Page 369 of 464 FirstFirst ... 269 319 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 419 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 6958

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    I get 25-35 down often in my house with just the Mobley although I use a router for more range. I have found it makes a big difference where you place it and in what position it's in. Sometimes a quarter turn of the Mobley results in better speeds.
    Very true. Mine is unusable inside the house unless it is placed at a window. On the window sill the speed is half what it is up in the clear window area. Problem is that it is an East facing window. It gets to ~130 degrees. My Mobley with the $20 unlimited plan is too precious for that. I know it is meant to be left in a car where the temperature would be the same or worse. I still don't want to do that to it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Very true. Mine is unusable inside the house unless it is placed at a window. On the window sill the speed is half what it is up in the clear window area. Problem is that it is an East facing window. It gets to ~130 degrees. My Mobley with the $20 unlimited plan is too precious for that. I know it is meant to be left in a car where the temperature would be the same or worse. I still don't want to do that to it.
    Just use a small piece of thick white paper to block the sun. The paper shouldn't affect the radio signal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    Just use a small piece of thick white paper to block the sun. The paper shouldn't affect the radio signal.
    Brilliant! It amazes me sometimes the things I don't think of. I have taped a 5x7 card to the window where the Mobley would rest on top of the lower window. That is where I got the best speed before. I should know the temperature tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bill875 View Post
    Get these two items from Jim Helms LTEFix.com Store, which has awesome customer support, and you basically have a much cheaper MOFI. You just need to load ROOTER Golden Orb Firmware and put in the APN of broadband and you are golden:

https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/lte-...26-lte-router/

https://ltefix.com/shop/sierra-wirel...55-cat6-modem/

If you reach out to the owner, Jim Helms, he may even get it ready for you by installing the card and possibly load it up with Rooter software configured for the ATT APN (broadband). He's a great guy.

I got a used Mofi-sim4 for less than $100. Picked up 80 Mbps on signal -90 dB on 2 short 3 dBi attached antennas.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know if the AT+EGMR command works on the MC7455? In the AT command manual for the 7455 it has a different command and it can only be used once. I have a modem card that the command works on but it does not have as many bands as the MC7455.

I also have an older Mofi that came with a huawei card, don't remember the model number, instead of the MC7455. I never really used the mofi, I miss placed the antennas during a move and never bothered to replace them. If the mofi had AC I probably would have been more motivated to get the antennas. I'll probable pull the radio card from the mofi and use it in something else.

Feedback Score
    Get these two items from Jim Helms LTEFix.com Store, which has awesome customer support, and you basically have a much cheaper MOFI. You just need to load ROOTER Golden Orb Firmware and put in the APN of broadband and you are golden:

If you reach out to the owner, Jim Helms, he may even get it ready for you by installing the card and possibly load it up with Rooter software configured for the ATT APN (broadband). He's a great guy.
    If the router already has a SIM card slot, not sure why the modem is needed?

Device(s)
    LG Optimus G Pro
    Carrier(s)
    H2O Wireless
    Feedback Score

Synology:: Alternative router for Mobley

I bought a T-Mobile router almost a year ago & flashed it to Asus firmware. It died this week. I looked for an alternative, and decided after reading reviews & looking for USB modem support to try Synology. I was unsure if it would support the Mobley- both of their routers have stated USB modem support, but the Mobley is not listed on their compatibility page. I took a chance with the RT-2600AC and it picked up the Mobley (on the USB 3.0 port) within a couple of minutes & seems to work well. The router is better, but then it should be for about $200. The 1900 version (RT-1900AC) should be similar to the TM-1900/RT-AC68U and is a little over $100.

I'm adding this here since I did not see anything about Synology routers in the thread since they are fairly new.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tifozi View Post
    If the router already has a SIM card slot, not sure why the modem is needed?
    Modem cards don't have sim slots on them, they depend on the host device to have the sim port or at least provide the sim information to them. So yes the router has a sim slot built in but not a modem on the router, you need to open up the router and and insert the modem into a mount on the router's mother board.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    Modem cards don't have sim slots on them, they depend on the host device to have the sim port or at least provide the sim information to them. So yes the router has a sim slot built in but not a modem on the router, you need to open up the router and and insert the modem into a mount on the router's mother board.
    Thanks for the info. These do look like good cheaper versions but with many new bands coming up, it might be prudent to wait for a newer revision.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score

wrote them a few days ago and no reply

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    But did they also have other AT&T services? Perhaps they upgraded to the new unlimited plan and the system automatically switched their Mobley over to the extra $20/mo fee. Or maybe it's just a glitch.

I don't know. The way I explained it (or at least the way I understand what I wrote in my head) makes sense to me. It'd be great if I'm wrong.
    Thanks, but it is costly

Feedback Score
    I think this plan is still available. It is advertised on ATT website. But now it is saying after 22gb it will slow you down.

https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darisma View Post
    I think this plan is still available. It is advertised on ATT website. But now it is saying after 22gb it will slow you down.
    As has been mentioned about a dozen times already the plan is still available to OEM built-in vehicular hotspots, but not standalone units like the Mobley. And possible deprioritization after a certain number GB is nothing new and has always been the case for this plan and virtually every unlimited plan from any carrier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    As has been mentioned about a dozen times already the plan is still available to OEM built-in vehicular hotspots, but not standalone units like the Mobley. And possible deprioritization after a certain number GB is nothing new and has always been the case for this plan and virtually every unlimited plan from any carrier.
    This is the best thread ever, with the most helpful members!

Would like to know.. Without inquiring at a dealer, for instance does Subaru install a sim card that is removable?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by affald View Post
    This is the best thread ever, with the most helpful members!

Would like to know.. Without inquiring at a dealer, for instance does Subaru install a sim card that is removable?
    Subaru uses eSIM, no removing it.

Page 369 of 464 FirstFirst ... 269 319 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 419 ... LastLast