Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: What happens after March 31?

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s 64gb/ Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2o Wireless/At7t Mvnos not capped
    Feedback Score
    I think I am going to switch to Go phone. $40 (with auto refill) for 6Gb--Iphone MMS support(my iphone doesn't get mms on h2o), Mobile Hotspot(h2o doesnt have this).Also Rollover Data. Also Go phone has a multi line discount $5 off 2nd line, $10 off 3rd line, $15 off 4th line, and $20 off 5th line.

Wow 5 lines Each 6GB is only $150, And its not a promotion from h2o
    https://www.att.com/att/gophone-mult...iscount/#legal

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by h2owireless View Post
    Thanks for your patience guys! I am trying to get some updates for you in the next day or so regarding our data promotion.

Ha! Noted, but h2o still offers 3GB for $27 and 8GB for $36 (autopay) with no silly throttling. Again, I'll give you guys an update soon!

"Next day or so". Or So...

Feedback Score
    Just used the chat, bad news guys...:

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    Thank you for contacting customer service, my name is Kim-H2o. How can I help you? 11:07

Mike:
    Hi, what happens after April 30 in 2 days on the phone plans? 11:09

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    I will be more than glad ot help you with this information. 11:10

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    After april 30 all the data balance it will be reduced. 11:11

Mike:
    This is confirmed? No more promotion? 11:12

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    For example the $30 is going to be reduced to 1Gb LTE data.

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    Yes, that is correct. In this case if we have another promotion we are going to let you know in our website.

Mike:
    So there is no more promotion on May 1st ? 11:14

H2OWIRELESS Kim-H2o:
    At the moment we do not have more promotion with the plans, we have a promotion of an Iphone7 for free.

Feedback Score
    I have tried with another agent, this is quite ambiguous... They just seemed to not know what happens on May 1st...

Jesus:
    Hi, what happens after April 30 in 2 days on the phone plans? 11:24

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    not sure what you mean 11:26

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    what is the phone number 11:26

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    would have to check the account 11:26

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    ahh I see 11:27

Jesus:
    This is a general inquiry. The current plans are a promotion until April 30th. 11:27

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    the promotion? 11:27

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    yes that is correct 11:27

Jesus:
    Yes, the data will stay, be more or be reduced on May 1st ? 11:27

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    as of right now the promotion ends April 30th 11:27

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    if the payment is processed before the promotion ends the data will stay on there 11:28

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    they will not remove if from a current active 11:28

Jesus:
    I understand. but do you plan to keep the promotion going on may 1st? or update the plans? 11:29

Jesus:
    ? 11:30

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    currently promo ends 4/30/17 11:32

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    It has not been announced if the promo will continue next monthy as of yet

Jesus:
    Ok so you don't have any insight? 11:34

Jesus:
    ? 11:35

H2OWIRELESS Michael:
    no nothing yet

Feedback Score
    You have done more than your fair share of "due diligence" in seeking a simple answer to thiis "time sensitive" issue.

THANK YOU tbo64 !

Feedback Score
    What am I missing? The website says 3gigs for $30. Why would H2O advertise that rate today if it is going to expire in 2 days? Or maybe it's only for new customers?? I admit I didn't try to read the super fine print.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid ($50 Plan)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrj54 View Post
    What am I missing? The website says 3gigs for $30. Why would H2O advertise that rate today if it is going to expire in 2 days? Or maybe it's only for new customers?? I admit I didn't try to read the super fine print.
    Maybe it is still being advertised today because if you apply the payment/refill PIN before April 30, then you can still have 3 GB for that price for the next 30 days of your plan period. So a person could receive/buy their SIM at the store today, refill, and enjoy that price and data allotment until the end of May. They can get a few more customers and there actually might be some people out there didn't know about the promo until the very last minute but are still interested and actually might not care about porting out again after 30 days.

I do get your point, though. And I wouldn't want to be a H2O CS rep next month. There are still so many people out there who don't know this is a promo and they will have to deal with a lot of "bait and switch" complaints. Yeah, people should read things more carefully but it's still going to happen. Hopefully H2O can do something within the next 2 days to avoid the drama but so far it doesn't look good!

Feedback Score
    I think it's blindingly obvious what's going to happen next month. Not one of the other major MVNOs is offering close to 3GB/month for $30 yet, so I can't see how H2O can continue to do so and remain profitable. Clearly their competitors don't feel under any pressure to match it.

My bet is that H2O will set their data allocations inline with those at Cricket: 1GB/3GB/8GB/12GB for $30/$40/$50/$60 perhaps with some tweaking of the data in plans $40 and higher. I would be really surprised if $30 is more than 1GB though.

There will be some whining from those who (for whatever reason) feel gypped by the loss of data, but I suspect H2O is banking on holding on to most of the new subscribers because other MVNOs aren't offering enough extra value to make it worth their while to switch companies. If customers can't do without their 3GB/month, then a simple switch to the $40 H2O plan is still the path of least resistance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    I think it's blindingly obvious what's going to happen next month. Not one of the other major MVNOs is offering close to 3GB/month for $30 yet, so I can't see how H2O can continue to do so and remain profitable. Clearly their competitors don't feel under any pressure to match it.

My bet is that H2O will set their data allocations inline with those at Cricket: 1GB/3GB/8GB/12GB for $30/$40/$50/$60 perhaps with some tweaking of the data in plans $40 and higher. I would be really surprised if $30 is more than 1GB though.

There will be some whining from those who (for whatever reason) feel gypped by the loss of data, but I suspect H2O is banking on holding on to most of the new subscribers because other MVNOs aren't offering enough extra value to make it worth their while to switch companies. If customers can't do without their 3GB/month, then a simple switch to the $40 H2O plan is still the path of least resistance.
    That is too much thinking for people like FoolForTheCity.

Feedback Score
    Honestly, if they roll back from 3 to 1GB it would be the first time H2O goes back like that with such difference. It has been months, if not years that H2O had always kept a Promo on going, with boosted Data. I really hope they either keep the promo going or keep the plans as the new regular plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

What happens after March 31?

Metro has 2gb for $30 so that may be an option for those who don't mind Tmo signal.

I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that H2O will offer 2gb. 2gb will be the new 1gb for $30 plan.

Device(s)
    Moto G4 (unlocked, rooted)
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red (post paid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitust View Post
    If customers can't do without their 3GB/month, then a simple switch to the $40 H2O plan is still the path of least resistance.
    Except that Gophone is $40/month on autopay for Unlimited T&T + 6GB Data with rollover. AT&T MVNO plans $40 and below are going to have to actually have added value, otherwise doesn't make much sense.

Device(s)
    Note 9, S7 Edge
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tbo64 View Post
    Honestly, if they roll back from 3 to 1GB it would be the first time H2O goes back like that with such difference. It has been months, if not years that H2O had always kept a Promo on going, with boosted Data. I really hope they either keep the promo going or keep the plans as the new regular plans.
    This. I really do hope also that they'll keep the plan as it is.

Carrier(s)
    H2O
    Feedback Score
    T minus 36 hours until the stated expiration date of this promotion, and the website is still mute about what happens after. I'm really beginning to believe they are about to close, just like enVie did.

Feedback Score
    Yes but that $30/2gigs is on T-Mobile, don't pretend that tmobiles network is on par with at&t. You know better.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast