Page 447 of 448 FirstFirst ... 347 397 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 6716

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For a slightly different question, anybody knows for sure (and/or have personally tested) if this plan will work in Canada like the regular AT&T unlimited?

I may be driving over next month and will be around the greater Toronto area for about a week, and it would be great if I have my internet as usual while on the road.

Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone 7 Plus, Verizon Mifi, ZTE Mobley
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by newcronos View Post
    For a slightly different question, anybody knows for sure (and/or have personally tested) if this plan will work in Canada like the regular AT&T unlimited?

I may be driving over next month and will be around the greater Toronto area for about a week, and it would be great if I have my internet as usual while on the road.
    I have not explicitly tested it, but everything I can see when logged into my AT&T account indicates that international roaming is not included, and so I have been hesitant to turn roaming on, because I would rather not get a massive surprise on my next bill.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by alaskanjackal View Post
    I only have a single Mobley device, so I canít do an actual apples-to-apples comparison, but I have definitely noticed slowness on my Mobley. It tends to get worse when I travel from Ozark (low density) into Springfield, so it seems to be related to tower demand/load.

Interestingly, it still seems to happen even when Iím well below 22 GB for the month. And sometimes even my iPhone with native AT&T service seems to run a little slow, which Iíve reported via Mark the Spot several times and have gotten responses back that itís a known issue. (So for whatever reason, Springfield, MO seems to be having congestion issues on AT&T.)

I havenít made a scientific study of it, but quite frequently I get fed up with the slowness of the Mobley and end up turning Wi-Fi off so I can use native cell data on my iPhone to accomplish whatever Iím trying to do.
    OK, still not scientific, but definitely some evidence here. Does this look to anyone else like throttling is in play even though Iíve used nowhere near 22 GB this month?

The tests surrounded by the green brackets were ones I did this afternoon on the east side of Springfield, Missouri. The ones where I was connected to wifi were done through my Mobley. The one circled in red was over LTE.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What band is your hotspot connecting too and what band is you phone connecting too? In my area, if I connect to bands 12 or 30 I get much crappier speeds than bands 2 an 14. What is the signal strength? You can't really claim throttling without both devices being on the same band and having similar signal strength.

The Mobley is a POS! I don't think I used either of my 2 Mobley devices more than 10 minutes. You will have much better results with other hotspot devices or using an old rooted android phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    What band is your hotspot connecting too and what band is you phone connecting too? In my area, if I connect to bands 12 or 30 I get much crappier speeds than bands 2 an 14. What is the signal strength? You can't really claim throttling without both devices being on the same band and having similar signal strength.

The Mobley is a POS! I don't think I used either of my 2 Mobley devices more than 10 minutes. You will have much better results with other hotspot devices or using an old rooted android phone.
    Is there a way to tell what bands the Mobley is connecting to?

Unfortunately, I donít think I can tell which bands my phone is connecting to, either, since field test mode no longer works on the iPhone.

A better device sounds nice in theory, but the connected car plan doesnít work with other devices, and last I was keeping up with this thread, it sounded like attempting to switch to another device by swapping the SIM card resulted in AT&T suspending service.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    OK, still not scientific, but definitely some evidence here. Does this look to anyone else like throttling is in play even though I’ve used nowhere near 22 GB this month?

The tests surrounded by the green brackets were ones I did this afternoon on the east side of Springfield, Missouri. The ones where I was connected to wifi were done through my Mobley. The one circled in red was over LTE.

there is no throttling so no you are not getting throttled.

scroll up and read some posts

dont ask a question that has been asked recently it shows laziness
    Last edited by mysterym; 06-11-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is there a way to tell what bands the Mobley is connecting to?

Unfortunately, I donít think I can tell which bands my phone is connecting to, either, since field test mode no longer works on the iPhone.

A better device sounds nice in theory, but the connected car plan doesnít work with other devices, and last I was keeping up with this thread, it sounded like attempting to switch to another device by swapping the SIM card resulted in AT&T suspending service.
    Most of us havenít had our SIM cards in Mobleys since getting our plans. Weíve used 100ís of gbís of data each month for our home internet. I had mine in a Mofi for over a year. Right now itís in a M1 Nighthawk.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    The Mobley is an older generation device (without band 30, CA, etc.) so it will be limited compared to a more modern device, but whether that makes a difference or not depends on many factors. If you are in an urban area with multiple bands and lots of signal then a more capable device will probably provide much higher speeds, but if you are in an area where coverage is limited and CA and other factors don't come into play (such as at my vacation place) then the Mobley does about as well as anything else (and likely a lot better than an old rooted phone.) Just pointing this out because there's a tendency for people to claim that an upgraded device will magically triple your speed simply because it 'isn't a Mobley', but this isn't necessarily true. As always, it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    there is no throttling so no you are not getting throttled.
    Yep. But it's been an entire ten posts since this was pointed out so of course we need to go through all this again <sigh>.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    OK, still not scientific, but definitely some evidence here. Does this look to anyone else like throttling is in play even though Iíve used nowhere near 22 GB this month?

The tests surrounded by the green brackets were ones I did this afternoon on the east side of Springfield, Missouri. The ones where I was connected to wifi were done through my Mobley. The one circled in red was over LTE
    Comparing a mobley to an iPhone, nice.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Comparing a mobley to an iPhone, nice.
    An iPhone 7 Plus, which is older than the Mobley, but point taken from you and other replies, I guess. The band issue didnít occur to me.

Device(s)
    Doogee S90, Novatel Liberate, SkyRoam, Isatphone Pro, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T,T-Mo,Sprint,KoKo,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have not explicitly tested it, but everything I can see when logged into my AT&T account indicates that international roaming is not included, and so I have been hesitant to turn roaming on, because I would rather not get a massive surprise on my next bill.
    Likewise when I've been in Canada. Use SkyRoam 3g mifi data device and data passes. Device only fifty bucks on Amazon now. There is also a LTE hockey puck but it's a steep $150. Also use Mint/t-mo for voice/texts there, but not roaming Mint data since it's pricey.

Sent from my S90 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    An iPhone 7 Plus, which is older than the Mobley, but point taken from you and other replies, I guess. The band issue didnít occur to me.
    Do you another hotspot? Even a first generation Velocity will do better than a Mobley. A Unite Explorer will do even better and those can be picked up for cheap on eBay. Carrier aggregation makes a big difference.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The $20 CCU ('Mobley') plan does not allow for any international roaming. I think it is barred even if you turn on roaming in the device.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    The $20 CCU ('Mobley') plan does not allow for any international roaming. I think it is barred even if you turn on roaming in the device.
    weird, the current TOS I saw online for this plan did mention roaming in Mexico and Canada

I was asking earlier in the thread if someone had the original TOS so one could compare

Originally there was zero roaming so something changed and unless we all received updated TOS it perhaps only applies to new lines?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    I have this plan and was in the Caribbean a year or so ago. I did enable international roaming and I got nothing away from the United States.

Page 447 of 448 FirstFirst ... 347 397 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 LastLast