do you have a link?

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Really? Interesting. I was indeed reporting the original ToS and if it has changed I'd like to see it. Do you have a link?
    i dont, it was a couple months ago, i believe most TOS are on AT&T's website

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i dont, it was a couple months ago, i believe most TOS are on AT&T's website
    Yeah, but it can be difficult to find the fine print for the special $20 CCU plan. I have to be very skeptical about AT&T allowing international service on this plan for only $20, plus everything I have seen in writing thus far indicates no international service, plus I've never seen any reports of anyone ever getting international service on the plan, plus there is no option on my plan to add international roaming service packs, etc. Maybe you could get AT&T per-megabyte roaming rates but those are so absurdly high as to be unusable.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    Yeah, but it can be difficult to find the fine print for the special $20 CCU plan. I have to be very skeptical about AT&T allowing international service on this plan for only $20, plus everything I have seen in writing thus far indicates no international service, plus I've never seen any reports of anyone ever getting international service on the plan, plus there is no option on my plan to add international roaming service packs, etc. Maybe you could get AT&T per-megabyte roaming rates but those are so absurdly high as to be unusable.
    again, i said canada and mexico, not international

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok, but still everything above applies. I'd love to believe that they are offering Canada/Mexico coverage on a $20 plan but I kinda doubt it. If so someone will post results eventually I guess.

Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone 7 Plus, Verizon Mifi, ZTE Mobley
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Uh, Canada and Mexico are separate countries--the definition of "international."

Even on phone plans, Canada/Mexico roaming isn't "included" with the base plan. The specific features of "Roam Mexico" or "Roam North America" or the like need to be added on to the plan. With many (most?) plans, those features are free (and often automatically added by the system), but they still need to be present to get free roaming in those countries.

Those features cannot be added to the CCU plan. Ergo, no free roaming in Canada and Mexico.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskanjackal View Post
    Uh, Canada and Mexico are separate countries--the definition of "international."

Even on phone plans, Canada/Mexico roaming isn't "included" with the base plan. The specific features of "Roam Mexico" or "Roam North America" or the like need to be added on to the plan. With many (most?) plans, those features are free (and often automatically added by the system), but they still need to be present to get free roaming in those countries.

Those features cannot be added to the CCU plan. Ergo, no free roaming in Canada and Mexico.
    all coming from someone that said he was being throttled LOL

many of the carriers in the USA have a distinction between regular international roaming and roaming in Canada/Mexico

here is text from the current car connect plan "Geographic restrictions: Coverage & Service not avail. everywhere. Wi-Fi hotspot functionality not avail. outside of U.S., Canada & Mexico. Svc. in Canada & Mexico depends on avail. of unaffiliated carrier coverage."

the text that i found a couple months ago went into more detail and talked about excessive usage while roaming outside of the USA etc. the above may be relevant to only the harman spark. what i found previously was for the at&t unlimited car plan that the mobley was on. i searched my internet history and could not find the link at a quick glance. there were some previous posts discussing this subject though.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That term and condition is underneath the mobile share section.

Up at the top (first sentence) you get:

AT&T Connected Car Unlimited Plan: U.S. only.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you for the responses (and further discussion) to my question about roaming the Mobley and its $20 plan in Canada. And yes, the only reason I asked is not because I was crazy enough to think that there would be a chance that this plan has full international roaming included, but because if I login to my AT&T dashboard the plan is showing as 'Unlimited Data: Includes Rollover DataSM and Unlimited Talk & Text.', without any mention anywhere to it being a Connected Car Unit plan. This couples with the fact that as far as I have searched, all discussions about this type of plan are always pointing out that all of AT&T unlimited data plans by default include roaming in Canada and Mexico as well. So I thought, hmmm... maybe I'm *that* lucky.... but I guess this is too good to be true

Anyway, this is off topic, but anyone have any suggestion on what I could do to get data connection while in Canada? Will the unlimited iPad plan works (I probably should ask in its own thread)? I don't need to get anything super fast either (case in point: I've been ok with the Mobley). Ideally I would just activate a SIM card and then use the Mobley, which has been my trusty friend for more than two years. Traveled quite a bit with it, too, and it's been satisfactory for everyone in the family. This is the first time we're going to cross the border, though.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Mine says unlimited talk and text too.

I put it in a ZTE MF-288. It gets a ring tone.
    I tried to make a call.

Says my plan doesn't include calls.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Duplicate post ... Sorry

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Mine says unlimited talk and text too.

I put it in a ZTE MF-288. It gets a ring tone.
    I tried to make a call.

Says my plan doesn't include calls.
    The $20 CCU 'Mobley' plan = unlimited data but no voice service, no SMS service, and no international service. If we go on for ten more pages of discussion it will still be the same

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Likely only way to get calls in a phone with the mobley sim chip would be a VOIP service like TextNow, Skype or similar provider. YMMV
    Still a fantastic deal just for the data.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetKen View Post
    Likely only way to get calls in a phone with the mobley sim chip would be a VOIP service like TextNow, Skype or similar provider. YMMV
    Still a fantastic deal just for the data.
    Yes, VoIP (that's what VoLTE fundamentally is after all) works fine, or is maybe even superior over transnational carrier voice service since you can have to total control. The simplest solution is something like Skype or one of the packaged services, but if you don't mind learning a bit about setting up a SIP account there is endless flexibility in call routing. A good combo is voip.ms for a service provider, using the Acrobits Groundwire app on your phone. Under Android Oreo it even integrates with the native dialer so once you get it set up it's almost seamless.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In my travels, I was able to score another mobley NIB for cheap. Anyone been able to successfully start a new line in the past month. It looks like the last discussion was around may. Trying to decide if I should try it if its possible or just keep it for backup.

TIA

Page 448 of 451 FirstFirst ... 348 398 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 LastLast