Page 460 of 464 FirstFirst ... 360 410 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 6958

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I picked up one of the USB800's as well to test with an iPad plan.

Right now I'm using the plan with a micro sim card. I happen to have an 3/1 H20 sim card on hand. Does anyone happen to know if I can swap back and forth between a micro and nano sim card? Say after trying out the usb800 and it isn't that much better, can I put my service back on the micro sim to use in a 815S or M1? Or will I no longer be able to go back to the original micro sim card?
    Sorry mframe. I was testing mine with an iPad plan sim. I mentioned it in my quoted post above. Sorry for the confusion.

Feedback Score
    Are you still testing the USB800? How do you like it? I had a USB800 for about 4 months but went back to a Nighthawk M1. I was having problems with the internet "slowing down" for a few minutes every 15 minutes or so. Sounded like a DNS server problem that I never could get corrected.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman2 View Post
    Are you still testing the USB800? How do you like it? I had a USB800 for about 4 months but went back to a Nighthawk M1. I was having problems with the internet "slowing down" for a few minutes every 15 minutes or so. Sounded like a DNS server problem that I never could get corrected.
    Where I live the M1 gets better speeds overall out in the country. So no I don't use mine for much more than short term testing.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Sorry mframe. I was testing mine with an iPad plan sim. I mentioned it in my quoted post above. Sorry for the confusion.
    OK, but this thread is supposed to be about the Mobley plan. There is another thread for the iPad plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    OK, but this thread is supposed to be about the Mobley plan. There is another thread for the iPad plan.
    The USB800 was already being discussed here. That is why I specifically stated I had tested it but using an iPad sim. Just so no one got confused. I thought it was pretty clearly noted.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I don't see it for my Mobley account, either. Such an option does seem to be available for iPad accounts.
    Mobley is postpay. You have to contact customer service to change the SIM card number on postpay.

The Edit Device is for the session-based prepaid plan portal only.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score

Too late?

Hello all...

I live in a rural area with only DSL internet at ~3mbps. Recently installed a cell booster and am getting 10-20mbps on Verizon-based service. In limited testing using a Cricket SIM, I am reasonably confident that I'll get similar results with AT&T.

Is it too late to get onto this plan? In not, can someone recap what is needed to get started? There's a lot of content in this thread, and it's hard to tell what is current.

Based upon reading I've done, it sounds like I need an IMEI from a Mobley device. Once the SIM is activated, though, I should be able to swap it to a standard hotspot or LTE bridge. Is the Netgear M1 Nightgear still the best option? Don't really need the hotspot WiFi access and would prefer a hardwire option to the WAN side of my home firewall.

What is the best source of the Mobley device? Where can I purchase the SIM card? Are they still available from Best Buy? I have landline service through AT&T but no wireless service.

I appreciate your assistance.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avekevin View Post
    Hello all...

I live in a rural area with only DSL internet at ~3mbps. Recently installed a cell booster and am getting 10-20mbps on Verizon-based service. In limited testing using a Cricket SIM, I am reasonably confident that I'll get similar results with AT&T.

Is it too late to get onto this plan? In not, can someone recap what is needed to get started? There's a lot of content in this thread, and it's hard to tell what is current.

Based upon reading I've done, it sounds like I need an IMEI from a Mobley device. Once the SIM is activated, though, I should be able to swap it to a standard hotspot or LTE bridge. Is the Netgear M1 Nightgear still the best option? Don't really need the hotspot WiFi access and would prefer a hardwire option to the WAN side of my home firewall.

What is the best source of the Mobley device? Where can I purchase the SIM card? Are they still available from Best Buy? I have landline service through AT&T but no wireless service.

Yawn........

Feedback Score
    Occasionally someone posts that they have aquired a Mobley plan but for the
    most part it is dead. If you want to bang your head against the wall and be on the phone for hours with At&t in order to capture a unicorn, feel free. For God's sake please don't spend money on this quixotic adventure. Look into generating an imei. The first 8 numbers of a Mobley's IMEI are 86514202, find an imei generator for the rest or hit up Wikipedia and do the math for the check digit of the IMEI.

May the force be with you. He is not your father, Chewy is. Live long and prosper. Don't let the tribbles infest your gloryhole and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Occasionally someone posts that they have aquired a Mobley plan but for the
    most part it is dead. If you want to bang your head against the wall and be on the phone for hours with At&t in order to capture a unicorn, feel free. For God's sake please don't spend money on this quixotic adventure. Look into generating an imei. The first 8 numbers of a Mobley's IMEI are 86514202, find an imei generator for the rest or hit up Wikipedia and do the math for the check digit of the IMEI.

May the force be with you. He is not your father, Chewy is. Live long and prosper. Don't let the tribbles infest your gloryhole and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    Put down the bong...
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    Essential, StarTAC, Lots of mobile broadband
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    You are very late to this party. Your options on AT&T are very limited.

I would look at Visible running on Verizon. Use the official, one device tethering function to a WiFi as WAN router and use that to feed your LAN. 5Mbps though, but cheap and may work for you.

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avekevin View Post
    Hello all...

if T-Mobile works in your area they are rolling out home internet for $50/month unlimited
    https://www.t-mobile.com/isp/index

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else seeing much higher Pings now on Mobley plan? Ping used to be 25-40 normally. Now it's in the 200-350's. When I check with a line that is on a prepaid tablet plan, the Ping is down to 25-40 again.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Anyone else seeing much higher Pings now on Mobley plan? Ping used to be 25-40 normally. Now it's in the 200-350's. When I check with a line that is on a prepaid tablet plan, the Ping is down to 25-40 again.
    so many variables

are you connecting to the same cell tower?

same band?

hows signal look?

etc

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterym View Post
    so many variables

are you connecting to the same cell tower?

same band?

hows signal look?

etc
    No apparent changes. Speed are also the same. It's weird that ping is better with the prepaid tablet plan sim.

Page 460 of 464 FirstFirst ... 360 410 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 LastLast