Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: What happens after March 31?

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    This is fascinating to watch.

Carrier(s)
    h2o Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey Guys. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'm sure you're all anxious about the data promotion. So I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first. We were all here late Friday trying to get the final decision regarding this data promotion. Unfortunately, we did not receive key approvals in time to make an official announcement. We expect to have these by Tuesday 05/02/17.

Good news is that the promotion is tentatively extended. Any recharge made to your account before the promotion is officially ended, will receive the extra data for a full 30 days from the time of recharge.

I'm sure you all will have some questions regarding this, so let me try to answer some as best as I can for now.

1. How long is the promotion extended for?
    The official answer is we won't know until at least tomorrow. Worst case scenario is end of May. Best case is end of June.

2. What happens when the promotion has ended?
    LTE data adjustments will need to made. Again, officially we won't know how much until the decision for #1 is completed. However, it will remain competitive with the current landscape. Again, this only affects recharges after the promotion has ended. If you recharged any time during the promo, you will receive 30 full days of the extended data.

3. When we will know what the new data allotments will be?
    I will try to announce at least a week or two before the promotion officially expires and earlier if possible.

4. Why do all decisions take so darn long?
    Being in between two giant companies (AT&T and KDDI) has a lot of benefits, but it also poses some challenges. One of the frustrating things is that it can sometimes take what seems like forever for even small things to be approved. Unfortunately, this data extension decision involved a lot of moving parts and was quite complicated.

I will make official announcements as soon as possible. And again thanks for all your interest and patience!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h2owireless View Post
    LTE data adjustments will need to made.
    Yep, that's pretty much been my prediction since the start of this thread. I'm guessing the current data limits are unsustainable long term (unless the wholesale prices come down, of course).

Being in between two giant companies (AT&T and KDDI) has a lot of benefits, but it also poses some challenges. One of the frustrating things is that it can sometimes take what seems like forever for even small things to be approved. Unfortunately, this data extension decision involved a lot of moving parts and was quite complicated.
    Well, thanks for being so candid. Obviously, it would have been better to have all your ducks in a row before the end of the month, but in the absence of that, keeping customers informed is always better than the alternative.

Feedback Score
    So KDDI doesn't like H2OWireless's profitability in the US and AT&T is not going to give Locus Telecommunications the discount it wants. They could not have worked this out weeks ago? "A lot of moving parts"? You are just reselling AT&T's product and billing for it--the latter no doubt outsourced with the tech service and probably customer support, too. There are 3 person home based operations doing the same thing. Your competitors manage to keep their pricing current. You make it seem like everyone else is the problem--c'mon, man up...

Pretty amazing--hell of way to run a company. (Never heard of working on a weekend?)

BTW, consumers, this is what we get with an unregulated utility. No QOS, one-sided contracts, no tariffs, no customer service. How you liking deregulation now?

Hey Guys. Hope you all had a nice weekend. I'm sure you're all anxious about the data promotion. So I have good news and bad news.

Bad news first. We were all here late Friday trying to get the final decision regarding this data promotion. Unfortunately, we did not receive key approvals in time to make an official announcement. We expect to have these by Tuesday 05/02/17.

Good news is that the promotion is tentatively extended. Any recharge made to your account before the promotion is officially ended, will receive the extra data for a full 30 days from the time of recharge.

I'm sure you all will have some questions regarding this, so let me try to answer some as best as I can for now.

1. How long is the promotion extended for?
    The official answer is we won't know until at least tomorrow. Worst case scenario is end of May. Best case is end of June.

2. What happens when the promotion has ended?
    LTE data adjustments will need to made. Again, officially we won't know how much until the decision for #1 is completed. However, it will remain competitive with the current landscape. Again, this only affects recharges after the promotion has ended. If you recharged any time during the promo, you will receive 30 full days of the extended data.

3. When we will know what the new data allotments will be?
    I will try to announce at least a week or two before the promotion officially expires and earlier if possible.

4. Why do all decisions take so darn long?

I will make official announcements as soon as possible. And again thanks for all your interest and patience!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

What happens after March 31?

What will happen after May 31st?

Lol

But seriously! This is good news...I have one of these preloaded eBay sim for a visiting relative that's coming May 17th. She will have 3gb data.
    I'm still predicting it will end up being 2gb and that cricket will match Metropcs at 2gb for $30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    What will happen after May 31st?

Lol

But seriously! This is good news...I have one of these preloaded eBay sim for a visiting relative that's coming May 17th. She will have 3gb data.
    I'm still predicting it will end up being 2gb and that cricket will match Metropcs at 2gb for $30.
    I'm still betting on 1GB for $30, with more action on the higher tiers (i.e. somewhere between the previous amount and the current offer, close to where Cricket has theirs right now).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeedr View Post
    BTW, consumers, this is what we get with an unregulated utility.
    Actually, while I'm all for a properly regulated free market, the fact that the MVNO market exists at all in the US without any government regulation came as a major surprise to me.

Just look at the broadband ISP marketplace if you want to see how it could be -- the only places where the owners of the broadband networks allow competitors access to their network is where they have been forced into it by some form of agreement with a local or state government (usually as a quid pro quo for some other beneficial terms). Otherwise, the ISPs operate as monopolies, or close to it, and the prices have been going in the opposite direction to the wireless industry's.

So, while I get your point, and agree that this isn't exactly a shining moment for H2O Wireless, the confusion over the current state of their plans is small potatoes compared with the issues that other deregulated communications industries.

Feedback Score
    Prepaidphonenews has stated that the increased data will stick around for May

Feedback Score
    You're late. Read previous posts;!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    Actually, while I'm all for a properly regulated free market, the fact that the MVNO market exists at all in the US without any government regulation came as a major surprise to me.
    The MVNO market is a fabrication created to help bolster the appearance of competition in the wireless market. As far as regulations go, the 800 lb gorilla is the wireless carriers which are highly unregulated. Verizon and AT&T (and their post telecom act predecessors) spent hundreds of millions of dollars at the federal and state level to ensure that the nascent and growing wireless market was unregulated, devoid of consumer protections, and to dismantle or otherwise render ineffective leftover telecom regs from the good ol POTS days. If anything, we should expect that MVNOs to be less regulated than their suppliers--as evidenced by the size of many of them and the ease & speed with which some have folded up shop and disappeared.

Feedback Score
    So half off AND extra data through May?

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    So, while I get your point, and agree that this isn't exactly a shining moment for H2O Wireless, the confusion over the current state of their plans is small potatoes compared with the issues that other deregulated communications industries.
    So true--and who knows what the future will bring with the demise of net neutrality...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbo64 View Post
    And the promo of 20GB for $50 is gone.
    Yeah, I'm now only showing 10GB available after my recharge last night. The $45 (post-auto-pay) price stayed the same.

Unfortunately, we did not receive key approvals in time to make an official announcement. We expect to have these by Tuesday 05/02/17.

So, @h2owireless, because my BOLT account didn't recharge until (its normal) 5/4, I now have 10GB fewer promo data?!

ETA: and now I see it's only 5GB at full LTE speeds then 5GB 3G-like speeds?! Damn ... it was nice while it lasted, but if this is the case it's time to switch
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kencrudup View Post
    Yeah, I'm now only showing 10GB available after my recharge last night. The $45 (post-auto-pay) price stayed the same.

So, @h2owireless, because my BOLT account didn't recharge until (its normal) 5/4, I now have 10GB fewer promo data?!

ETA: and now I see it's only 5GB at full LTE speeds then 5GB 3G-like speeds?! Damn ... it was nice while it lasted, but if this is the case it's time to switch
    This is exactly what I mean. I would rather have a downgraded plan that's consistent (at least I know exactly what I'm getting) than a plan that keeps on changing.

Inconsistencies like these will drive people nuts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune_VII View Post
    Inconsistencies like these will drive people nuts.
    To be more accurate, inconsistencies like these will drive a few people nuts. The vast majority of customers will either not notice, or will notice something is different, but will simply shrug and keep going. Inertia is a powerful force in the retail business world, and companies will often take advantage or it, even when it's down to their own incompetence.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast