Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: New Month, New Prices

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    934
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Odd. you're the one good at "cheap" shots.

    I don't know what world you live in, but if pretending online that $120 means nothing to you, then you go gurl!

    now, before you get upset at people relucant to throw money away, and write something else, take a breath, and read the nonsense you're posting.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    I don't know what world you live in, but if pretending online that $120 means nothing to you, then you go gurl!
    If pretending online that $120 per year is a deciding factor on whether or not you can afford a cell phone plan... Well that's just pathetic. If you're not pretending and you actually can't afford an extra $10 per month, then I just feel sorry for you and you probably have bigger problems than the cost of a cell phone plan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    now, before you get upset at people relucant to throw money away
    Paying the posted price for something isn't "throwing money away".

    I own a business that manufactures parts. We get cheapskates like you every now and then that feel we charge too much and they should get a discount. Everyone gets the same response, no discounts, either you pay the price or you don't get the product. It's pretty simple. Your opinion that it's too expensive is quite irrelevant.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Basement
    Posts
    934
    Device(s)
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    Carrier(s)
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    If pretending online that $120 per year is a deciding factor on whether or not you can afford a cell phone plan... Well that's just pathetic. If you're not pretending and you actually can't afford an extra $10 per month, then I just feel sorry for you and you probably have bigger problems than the cost of a cell phone plan.


    Paying the posted price for something isn't "throwing money away".

    I own a business that manufactures parts. We get cheapskates like you every now and then that feel we charge too much and they should get a discount. Everyone gets the same response, no discounts, either you pay the price or you don't get the product. It's pretty simple. Your opinion that it's too expensive is quite irrelevant.

    this insatiable appetite to be heard about what a big and successful business man you are is hilarious.

    I, and very likely, nobody cares about your widget factory.

    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Retards who want to convince me otherwise can keep talking.

    if you feel happy overpaying for your monthly service, because it makes you feel better, then good for you.
    Keep selling your widgets to pay for RoBellUs' bonuses.

    ... and I'll chuckle at your summary of my financials.

    Now if you don't have anything significant to add, just go away or be quiet. Don't you have some million dollar payrolls to take care of ? or some billion dollar orders to fill? go do that.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    2,288
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    this insatiable appetite to be heard about what a big and successful business man you are is hilarious.

    I, and very likely, nobody cares about your widget factory.

    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Retards who want to convince me otherwise can keep talking.

    if you feel happy overpaying for your monthly service, because it makes you feel better, then good for you.
    Keep selling your widgets to pay for RoBellUs' bonuses.

    ... and I'll chuckle at your summary of my financials.

    Now if you don't have anything significant to add, just go away or be quiet. Don't you have some million dollar payrolls to take care of ? or some billion dollar orders to fill? go do that.
    A word of advice about jcalder. I am not sure if he's an actual Rogers shill or just a troll. Probably the latter. He attacks people not only here on HoFo, but also follows people on other social media. Just ask fruvous. Better not feed him and just block him.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Conviviality View Post
    this insatiable appetite to be heard about what a big and successful business man you are is hilarious.

    I, and very likely, nobody cares about your widget factory.

    He who pays the piper calls the tune. Retards who want to convince me otherwise can keep talking.

    if you feel happy overpaying for your monthly service, because it makes you feel better, then good for you.
    Keep selling your widgets to pay for RoBellUs' bonuses.

    ... and I'll chuckle at your summary of my financials.

    Now if you don't have anything significant to add, just go away or be quiet. Don't you have some million dollar payrolls to take care of ? or some billion dollar orders to fill? go do that.
    Far from a millionaire but thanks for giving me that sort of credit! Maybe one day.

    Go keep squeezing your pennies. Maybe you'll turn one into a nickel.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    A word of advice about jcalder. I am not sure if he's an actual Rogers shill or just a troll. Probably the latter. He attacks people not only here on HoFo, but also follows people on other social media. Just ask fruvous. Better not feed him and just block him.
    Love you too buddy.

    Fruvous had a public twitter account. The whole point of twitter is to have people follow you unless your account is locked so I'm not sure what your problem is. If anyone else wants to follow him his username was @fruv

    Stopped following him because all he does is hassle all the phone providers and it's boring. Never posts anything of substance.

    Also far from a "shill" since likely going to switch to the really really really expensive Telus plan that nobody can afford because it's a whopping $85. Luckily I'm a billionaire with a widget factory so it's no big deal for me.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Look over yer shoulder
    Posts
    10,553
    Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    A word of advice about jcalder. I am not sure if he's an actual Rogers shill or just a troll. Probably the latter. He attacks people not only here on HoFo, but also follows people on other social media. Just ask fruvous. Better not feed him and just block him.
    Interesting. I haven't really been on Hofo at all over the past few years. I would've thought by now etiquette standards would've been raised, and outright personal attacks such as what I've read here would be dealt with my mods, via bans. Unfortunate they don't care.

    A community is only as good as the people who keep it active. If attacks like this are enabled, yeesh, maybe it's a good thing I don't come on here. Sad, Thanks for the insight.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

    Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bubble.tea View Post
    Interesting. I haven't really been on Hofo at all over the past few years. I would've thought by now etiquette standards would've been raised, and outright personal attacks such as what I've read here would be dealt with my mods, via bans. Unfortunate they don't care.

    A community is only as good as the people who keep it active. If attacks like this are enabled, yeesh, maybe it's a good thing I don't come on here. Sad, Thanks for the insight.
    Yeah, I was pretty harsh. I really hope everyone involved here can pull through. Especially TadMorose, he's been trashing me for years now.

    Everyone he disagrees with is a "shill" or a "troll". Poor guy can't accept that not everyone shares his opinions.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,112
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Nothing new here, hofo and dslreports have always been loaded with what I call arrogant insiders. People who work or have worked in that industry and really had no choice but to become bitter, hardened individuals to bridge the gap between terrible internal processes at the telecom and requests of demanding customers.

    Just my 2c

    And, it's not a question of paying 10$ more, it's that most people are already giving Robelus far too much money; they extra 10$ opens the the discussion about (for some people), do I need a full-fat wireless service at all - or am I better off getting a dual-sim phone with a Fido 3gb/15$ + prepaid.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,030
    Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wow, all this because I said $10 per month extra wasn't that big of a deal...

    If Telus posted that plan for $75 then these people would want it for $65. If it was posted for $65 they'd want it for $55.

    As soon as anyone posts something that supports Rogers or Telus in any way whatsoever they are viciously attacked. Unless you hate the providers and want everything for free, you're looked down on.

    Look at TadMorose's posts. Not just the ones towards me, but towards anyone who has ever said anything positive about a "telco" is instantly labeled a "shill". Even his regular posts are usually putting someone down.

    Even buddy up there, I state I have a business and deal with people and instantly he's going off talking about how "hilarious" that is.

    Yet I'm the bad guy...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Look over yer shoulder
    Posts
    10,553
    Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jcalder View Post
    ...
    If Telus posted that plan for $75 then these people would want it for $65. If it was posted for $65 they'd want it for $55....
    Not entirely true. I'm a prosumer...but I am fair.

    If Telus was offering me $10/month to use their plan I would insist I pay them $10 at least, thereby making the plan $0. I am fair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 02:55 AM
  2. New Lower Phone Prices
    By Cliff Sheldon in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 02:04 PM
  3. new best buy prices s105 T300
    By scaplan in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 03:25 PM
  4. New Cingular V60g price.
    By ericctc in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2002, 02:43 PM
  5. New Telus West pricing
    By Xirc in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-15-2002, 01:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks