Page 474 of 479 FirstFirst ... 374 424 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 7180

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Licklog View Post
    I also got the postpaid tablet plan last week in anticipation of my prepaid tablet plan eventually getting dropped. I expect I will cancel it before my next renewal which will.leave me with two AT&T plans and a Visible line for alternate carrier. Any reason for me to keep that prepaid that comes to your mind.
    Do you have a link to the unlimited postpaid tablet plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Licklog View Post
    I also got the postpaid tablet plan last week in anticipation of my prepaid tablet plan eventually getting dropped. I expect I will cancel it before my next renewal which will.leave me with two AT&T plans and a Visible line for alternate carrier. Any reason for me to keep that prepaid that comes to your mind.
    I would drop the prepaid plan and stick with the new postpaid plan. The prepaid plan does not support 5G and includes no tethering. The new standalone tablet plan supports 5G, includes HD video streaming, and unofficially supports unlimited hotspot tethering.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK0044 View Post
    Do you have a link to the unlimited postpaid tablet plan.
    There is no link to sign-up for the $20 standalone tablet plan or any documentation online about the standalone tablet plan.

You either have to call customer care to have them add this special $20 standalone tablet plan by providing a tablet IMEI and an ICCID or going into an AT&T store to provide this information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I have 4 Connected Car Mobley plans with Stream Saver turned off. Fast.com is showing 3.5Mbps consistently over the past several weeks. I turned on Stream Saver and turned it back off and speeds are still 3.5Mbps consistently. Typical speeds at my location on Ookla show anywhere from 20Mbps to 60Mbps on bands 14 or 66.

Anyone else experiencing 3.5Mbps on fast.com? I thought it was a system thing but this has been occuring for over a month and on two different billing cycles.
    Same here in western Louisiana, tested even during the early morning hours, initial speed 15-20 Mbps, then fast.com slows down to 3.5Mbps, repeated back to back test on fast.com then maintain only 3.5 Mbps from the start. Tested with 2 CCU plans one in a Mobley one in an 815S, 15 or so miles apart so connecting to 2 different towers.

Feedback Score
    There is no link to sign-up for the $20 standalone tablet plan or any documentation online about the standalone tablet plan.

You either have to call customer care to have them add this special $20 standalone tablet plan by providing a tablet IMEI and an ICCID or going into an AT&T store to provide this information.
    Is the sim locked to the tablet IMEI you give them or can you switch to a different tablet? Also, can the sim be used in a phone or hotspot?

Feedback Score
    I don't think I'll ever give up on the Mobley plan. At least, until AT&T forces me off the plan, or if the plan is indeed limited to LTE only, until that technology becomes obsolete. At the very least, the Mobley plan will be valuable for many years to come.

However, I did activate a $20 "Unlimited for Tablet" plan today along with the 4 Mobley plans on my account. The new "Unlimited for Tablet" plan is its own "Mobile Share" plan. The plan does not include Stream Saver and fast.com starts off fast (30-60Mbps) but moderates to 12-15Mbps. The plan supports 5G and includes (unofficially) unlimited hotspot since my only plans with AT&T are unlimited high-speed data only plans ($20 Mobley).

I'm happy with the Quectel Modems I purchased on Amazon for these plans. The Nighthawk is either buggy or AT&T is deliberately disconnecting known hotspot devices on the Mobley plan after doing random sweeps. At least a simple restart fixes these random network disconnect issues.

However, I do wonder if AT&T is brewing something behind the scenes and the random network disconnects are just a taste of what's to come. Or, maybe I'm just paranoid, lol.
    Yeah I'm hearing in other forums about Att playing games with hotspots on tablet plans too.

My Nighthawks on Mobley plans are still working fine. I am load balancing over a couple devices to keep my usage down on the plans. Hopefully since the Mobley plan is dead/grandfathered and has always a hotspot plan, that it will continue to slide under the radar. I have taken other measures to hedge my bets a bit but Att can always get a bug up their butt and pull the plug at anytime.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    Is the sim locked to the tablet IMEI you give them or can you switch to a different tablet? Also, can the sim be used in a phone or hotspot?
    No, the SIM is not locked to the tablet IMEI. You can put the SIM in any compatible device and by changing the APN to 'broadband'.

However, AT&T can terminate any tablet line not being used in a tablet device.

Feedback Score
    I don't think I'll ever give up on the Mobley plan. At least, until AT&T forces me off the plan, or if the plan is indeed limited to LTE only, until that technology becomes obsolete. At the very least, the Mobley plan will be valuable for many years to come.

However, I did activate a $20 "Unlimited for Tablet" plan today along with the 4 Mobley plans on my account. The new "Unlimited for Tablet" plan is its own "Mobile Share" plan. The plan does not include Stream Saver and fast.com starts off fast (30-60Mbps) but moderates to 12-15Mbps. The plan supports 5G and includes (unofficially) unlimited hotspot since my only plans with AT&T are unlimited high-speed data only plans ($20 Mobley).
    I'm actually thinking about cancelling one of my Mobley lines due to the Netflix stream speed "moderation". It is annoying to have my speeds walk itself back down to around 10Mps whenever I'm streaming videos despite having Stream Saver turned off. This causes a lot of buffering issues on my AppleTV when trying to watch 4K/Dolby videos. It seems like some people with Mobley lines don't have this issue while others do. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who is effected which is why I'll likely cancel one of my Mobley lines next month. Waiting to see if AT&T stops throttling my video but gave myself until December to cancel at least one line. I'll hold on to my second Mobley line as backup. However, that stand alone iPad plan with 5G does seem tempting. Sadly, from your report it sounds like the video stream speed "moderation" also happens on the stand alone postpaid tablet plan so I may stay away from that one as well. Does anyone know if it is legal for me to sell one of my Mobley lines? If so, how do I safely do it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgh12 View Post
    ...Does anyone know if it is legal for me to sell one of my Mobley lines? If so, how do I safely do it?
    AT&T does not allow transfer of a Mobley plan to another party. It would not be illegal to sell it to someone else, but they would have to pay you and you maintain and pay your AT&T plan/account - not what most people want to do - maybe for a trusted relative or friend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    AT&T does not allow transfer of a Mobley plan to another party. It would not be illegal to sell it to someone else, but they would have to pay you and you maintain and pay your AT&T plan/account - not what most people want to do - maybe for a trusted relative or friend.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll just cancel my extra Mobley line at the end of the year if they don't stop throttling my video streams. Sounds like a hassle/headache leasing out the line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jgh12 View Post
    I'm actually thinking about cancelling one of my Mobley lines due to the Netflix stream speed "moderation". It is annoying to have my speeds walk itself back down to around 10Mps whenever I'm streaming videos despite having Stream Saver turned off. This causes a lot of buffering issues on my AppleTV when trying to watch 4K/Dolby videos. It seems like some people with Mobley lines don't have this issue while others do. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who is effected which is why I'll likely cancel one of my Mobley lines next month. Waiting to see if AT&T stops throttling my video but gave myself until December to cancel at least one line. I'll hold on to my second Mobley line as backup. However, that stand alone iPad plan with 5G does seem tempting. Sadly, from your report it sounds like the video stream speed "moderation" also happens on the stand alone postpaid tablet plan so I may stay away from that one as well. Does anyone know if it is legal for me to sell one of my Mobley lines? If so, how do I safely do it?
    You're going to cancel a Mobley line because... you can't stream 4K/Dolby video? What are you going to replace it with, i.e. what other plan would give you unlimited HD video streaming data at 10 Mbps, much less at $20/month? I'd love to know about that better deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nocaps View Post
    You're going to cancel a Mobley line because... you can't stream 4K/Dolby video? What are you going to replace it with, i.e. what other plan would give you unlimited HD video streaming data at 10 Mbps, much less at $20/month? I'd love to know about that better deal.
    I just renewed my PCsforPeople internet $135 (tax included) for 12 months. That's $11.25 per month. I have it set up with a CBA850LP6 and get 140Mbps download speeds. No throttle on streaming so full 4K/Dolby video with zero buffering issues. Hence, there's no need to keep 2 Mobley lines ($20 each plus tax) which is why I'm going to cancel one at the end of the year. I'll still keep one Mobley line as a backup hotspot in case PCsforPeople goes defunct after few years due to the Sprint/T-Mobile merger. Thus far, its been much more reliable than my Mobley and cheaper too.

Feedback Score
    Great deal, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately I guess) I don't qualify.

Feedback Score
    I did swap the SIM from the Nighthawk to a Quectel modem. The Quectel modem will rarely lose connection to the network, maybe once every 4-6 months. The Nighthawk was reliable for a very long time but has gotten so bad with network disconnects that it has become unreliable.

Does anyone know, with any certainty, if the Mobley plans will get 5G access? I have been told yes and no multiple times by different reps and "high level" support reps. I am told the Mobley plan shows as a data only hotspot device on the AT&T system.

AT&T recently released a new postpaid $20 Unlimited for Tablet Standalone plan that is compatible with 5G. The plan unofficially gets unlimited hotspot tethering.

Does anyone think the new $20 standalone Unlimited Tablet plan would be a good upgrade from the Mobley plan? Or does anyone think AT&T will eventually add 5G access to the Mobley plan, either unofficially or by mistake, as the plan itself is in its own category of devices? I would hate to give up the Mobley plan but the new $20 standalone Tablet plan is tempting to get, especially if AT&T closes the loophole to add tablet devices as a standalone option.
    Got the Quecetel modem, doesnt help the situation, but at least it's significantly cheaper than the nighthawk was. internet drops for whatever reason after a bit. Seems to happen mostly when using my work VPN. If I go into the modem and switch from 4g back to hspa, or vise versa, internet immediately comes back. Not sure what that proves.. but yea. very frustrating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ochy38 View Post
    Got the Quecetel modem, doesnt help the situation, but at least it's significantly cheaper than the nighthawk was. internet drops for whatever reason after a bit. Seems to happen mostly when using my work VPN. If I go into the modem and switch from 4g back to hspa, or vise versa, internet immediately comes back. Not sure what that proves.. but yea. very frustrating.
    Yeah, I like that the Quectel Modems are pretty inexpensive, much less expensive than the Nighthawk.

I do not experience many internet dropouts with the Quectel Modems, maybe 4-6 times a year. And when that happens, I have to power cycle the modem to get an internet connection.

Do you have the Mobley plan? Or the $20 unlimited iPad/tablet plan?

I am very thankful for the Mobley plans and unlimited tablet plans I have acquired over the years. I have very limited options where I live. It's been nice having a high-speed data option for myself and several other rural family members over the last 5-6 years.

I personally use 2 Mobley plans and a $20 unlimited tablet plan for our home internet usage. Each line uses about 400GB a month using Quectel Modems and different devices are connected to each modem to spread usage as evenly as possible between 6 people.

T-Mobile Home Internet was officially released for my home address as of this Friday, so I signed up for that service as well on Friday. If it works well, I will cancel all but one Mobley line as a backup solution as AT&T speeds at our house with the Quectel Modems are usually at least 20Mbps and up to 70Mbps at night.

Page 474 of 479 FirstFirst ... 374 424 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 LastLast