Page 493 of 497 FirstFirst ... 393 443 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,395 of 7452

Thread: Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    What kind of speeds are you getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For me, speeds on the Mobley plan were once around 20-50Mbps.

Over the last few months, speeds are no higher than 10Mbps, typically around 3-5Mbps. I do not use a Mobley device with any of my Mobley plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    And, while most AT&T branded dedicated hotspot devices are VoLTE certified,
    Since VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE, how are any hotspot devices certified for voice as you're stating?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Since VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE, how are any hotspot devices certified for voice as you're stating?
    He's just another "The sky is falling" poster with nothing to back himself up. Similar to the ones that claim Verizon GUDP plans are being shutdown. Yawn.

Feedback Score
    By February 2022, all phones must be AT&T VoLTE certified and all other devices AT&T LTE certified, or, they will not work on the AT&T Network.

List of supported devices beginning February 2022 PDF link :

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt48658 View Post
    He's just another "The sky is falling" poster with nothing to back himself up. Similar to the ones that claim Verizon GUDP plans are being shutdown. Yawn.
    I do not believe the sky is falling. AT&T will start to deactivate any line of service that is not using a certified device beginning in February 2022 and some on Reddit have already posted reports of their lines being suspended for swapping a SIM into a device not certified by AT&T.

I am only warning the community of what AT&T has set into motion. It amazes me the amount of backlash people get on HoFo for trying to be helpful. But hey, it's the Internet, every idiot has an opinion.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Tello
    Feedback Score

Stand alone AT&T Unlimited ZTE Mobley Hotspot now only $20!!!!!

The VoLTE mandate only applies to phones AFAIA because VoLTE is for voice. As long as it’s a data only device, it should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
    The VoLTE mandate only applies to phones AFAIA because VoLTE is for voice. As long as it’s a data only device, it should be fine.

Unfortunately, every device on AT&T's network beginning in February 2022, including data only devices, must be on AT&T's approved white list of allowed devices. I included the PDF link above.

AT&T is spinning this as they need to confirm devices on their network will work after their 3G network shutdown for emergency purposes. That's why they made an official list of devices that will only work on their network because they are "AT&T" VoLTE certified (voice lines) or "AT&T" LTE certified (voice barred/data only lines). This is one way AT&T will force its subscribers to use AT&T only devices and a very select few BYODs. This **may** cause issues for us Mobley and Unlimited Tablet plan customers **if** AT&T begins to enforce IMEI and device type mismatch when they roll out the white list device enforcement across the network.

I do hope I am wrong because I do use data only devices which have an identity crisis with AT&T. My devices all support every LTE flavor offered by AT&T but none of my modems are on the AT&T white list. Maybe data only devices will get a pass but the white list published by AT&T states differently. I will hope for the best but these moves still have me on high alert.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, every device on AT&T's network beginning in February 2022, including data only devices, must be on AT&T's approved white list of allowed devices. I included the PDF link above.

AT&T is spinning this as they need to confirm devices on their network will work after their 3G network shutdown for emergency purposes. That's why they made an official list of devices that will only work on their network because they are "AT&T" VoLTE certified (voice lines) or "AT&T" LTE certified (voice barred/data only lines). This is one way AT&T will force its subscribers to use AT&T only devices and a very select few BYODs. This **may** cause issues for us Mobley and Unlimited Tablet plan customers **if** AT&T begins to enforce IMEI and device type mismatch when they roll out the white list device enforcement across the network.

I do hope I am wrong because I do use data only devices which have an identity crisis with AT&T. My devices all support every LTE flavor offered by AT&T but none of my modems are on the AT&T white list. Maybe data only devices will get a pass but the white list published by AT&T states differently. I will hope for the best but these moves still have me on high alert.
    My ZTE Velocity is on the list, but the ZTE Mobley is not. We will see what happens. It has been great having unlimited data for the past several years. I would hate to lose it. I don't use it enough to really justify the ~$24 a month cost, but sometimes when I need it I need it bad. Electric and cable outages are much more tolerable when I can flip fate the bird and fire up my hotspot and tablet and run on their batteries for many hours.

Why would they make a move that will lose them customers? AT&T sometimes seems willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. They still have the corporate mindset from a hundred years ago of, "WE are the phone company and WE will decide how you can use your service."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    My ZTE Velocity is on the list, but the ZTE Mobley is not. We will see what happens. It has been great having unlimited data for the past several years. I would hate to lose it. I don't use it enough to really justify the ~$24 a month cost, but sometimes when I need it I need it bad. Electric and cable outages are much more tolerable when I can flip fate the bird and fire up my hotspot and tablet and run on their batteries for many hours.

Why would they make a move that will lose them customers? AT&T sometimes seems willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. They still have the corporate mindset from a hundred years ago of, "WE are the phone company and WE will decide how you can use your service."
    I think it's absurd as well. That's why I wanted to share my findings with the community.

Maybe AT&T will give data only devices a pass since they have no voice capabilities as Jet pointed out in my misunderstanding of what I have been reading online. However, after further investigation, AT&T is making a white list of approved devices for all device types.

I think the communication for these actions is shameful for a company as large as AT&T. I have not received any text messages on any of my data only devices nor have I received any warnings on my bills. Maybe we'll get a notice or text message in November 2021 (90 days prior) about the implementation of approved devices. Or, many customers on data only plans will just get cut off in February 2022 without any warning.

I agree, the Mobley and Unlimited Tablet plans have served my family very well for over 5 years. I have these plans to thank which saved my job during the pandemic, and now, even post(ish) pandemic. I even have the T-Mobile Home Internet as a backup, just in case the AT&T data plans fail. But the T-Mobile Home Internet service is not nearly as reliable in speed and latency as the AT&T data plans. Hopefully by February 2022, the T-Mobile Home Internet service in my area will be just as, or better, than the AT&T data only plans.

Feedback Score
    I don't see the harman spark on the list either, so I have to think before the 2022 cutoff at&t will have some new device upgrade path for people that have mobley or spark

Feedback Score
    AT&T will start to deactivate any line of service that is not using a certified device beginning in February 2022
    Do you have a source for this claim line deactivation?

It's one thing for a device not to function. It really makes no sense for AT&T to unilaterally start turning off service to paying customers when all the customer would need to do is move the SIM to a different device. Companies like to keep churn rates low, so its doubtful they would deactivate lines in this situation.

Device(s)
    A71 5G, Pixel 3aXL/4a5G, Moto E6/G7 Power/Z3 Play/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Well, the Mobley may not be on the list, but my Netgear and ZTE hotspots are. So is my ZTE K88 tablet. All are AT&T branded.

Feedback Score
    Do you have a source for this claim line deactivation?

It's one thing for a device not to function. It really makes no sense for AT&T to unilaterally start turning off service to paying customers when all the customer would need to do is move the SIM to a different device. Companies like to keep churn rates low, so its doubtful they would deactivate lines in this situation.
    The only sources currently are from what I read on Reddit about people placing a phone SIM into a device that is not on the official white list. From what they state, the line is suspended and the customer has to call AT&T to unsuspend the line. The representative then states the reason for the block was due to the device not being certified by AT&T. The line can be unsuspend but the representative states in February 2022, the device will no longer work on AT&T's network. Who knows if the line would be eventually cancelled if the line stayed suspended or what AT&T would do in such a case.

However, the logical path AT&T would take is cancelling the line if a SIM is in an "unauthorized device" as determined by AT&T. Who knows, maybe AT&T will suspend the line indefinitely if a customer keeps a SIM in a device that is not on the white list of approved devices.

If I get an "official source" I will share that information. I am only relaying information I have gathered from others. The only official document is the white list of approved devices published by AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Looks like in Jan 2022, I will move my mobley sims to one of my supported AT&T hotspots until I see what happens.

Might actually keep one in the MF288 and see what happens and make be the other one to my Unite Explore and use it in the base station I have for it.

Feedback Score
    So you have no facts other than some I heard on reddit that...blah blah blah, but I'm the idiot? Do us all a favor and shut the hell up.

Page 493 of 497 FirstFirst ... 393 443 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 LastLast