Page 420 of 425 FirstFirst ... 320 370 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 6372

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

  1. #6286
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    177
    Device(s)
    Imate K-Jam
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgwi View Post
    What do they have that would be the equivalent? I had actually looked at Cradlepoint routers, but the Mofi seemed like a better balance of cost vs features/performance.
    mysterym is absolutely correct that you can get the hardware much cheaper. That means the bare router, buy the internal modem card separately and combine them. You then have to use openWRT/ROOter as the software. OpenWRT/ROOter is good, and most consider it better than the older MOFI version of openWRT. But you can't build a MOFI. You can not flash their software/firmware on a generic router, even using the exact same hardware they use (people have tried).

    I have both a MOFI and an openWRT/ROOter based router. I currently use the MOFI for one reason only. Its adv band lock GUI is much easier, and faster, to use than the command line AT commands you have to use with openWRT/ROOter to switch bands. Now if you don't really need to switch band often, or at all, then I don't see much benefit in the MOFI over a cheaper openWRT/ROOter build on generic hardware.

    Oh, and from the hardware perspective, the MOFI is a WE826 router with a Sierra MC7455 modem.

  2. #6287
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    204
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PHMT View Post
    mysterym is absolutely correct that you can get the hardware much cheaper. That means the bare router, buy the internal modem card separately and combine them. You then have to use openWRT/ROOter as the software. OpenWRT/ROOter is good, and most consider it better than the older MOFI version of openWRT. But you can't build a MOFI. You can not flash their software/firmware on a generic router, even using the exact same hardware they use (people have tried).
    OK, that makes sense. But it's not ready to go out of the box. Some people can set it up, but it is not a solution for the vast majority of people.

  3. #6288
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    553
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgwi View Post
    OK, that makes sense. But it's not ready to go out of the box. Some people can set it up, but it is not a solution for the vast majority of people.
    That’s what I was thinking.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #6289
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is anyone have an spare $20 Mobley plan that can transfer to me? Please PM. Thanks much

  5. #6290
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    553
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglj1023 View Post
    Is anyone have an spare $20 Mobley plan that can transfer to me? Please PM. Thanks much
    This is not easy to do. You might look on eBay and take your chances.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6291
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    213
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglj1023 View Post
    Is anyone have an spare $20 Mobley plan that can transfer to me? Please PM. Thanks much
    It is no longer possible to transfer this plan. Try the prepaid iPad plan for $30.

  7. #6292
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    553
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    It is no longer possible to transfer this plan. Try the prepaid iPad plan for $30.
    Does the IPAD plan lock the SIM to the device under ATT? Is there HOTSPOT services available in that ? Or do you just have IPAD ability to screen share to a Apple TV device ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6293
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC/CT
    Posts
    871
    Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by offroad1994 View Post
    Does the IPAD plan lock the SIM to the device under ATT? Is there HOTSPOT services available in that ? Or do you just have IPAD ability to screen share to a Apple TV device ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check out the ipad thread

  9. #6294
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    204
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglj1023 View Post
    Is anyone have an spare $20 Mobley plan that can transfer to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    It is no longer possible to transfer this plan.
    I am soon moving away, and I have three of the Mobley plans. One of my colleagues is going to take them over, but we're not even going to try to transfer them. They are isolated in their own AT&T account, so basically I'll give him the login information, and he'll put his credit card in for payment.

    And yes, I trust him! The only risk I can think of is that he doesn't pay or that he abuses the account somehow, but I'm not worried about that.

  10. #6295
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,886
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Cross-posting this reply across the two threads. If your Mobley has sat idle, I would encourage you to only use a 12v power supply.

    My Mobley has been operational for over four days, and has not pulled down v1.0.3. My Mobley is on-file with AT&T and the IMEI is current and correct.

    I can only conclude this is due to my Mobley running at or slightly below 12V. My guess is ZTE realized that the only good time to upgrade a Mobley is when the voltage was above 12V, so as to ensure the engine was on.

    If the Mobley isn't exposed to >12V, it may decide it's never a good time to update, and simply not do so. Hence, using a 11.5-12.0V DC adapter may be the only way to "block" the update.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  11. #6296
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    421
    Device(s)
    Nexus1, formerly a G1
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    0
    My work Mobley got the update last week (Friday?) and shut itself off over the weekend. I realized I had no access to my Wyze cams monitoring the office. On Monday, a reboot of everything, and it's been up and running fine since. At home, my Mobley silently got the update, and has been running fine since. Home has a 12V to 120V AC/DC adapter, cigarette plug to OBD2 male I built much earlier in this thread. Work Mobley that shut off is the same cigarette adapter, but plugged into a Stanley Fat Max battery jumper, which is in turn plugged into AC to keep it charged, sort of a battery backup in case of power failure, if you will. It is likely closer to 12 volts than the AC adapter at home, but regardless both updated and both run fine despite the no time out setting, even after reboots. No drama, just the facts.

  12. #6297
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    It is no longer possible to transfer this plan. Try the prepaid iPad plan for $30.
    Thanks. I have the iPad $30 plan with Nighthawk, but I have a feeling that it's not going to last long.

  13. #6298
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tlgwi View Post
    I am soon moving away, and I have three of the Mobley plans. One of my colleagues is going to take them over, but we're not even going to try to transfer them. They are isolated in their own AT&T account, so basically I'll give him the login information, and he'll put his credit card in for payment.

    And yes, I trust him! The only risk I can think of is that he doesn't pay or that he abuses the account somehow, but I'm not worried about that.
    You colleagues needs 3 plans... Could I have one? I looked into the Reddit, one solution is to add an authorized user and then have the info changed to their info.

  14. #6299
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    389
    Device(s)
    BB 8530
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Cross-posting this reply across the two threads. If your Mobley has sat idle, I would encourage you to only use a 12v power supply.

    My Mobley has been operational for over four days, and has not pulled down v1.0.3. My Mobley is on-file with AT&T and the IMEI is current and correct.

    I can only conclude this is due to my Mobley running at or slightly below 12V. My guess is ZTE realized that the only good time to upgrade a Mobley is when the voltage was above 12V, so as to ensure the engine was on.

    If the Mobley isn't exposed to >12V, it may decide it's never a good time to update, and simply not do so. Hence, using a 11.5-12.0V DC adapter may be the only way to "block" the update.
    Interesting theory.
    There is also a theory that greater than 13.5ish volts means running, which means it won't turn off... So just stay away from 12-12.5v? Haha. Dunno.

    My theory (proven actually) is that a voltage ripple is good. Just a few mV of AC makes it stay on. Like an old transformer type wall wart instead of a nice switching type.

    Mine updated, as it was off one day. My thermostat told me repeatedly for 3/4 of the day. It's tethered. Restarted everything and haven't touched it. Haven't logged in. Nothing.. just reading all the sky is falling posts...

    Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

  15. #6300
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    Has anyone recently went to at&t and changed out the micro sim for a nano?
    Friend gave me their velocity 2 after they switched providers and would like to use it with the Mobley sim.

    Any suggestions? I just don’t want to go in and have them change the sim, but also screw the plan up as well. It’s our only source of internet in the booneys.

    TIA

Page 420 of 425 FirstFirst ... 320 370 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 09:31 PM
  2. AT&T unlimited international data
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 01:39 PM
  3. WTS AT&T Unlimited International & Domestic Plan
    By pfwarrior in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-19-2015, 09:39 AM
  4. Wts AT&T unlimited data plan
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 08:27 PM
  5. AT&T unlimited international data plan
    By PHANTOM310 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2015, 09:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks