Page 373 of 464 FirstFirst ... 273 323 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 423 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 6955

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LT.Son View Post
    OK, I was pointed here by a co-worker who's been using the Mobley as his family's internet for over a year now. I've read/skimmed this thread and the Asus router USB tethering thread.

I went to the local AT&T store and spoke to the manager. He said the $20 plan is still available and they will activate a Mobley if I brought one in, "If you can find one dude". He seemed to know what was up with someone wanting the Mobley instead of a hotspot....
    I'm pretty sure that the $20 Connected Car Unlimited plan is totally no longer available. IIRC, there is a $20 plan, but it is for something like 5 GB, not unlimited. Carrier store dudes frequently don't know much about arcane plans. I would get on the phone and talk to the Connected Car department and see what they have to say about activating a new CCU plan.

I have found my Mobley to be no where near reliable enough compared to cable to use for home Internet replacement. It is probably good enough for your project though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    How is your co worker using it as home internet like adapters, devices etc.
    The Mobley itself is limited to 5 devices connected to its Wifi. Its Wifi signal is weak compared to a real Wifi hotspot.

There are several ways around the Mobley limitations. The quickest and easiest is to setup another Wifi router as a repeater bridge. Then that Wifi router will use one connection to the Mobley and everything else can connect to the repeater bridge.

You can buy a better hotspot device and put the Mobley SIM in it. Some of the hotspot devices can connect to your network with Ethernet.

If you have a Wifi router that supports it, you can connect the Mobley to the Wifi router with a USB cable.

I personally have only tried the repeater bridge. It works ok to get the signal from the car to the house. It works even better with the Mobley AC powered in the house.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    OK, I was pointed here by a co-worker who's been using the Mobley as his family's internet for over a year now. I've read/skimmed this thread and the Asus router USB tethering thread.

I went to the local AT&T store and spoke to the manager. He said the $20 plan is still available and they will activate a Mobley if I brought one in, "If you can find one dude". He seemed to know what was up with someone wanting the Mobley instead of a hotspot.

I found them in stock at novotech.com for $159 + $45 shipping (ouch)
    I ordered the PeraltaProducts AC adaptor from Amazon for $23 (Used CC points actually so $0)

If everything works as planned (hoped) I'm going to hook this up at my in-law's property where they are (slowly) building their retirement house. I'll connect a couple wifi surveillance cameras. The property is well off the beaten path and the only internet options are satellite and mobile.

I had 3 bars LTE on my AT&T cell phone last time we were out there, and got 20 down 5 up from my phone.

If I run into problems with it becoming flaky after a day or 2 of always-on use I plan on plugging it into a timer and just have it turn off for a minute every day.

I'll report back with either a story of success or abysmal failure.
    signal on phone doesn't mean much for signal on a mobley. mobleys are older tech with less bands and no CA. i have found i get stuck on an overloaded band or have worse signals some times than someone with a new iphone on at&t standing right next to the mobley.

Feedback Score

I went to the local AT&T store and spoke to the manager. He said the $20 plan is still available and they will activate a Mobley if I brought one in, "If you can find one dude". He seemed to know what was up with someone wanting the Mobley instead of a hotspot.

I found them in stock at novotech.com for $159 + $45 shipping (ouch)
    I ordered the PeraltaProducts AC adaptor from Amazon for $23 (Used CC points actually so $0)

I'll report back with either a story of success or abysmal failure.
    Before you invest all this money, call the connected car dept as someone else suggested. You will be told that the plan is available but you’ll need a WiFi-compatible car to get it. Using a Mobley to activate this plan is long gone. Unfortunately you talked to a completely clueless store rep.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    I'm betting this is meant to be used with the new AT&T unlimited plans. It's meant to be read as "add this device to your unlimited plan for just $20" as per the additional line fees listed at https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

I'll agree that the way it's worded is not very clear. And I may be wrong. I would love to see what other people's experience with this is.

But I'm betting the $40 standalone unlimited plan is now gone, and it's been meshed into the the new AT&T unlimited plans. Meaning you could get this device and the unlimited plan for $90/mo (or $60/mo if you want to be limited to 3mbps) or add the Mobley to a multi-line unlimited and pay $145/mo (or $115/mo if limited to 3mbps) as your second device. Or add the Mobley for $20 more if you have more than 2 devices.

That's my guess. Makes sense that way.
    Its really good deal

Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

I want to try my Mobley as a primary home internet with a Nighthawk. Get pretty decent speeds via our phones. Currently we have Comcast for internet, they are the only game in town we live in Comcast country, Comcast home headquarters. I do understand that cable internet is better. But how much better? Looking to ditch Comcast and possibly get Direct TV.

Anyone have experience using Mobley internet with Play Station? While our son is on play station and I or my wife is on the internet on my phone? I do have 2 Mobley $20 unlimited plans. I wonder if it would be good to have a dedicated Mobley just for Play Station and the other for personal stuff. Getting around 30-40 pings on cellular vs 20 on cable. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

I'll report back with either a story of success or abysmal failure
    Did the manager tell you that the $20 UNLIMITED plan was still available for the Mobley?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpainter View Post
    Did the manager tell you that the $20 UNLIMITED plan was still available for the Mobley?
    Yes, I asked if the Connected Car plan was still available for $20. He said "Yes, we can still setup Connected Car accounts". I asked if it was unlimited, "He said it is completely unlimited". I asked about the ODB2 device for cars that don't have it built in, he said "We no longer carry it, but you can bring one in and we'll activate it... If you can find one dude..." This is where he gave me a look that caused me to think he knew what was up.

There was a kid that tried helping me when I entered the store, but he had no idea about the CC plan. The manager was standing right there and said he could still setup CC accounts. At the end of the exchange above the kid looked at the manager and said, "Unlimited data for $20? I work here and I pay more than that for an unlimited hotspot!", The manager said "Well, it's only for in-car wifi." He looked at me again and smiled like I was in on the joke.

I don't know the manager from Adam, but I believe HE believed it was still doable.

If you go to the Bring Your Own Phone page att.com/shop/wireless/byop.html
    Select OTHER as your device, ZTE as the brand, Select the Mobley and you can enter the IMEI number.

That's as far as I've gotten because the Mobley has not arrived yet.

If it does not allow me to activate it on the CC plan online, I'll take it into the store and work with that manager. If that doesn't work, I'll add it to my family unlimited plan for $20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    How is your co worker using it as home internet like adapters, devices etc.

He has a DDWRT flashed router in a hybrid Bridge/Router configuration. Bridging to the Mobley, but still using the router's dhcp. He said he got all the info from this forum.

I have an Asus router that will use the USB connected Mobley as the WAN connection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    Before you invest all this money, call the connected car dept as someone else suggested. You will be told that the plan is available but you’ll need a WiFi-compatible car to get it. Using a Mobley to activate this plan is long gone. Unfortunately you talked to a completely clueless store rep.
    att.com/plans/connected-car.html

They are still advertising it as unlimited (up to 22GB)

My co-worker said he called in a couple times to "complain" about videos constantly buffering. After getting a CSR that tried to be helpful he mentioned that "a previous tech" mentioned that if the problem persisted to call back and they would try enabling DSOFF mode to see if that helped. The tech did it and he says he has not been throttled since.

You can see back in this very thread that it has been done.
    howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!/page255

Even if it is throttled, it should be enough for my purposes. But I'm going to try anyway.

Feedback Score

My co-worker said he called in a couple times to "complain" about videos constantly buffering. After getting a CSR that tried to be helpful he mentioned that "a previous tech" mentioned that if the problem persisted to call back and they would try enabling DSOFF mode to see if that helped. The tech did it and he says he has not been throttled since.

howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!/page255

Even if it is throttled, it should be enough for my purposes. But I'm going to try anyway.
    Yea still available with built in WiFi. The stand alone Mobley unlimited isn’t available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Archegos View Post
    This. Even over a year ago when the Mobleys were big, the people in the ATT stores were completely clueless about Mobleys. The $20 Unlimited Mobley plan is LONG GONE. Believe what you want though, it's your money.

Feedback Score

I think you missed my point. I wasn’t even talking about the whole DSOFF debacle. That was an issue way back when stream saver wasn’t an option or wasn’t working correctly for the Mobley CCU plan. That has since been resolved.

You can easily find an IMEI number from a listing on eBay or google images. I just found one on eBay and entered it on the BYOD page. The only options for standalone data include 1gb for $10/mo or 5 gb for $25/mo. The other options include adding it to an existing plan but as far as activating a Mobley on its own for $20/mo unlimited, that’s no longer an option.

Feedback Score

CSR having to set DSOFF mode was back at the beginning of the plan. You can do it yourself now in the MyATT app. I have never bothered with mine. It is set On and I have no problem using my Roku with it.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    u get the 5GB plan then call att and get transfer to the Car Connect Department and tell them that u need to switch ur plan to the $20 unlimited and they will change it easy....friend of a friend did this and works..ive even been told by att reps to do this....but u must have a mobley device first then after u get ur plan u can swap the SIM into a untie explore or the nighthawk...im using the explore on the $20 plan (2 year contract) and used 50GB a few times and no throttle..just sucks my area is only 2xCA speeds are a lil slow

Page 373 of 464 FirstFirst ... 273 323 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 423 ... LastLast