Page 449 of 450 FirstFirst ... 349 399 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,735 of 6745

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Question about deprioritization.

I have two Mobley plans on the same user account, one in a nighthawk and one in a phone. The nighthawk uses much more than 22GB of data, the phone maybe 4GB a month. My speed on the nighthawk slows down to 2Mbps during primetime. I figured it was just a crowded tower. I switch to the phone, that is well under 22GB and it's speeds are 2Mbps too. Now if I switch the Nighthawk to band 14 I get 45+Mbps. So are both my Mobley accounts being deprioritized because the data useage of the nighthawk? I'm asking out of currocity, not as a complaint.

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe the Nighthawk is using a less congested band or has a much better antenna than the Mobley units.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    Maybe the Nighthawk is using a less congested band or has a much better antenna than the Mobley units.
    Yeah, I put it on band 14. Since band 14 is the First Responders band, maybe it doesn't get throttled? I guess it could be on a different cell tower when I switch to band 14. I'll have to check if my unlocked Boost G6Play gets band14. I can get cell tower info from it. I dont have anyother band 14 devices to check.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post

I have two Mobley plans on the same user account, one in a nighthawk and one in a phone. The nighthawk uses much more than 22GB of data, the phone maybe 4GB a month. My speed on the nighthawk slows down to 2Mbps during primetime. I figured it was just a crowded tower. I switch to the phone, that is well under 22GB and it's speeds are 2Mbps too. Now if I switch the Nighthawk to band 14 I get 45+Mbps. So are both my Mobley accounts being deprioritized because the data useage of the nighthawk? I'm asking out of currocity, not as a complaint.
    How do you switch the Nighthawk to Band 14?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    How do you switch the Nighthawk to Band 14?
    I second this question. Also, heck yes the Nighthawk has a better antenna than the Mobley. Even the Unite Explore does. Both are night and day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Well you are leaving out a critical piece of information...what band is the phone on? You should test the phone and nighthawk on the same band, same location, same time period, for a better comparison... heck test multiple bands to see if there is one that works better in your area and then lock to it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    havent been on the site for like 2 months....are new users still able to get the CC plan while using a hotspot?

i have a account but my brother wants one so im here getting updates

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    havent been on the site for like 2 months....are new users still able to get the CC plan while using a hotspot?

i have a account but my brother wants one so im here getting updates
    If you mean the $20 CCU 'Mobley' plan then at this time, generally no. There has been the occasional report of someone managing to persevere enough and find exactly the right person and circumstances to get a new unit on the plan (or so it's claimed at least), but even if possible don't expect an easy time of it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anyone know if there is a step by step tutorial on how to use a data only sim in a Verizon iPhone XS Max or Moto Z Play Droid? I'd like to try it out for a few months and I'm not really sure of all of the steps I need to take. I'm hoping to be able to keep my number by moving it to Google Voice.

TIA!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    test multiple bands to see if there is one that works better in your area and then lock to it.
    How does one "lock to" a band of choice?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well you are leaving out a critical piece of information...what band is the phone on? You should test the phone and nighthawk on the same band, same location, same time period, for a better comparison... heck test multiple bands to see if there is one that works better in your area and then lock to it.
    They were both on band 2. In my area ATT seems to push everything to band 2. Once in a bluemoon they will push band 30. Band 30 is even slower than bnd 2.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They were both on band 2. In my area ATT seems to push everything to band 2. Once in a bluemoon they will push band 30. Band 30 is even slower than bnd 2.
    Well then that might confirm band 2 is overloaded in your area (or just at that moment) or not as good signal. What was the signal? Do you know if it was perhaps connecting to a different cell tower on 2 v 14? I wish my devices were capable of band 14.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    How does one "lock to" a band of choice?
    some devices allow you to select bands. some you have to use a secret menu. some you need to root/"hack"

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    some devices allow you to select bands. some you have to use a secret menu. some you need to root/"hack"
    Thanks........

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They are different towers but signal strength is about the same. Just did speedtest at 330pm on a Saturday. Band2 was about 3Mbps and Band 14 is 35Mbps.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 449 of 450 FirstFirst ... 349 399 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 LastLast