Page 462 of 464 FirstFirst ... 362 412 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 6958

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of dusting off my Mobley. Anyone figure out how to block the update? If I enter my own sim pin code does that stop the update from forcing it's sim pin?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    I'm thinking of dusting off my Mobley. Anyone figure out how to block the update? If I enter my own sim pin code does that stop the update from forcing it's sim pin?
    I have the instructions at home. It might be tomorrow before I can post.

Sent from my moto g(6) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Mine is 5-9 Mbps at home. That is about with what I get from AT&T on phones. One time at a hotel I got 24 Mbps.

I find it pointless to judge the Mobley by speed tests. My objective criteria is: Does it work? 5-9 Mbps is not enough for several people to stream HD video. It is more than enough for one video stream and all the web browsing and email a few people can throw at it.

The Mobley is still an ok hotspot device with the unique unlimited plan for only $20 a month (~$25 with taxes and fees). That can't be beat. The device and plan are no longer available for new service.

We are on the cusp of wireless/cellular Internet becoming available to many more people, but from what I've seen, it won't be $20 a month. The Mobley and Connected Car Unlimited is a gem that a few of us were fortunate to get while it was available.

You can buy a better device to run the service in. IIRC, those are in the $200 range - Nighthawk, etc. Those will get higher speed, but only if AT&T has speedier service where you use it. In my area 5-9 Mbps is about all AT&T puts on the air.
    Iím looking forward for the new Orbi LBR20 to become available by April. It has band 14 and it supports all the 4 carrier bands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    We posted in one of the Mobley topics how to deal with this, but darned if I can find it.

Anyway, I don't recall any way to block the Mobley firmware update. If you run it with a CCU SIM in it, it will update. If you set your own SIM PIN, the update and Mobley operation will not be able to change your PIN, BUT you would have to connect to the Mobley admin interface and enter the PIN every time it is powered on.

The simplest way to do this if you want to actually use the Mobley vs some other hotspot is to just use it. The Mobley firmware update will put a PIN on the SIM that you don't know, but will operate fine* and you won't have to enter the PIN when you power it on.

The way around having the SIM stuck with a PIN you don't know is to get the PUK codes. There are two of them. You only need one, but go ahead and get both. You only need the second PUK code if you botch entering the first one. I got my Mobley PUK codes by doing a chat in my online account just by asking.

To remove the unknown Mobley SIM PIN you put the SIM in a different hotspot. I don't know if a phone will work. When the alternate hotspot starts up it will ask for the PIN. Enter an incorrect (4 digit) PIN three times and it will ask for the PUK code. After entering the PUK code it will ask you to enter a PIN that you select. This leaves you with a PIN on the SIM that you would have to enter every time the unit is powered on.

If you want to remove the PIN to use in another hotspot or the Mobley again without having to enter it on every power up, you need to put the SIM in an AT&T compatible phone and use the phone SIM tools to remove it. The phone may need to be unlocked as well. Some hotspots may have the SIM tools, mine doesn't.

*The Mobley firmware update also removes the option to never power off, leaving the max on time as 2 hours. For some reason this did not happen on all firmware updates. I did not lose the never power off option on mine.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoydude24 View Post
    Iím looking forward for the new Orbi LBR20 to become available by April. It has band 14 and it supports all the 4 carrier bands.
    5g?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    We posted in one of the Mobley topics how to deal with this, but darned if I can find it.

Anyway, I don't recall any way to block the Mobley firmware update. If you run it with a CCU SIM in it, it will update. If you set your own SIM PIN, the update and Mobley operation will not be able to change your PIN, BUT you would have to connect to the Mobley admin interface and enter the PIN every time it is powered on.

The simplest way to do this if you want to actually use the Mobley vs some other hotspot is to just use it. The Mobley firmware update will put a PIN on the SIM that you don't know, but will operate fine* and you won't have to enter the PIN when you power it on.

The way around having the SIM stuck with a PIN you don't know is to get the PUK codes. There are two of them. You only need one, but go ahead and get both. You only need the second PUK code if you botch entering the first one. I got my Mobley PUK codes by doing a chat in my online account just by asking.

To remove the unknown Mobley SIM PIN you put the SIM in a different hotspot. I don't know if a phone will work. When the alternate hotspot starts up it will ask for the PIN. Enter an incorrect (4 digit) PIN three times and it will ask for the PUK code. After entering the PUK code it will ask you to enter a PIN that you select. This leaves you with a PIN on the SIM that you would have to enter every time the unit is powered on.

If you want to remove the PIN to use in another hotspot or the Mobley again without having to enter it on every power up, you need to put the SIM in an AT&T compatible phone and use the phone SIM tools to remove it. The phone may need to be unlocked as well. Some hotspots may have the SIM tools, mine doesn't.

*The Mobley firmware update also removes the option to never power off, leaving the max on time as 2 hours. For some reason this did not happen on all firmware updates. I did not lose the never power off option on mine.

Good luck
    Iíve tried to get the puk code via customer service but none worked. Iíll try chat soon. You think itíll work?

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    I’ve tried to get the puk code via customer service but none worked. I’ll try chat soon. You think it’ll work?

Not sure if you did this already but I believe you have to enter a normal 4 digit pin three times incorrectly to lock the device and then the PUC code should work.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score

AT&T Stand Alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot Now Only $20!!!!!

5g?...

It is a 4G LTE WiFi Router.

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/lbr20.pdf

Feedback Score
    From my records. Scroll to the top for details.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...ocked/#summary

Feedback Score
    Iíve tried to get the puk code via customer service but none worked. Iíll try chat soon. You think itíll work?
    Talk or chat shouldn't matter. I have not heard if CS has been told to stop giving the PUKs. I got mine when the Mobley SIM locking first started (2018?).

I recall from when this started that some people had to try more than one CS contact to get the codes.

I found in my notes that someone reported being able to use a phone to do the SIM unlock with the PUK codes.

FWIW, the PUK codes are eight digit numbers.

Good luck

Feedback Score
    Talk or chat shouldn't matter. I have not heard if CS has been told to stop giving the PUKs. I got mine when the Mobley SIM locking first started (2018?).

I recall from when this started that some people had to try more than one CS contact to get the codes.

I found in my notes that someone reported being able to use a phone to do the SIM unlock with the PUK codes.

FWIW, the PUK codes are eight digit numbers.

Good luck
    What reason did you give for asking for the puk code? Are you suggesting I put my Mobley sims in phones first? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    What reason did you give for asking for the puk code? Are you suggesting I put my Mobley sims in phones first? Thanks!
    I did not give a reason for asking for the PUK codes and they did not ask.

Putting the Mobley SIM in a phone is only for removing the unknown PIN that gets set on the SIM by using it in a Mobley. You must have the PUK code to do that. You can't do it with the Mobley itself.

IIRC, the Mobley SIM will not give data service in a phone.

What are you planning to do? If you don't care about ever using the Mobley SIM in anything other than the Mobley, just go ahead and use it, but you won't be able to get the unknown PIN off the SIM without the PUK code.

Feedback Score
    There any market to re-sell these anymore?

I have mine operating in an owned AT&T hotspot (don't have the Mobley device itself anymore) that just sits around and I'd thought of cancelling it.

Hate to let it "go away" also if someone else could benefit somehow still.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TurbineSeaplane View Post
    There any market to re-sell these anymore?

I have mine operating in an owned AT&T hotspot (don't have the Mobley device itself anymore) that just sits around and I'd thought of cancelling it.

Hate to let it "go away" also if someone else could benefit somehow still.
    Sorry. I goofed.

I donít believe itís possible to TOBR on these plans any longer.
    Last edited by Orlimar1; 03-16-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Iíd be real leery about selling one of these. AT&T is shutting them down if the sim isnít in an iPad and it has high usage. If you sell it to someone and it gets shut down theyíre going to be ticked off and want a refund. Iíd only sell it to someone that is legitimately going to use it in an iPad. Otherwise Iíd keep it or give it away.

But hey, you may be Mr. Vegas.
    I think putting the sim in an iPad would violate the terms. The Mobley is a hotspot device.

Page 462 of 464 FirstFirst ... 362 412 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 LastLast