Page 422 of 460 FirstFirst ... 322 372 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 6897

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    It was always felt that AT&T would take action at some point with all the public postings about workarounds from the devices intended purpose, some claiming they were downloading 1TB of data a month. Apparently AT&T has figured out how to tame some of the Torrent Trubadors from running their networks via the Mobley device. I guess it was good while it lasted but not too hard to understand why AT&T took action.
    There is no evidence that AT&T is taking action unless I am missing something?

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    There is no evidence that AT&T is taking action unless I am missing something?
    The sim locking to the Mobley and no connectivity for nighthawks(other thread), and what the lengthy paragraph stated is indicative that there will be the further pursuit of cracking down on mobley sims in other devices. Just a matter of logistics, of when the updates get pushed to these plans. I'm sure this will vary in a regional manner.
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    Slumbermican85 should have asked att to show where it was against tos.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    The sim locking to the Mobley and no connectivity for nighthawks(other thread), and what the lengthy paragraph stated is indicative that there will be the further pursuit of cracking down on mobley sims in other devices. Just a matter of logistics, of when the updates get pushed to these plans. I'm sure this will vary in a regional manner.
    damn didnt see other thread.

Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    ... We would have more reports here if mobley lines stopped working in nighthawks.
    Well it looks like we are getting those reports now. As a previous poster said there is a separate thread on this: https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-Hotspot/page3

Edit: Woops was posting this while mysterym posted his above. Did not see it before I posted.

Feedback Score
    damn didnt see other thread.

Yeah, very concerning. I’ll keep on trucking with my Nighthawk while it works. I’m hoping that as long as you keep it outside the mobley, it won’t lock with a PIN.

Seems like ATT blindsided everyone with this SIM locking nonsense.

Feedback Score
    I feel like AT&T is trying to keep the honest people honest by SIM locking the device to the ZTE Mobley. AT&T knows when this device dies, these customers will try to put the SIM into another device. When they call into Care, Care will look into the plan details and say this plan is no longer offered and no other devices sold by AT&T are compatible with this specific plan. Many customers will give up at this point and cancel the line.

For the smart consumer, when the Mobley dies, call into Care and say the Mobley is asking for a SIM lock code since the SIM is locked to the device after trying another device to verify the Mobley's unforeseen death. When Care provides the SIM lock code, enjoy the plan on any AT&T hotspot device. But, to be extra careful, I would use any device NOT sold by AT&T and if the device is blocked in the future, state the device is an unbranded vehicle hotspot sold on Amazon (eBay, Alibaba, etc) since AT&T stopped selling vehicle hotspots compatible with this plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I feel like AT&T is trying to keep the honest people honest by SIM locking the device to the ZTE Mobley. AT&T knows when this device dies, these customers will try to put the SIM into another device. When they call into Care, Care will look into the plan details and say this plan is no longer offered. Many customers will give up at this point and cancel the line.

For the smart consumer, when the Mobley dies, call into Care and say the Mobley is asking for a SIM lock code since the SIM is locked to the device after trying another device to verify the Mobley's unforeseen death. When Care provides the SIM lock code, enjoy the plan on any AT&T hotspot device. But, to be extra careful, I would use any device NOT sold by AT&T and if the device is blocked in the future, state the device is an unbranded vehicle hotspot sold on Amazon (eBay, Alibaba, etc) since AT&T stopped selling vehicle hotspots compatible with this plan.
    Which is why I have a spare $70 Mobley I got from Best Buy before they sold out. Wish I would have activated it as a second device originally, but it will be my backup.

Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    ... no other devices sold by AT&T are compatible with this specific plan.
    Actually there is a device. Anyone who's Mobely fails may be offered the Harmon Spark as a replacement. As far as I can tell, it essentially is a direct replacement for what the Mobely was marketed for (not how the Mobely was used). The Spark (a vehicle hotspot) is compatible with the current $20 CC unlimited plan (same plan s the Mobley). ATT's argument might be go with the Spark and the current $20 CC unlimited plan which would provide the same unlimited data at the same price on a comparable device (plug in vehicle hotspot).

Wait a minute...is the spark plan $30? I forget.

...state the device is an unbranded vehicle hotspot sold on Amazon (eBay, Alibaba, etc) since AT&T stopped selling vehicle hotspots compatible with this plan..
    May not work with the Spark being sold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMT View Post
    Actually there is a device. Anyone who's Mobely fails may be offered the Harmon Spark as a replacement. As far as I can tell, it essentially is a direct replacement for what the Mobely was marketed for (not how the Mobely was used). The Spark (a vehicle hotspot) is compatible with the current $20 CC unlimited plan (same plan s the Mobley).
    You have confirmed this with ATT?

Also, I highly doubt most would take that device since it logs data. I have no interest in a for-profit company data mining.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMT View Post
    Actually there is a device. Anyone who's Mobely fails may be offered the Harmon Spark as a replacement. As far as I can tell, it essentially is a direct replacement for what the Mobely was marketed for (not how the Mobely was used). The Spark (a vehicle hotspot) is compatible with the current $20 CC unlimited plan (same plan s the Mobley).
    There is zero information showing a failed mobley would be replaced by a harmon spark.

Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    You have confirmed this with ATT?
    Of course not, any more than I confirmed that no other devices are compatible with the Mobely plan. I was simply stating that there may be multiple possibilities around the Mobely device and plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Also, I highly doubt most would take that device since it logs data. I have no interest in a for-profit company data mining.
    Oh I agree, I would not want it either. Again, I was just suggesting that it may not stop ATT from saying that is the replacement. We will have to see...

There is zero information showing a failed mobley would be replaced by a harmon spark.
    Very true. Simply a potential scenario. Until we know more, or get actual reports, people will have to judge for themselves the likelihood or not.

Feedback Score
    The original Mobley plan Terms and Conditions did not state the plan was only compatible with that specific device. The terms for the Mobley stated the plan could be used in "any eligible after market device" for use in an eligible vehicle. The plan was $20.

The new Harmon Spark plan specifically states "Harmon Spark In Vehicle Unlimited Wi-Fi Data." The plan Terms also state that the device is for in vehicle use only, Telematics information is required from the vehicle, and use outside a vehicle is expressly forbidden. None of these requirements (except an eligible vehicle) were disclosed in the original Mobley plan. And this plan is $30 per month.

AT&T stated to me the Mobley plan is not compatible with the Harmon Spark since the plan includes Telematics monitoring and the Mobley plan did not. The only way to keep this plan is to find an eligible after market device (any hotspot) or transfer the plan to a vehicle embedded SIM (which is still $20 on the website as of today).

AT&T, in their own Terms and Conditions, state Mobile Hotspot plans can be SIM transferred to other Mobile Hotspot devices. The Mobley was a "dumb" hotspot device. The Harmon Spark device and plan is specifically a Harmon Spark device and plan. The language is spelled out crystal clear for the Harmon Spark, unlike the Mobley.

AT&T made a huge error when they released the Mobley and now they are starting to see their error. With the introduction of SIM locking the Mobley and the new Harmon Spark device and plan, AT&T is hoping most customers either cancel the Mobley plan or upgrade their plan for $10 more to get a "better" experience.

Feedback Score
    First, please learn to use punctuation and paragraphs.

Second, seems what happened to you was a one off thing and the rep changed your plan without permission. You can record calls yourself if legal or the other party says it is being recorded.

Third, its common knowledge that if you get another device such as a nighthawk, you dont want to upgrade on a mobley line or do anything with it as it relates to the mobley other than drop the sim in. You even admit you should not have given it to them. We would have more reports here if mobley lines stopped working in nighthawks. I am guessing it was an issue with your specific network tower, nighthawk, or LTE was having a brief outage.
    Thanks for the English lesson grandma.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    AT&T made a huge error when they released the Mobley and now they are starting to see their error.
    They made a huge error? Actually quite the opposite. They were touting all of the new subscribers in the corporate/financial filings... They knew what people were doing and planning. They will not want to loose lines. They could change pricing or put limitations in place they would keep most but may lose some.

Page 422 of 460 FirstFirst ... 322 372 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... LastLast