Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Results 811 to 822 of 822

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

  1. #811
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Roanoke
    Posts
    215
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6s plus, Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint :(, Verizon 2009-2015, US Cellular 2006-2008
    Feedback Score
    0
    For about 2 years or so.. maybe just a year I have seen this pole and immediately suspected a small cell. Just recently I found it to be Verizon. I currently have ATT as my my main but have been testing Verizon out and am planning to come back after 4 years. This is in Roanoke VA.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  2. #812
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    212
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonavillicana View Post
    We’re you ever able to find out about Woodland Hills


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no i never did find out about woodland hills. i forgot all about it LOL. though i noticed some tin cans going on telephone poles in panorama city yuk!!! i'll have to take a picture next time i am passing through there!!! i am sure they belong to verizon...

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    So 5g or 4g small cell? It isn't active yet as I wasn't picking anything up off it. There's literally one of these on every single block?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    2,328
    Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility & Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtgt View Post
    So 5g or 4g small cell? It isn't active yet as I wasn't picking anything up off it. There's literally one of these on every single block?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    4G LTE. Though, 5G radios and equipment can always be added.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Bentley



    AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    4G LTE. Though, 5G radios and equipment can always be added.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, my question I'm curious about is lte can transmit further why are they on every block? I feel like 4g they could get away with staggering the blocks?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    615
    Feedback Score
    0
    What do Verizon small cells look like in NYC? They say 5G is being added tomorrow.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5,127
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTENetwork View Post
    What do Verizon small cells look like in NYC? They say 5G is being added tomorrow.


    This is outside msg , the white panel on the left is a 28 GHz panel.

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,306
    Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwtgt View Post
    Interesting, my question I'm curious about is lte can transmit further why are they on every block? I feel like 4g they could get away with staggering the blocks?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Simply for capacity. In a real high traffic area they'll just turn the power way down and put sites up every block.



    Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

  9. #819
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,838
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hanco utilities is digging below one of Verizon’s recently installed small cells here. Likely for fiber. Probably trying to get it on air in time for holiday shopping.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

    Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

  10. #820
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    475
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I posted back Aug about all the small cells VZ put up in south Denver metro, but they're still not on. I did some digging and they were applied for over a year ago, approved back in Jan/Feb. Not sure what the holdup is to switching them on. The spacing is interesting because a lot of them are only about 1/2 to 3/4 mi apart. This area is heavy residential, not urban.

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    2,077
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile and Airalo)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jfr3021 View Post
    I posted back Aug about all the small cells VZ put up in south Denver metro, but they're still not on. I did some digging and they were applied for over a year ago, approved back in Jan/Feb. Not sure what the holdup is to switching them on. The spacing is interesting because a lot of them are only about 1/2 to 3/4 mi apart. This area is heavy residential, not urban.
    Perhaps waiting for fiber feeds? AT&T's only small cell here so far took about 6 months to go live after it appeared to be done. VZW has no small cells here yet.
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

  12. #822
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    475
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoWirelessGuru View Post
    Perhaps waiting for fiber feeds? AT&T's only small cell here so far took about 6 months to go live after it appeared to be done. VZW has no small cells here yet.
    Could be. I read this morning there is one more site they are building in the south side of the area. I wonder if they are getting them all built at once so they can calibrate them working unison?

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-14-2016, 12:56 AM
  2. Verizon Small Cell deployment
    By panjun1973 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
  4. Verizon T720 Cell Phone Firmware Or Wait?
    By JonathanF in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2002, 12:58 PM
  5. I am taking Verizon small claims court
    By timhorton1998 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2002, 12:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks