Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Small Cell/oDAS Thread

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I've been noticed the small cells around Louisville KY recently getting another antenna and cabinet added to them. Any ideas what it's for? I can't tell if its additional Verizon equipment or another carrier piggybacking off the same pole.Name:  20190506_114953.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  72.0 KBName:  20190506_115212.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  35.0 KB

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I am guessing that they are colocating multiple carriers on the same street light, but I don't really know for sure.

Separate question: how do we know when a given small cell node comes online? VZW has recently built out many small cells in Portland, ME (including one right outside my office) but I'm still getting lousy download speeds.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkdave View Post
    I am guessing that they are colocating multiple carriers on the same street light, but I don't really know for sure.

Separate question: how do we know when a given small cell node comes online? VZW has recently built out many small cells in Portland, ME (including one right outside my office) but I'm still getting lousy download speeds.
    Have to wait for E911 and local government clearance before they can officially be turned on-air. Typically, this ranges between 4-8 weeks.
    -Bentley

5-carrier aggregation with LAA (4+46+46+46+66) in Oklahoma City, OK on AT&T's commercial network

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkdave View Post

Typically carriers don't colocate on the same pole unless it's a neutral host system. Too many variables for mulitple small cells on one pole.

As for the nodes they could either be part of an oDAS network or perhaps either the Telco backhaul and/or power company is taking it's sweet time getting to that site.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Verizon has recently applied for 9 C-RAN nodes in my area, putting them 18 small cells ahead of AT&T... who has 0.

Verizon's grid, yellow dots being planned nodes, red dots being active nodes, red pins being macro cells, the star site being a massive MIMO or at least a high capacity antenna:

AT&T's grid, no nodes planned, the star sites being a 6 sector macro site and an iDAS, and the blue pins being macro sites:

AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    anyone know where i can find info on when they plan to roll out the 5G in certain areas. verizon has no clue when there rolling it out in an area i am interested in or there keeping it secret lol

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T LTE
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    anyone know where i can find info on when they plan to roll out the 5G in certain areas. verizon has no clue when there rolling it out in an area i am interested in or there keeping it secret lol
    Your local city permits will tell you
    Two great smartphone apps to find cell towers and map actual coverage areas
    1. Cellmapper
    2. OpenSignal
    If You're With AT&T Wireless as your Cell Provider, Use the "AT&T Mark The Spot App" to report an issues with your service, like, no connection, slow speeds, no coverage, drop calls...etc

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    What city/cities?

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    What city/cities?
    henderson NV
    portsmouth NH
    woodland hills ca

Device(s)
    HTC ONE M9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by JimMcGraff View Post
    No, that site is going to be built. It's just a matter of when.
    Quote Originally Posted by operasam View Post
    Last June VZW along with Sprint, T-Mobile and & AT&T were granted permission by The Village of Ridgewood in northeast NJ (Bergen County) to co locate on a new macro site near Route 17 at 601 Franklin Turnpike in Northeast Ridgewood. This new site is to be a replacement for an old monopole owned by Sprint. The deadline is three months away to take down the old monopole (and a COW that was placed there by AT&T) and complete the new site but work has yet to begin. I wonder if the 130 ft. macro antenna has been scrapped in favor of small cells. We certainly need help in this suburban area 15 miles from Manhattan. Indoor voice coverage is weak and data access is virtually unusable
    Here it is 2 years later & the new "Phoney Tree" monopole is built in the Ridgewood NJ site ...
    Verizon does not yet seem to be "on" however ....
    Anyone have Vz info regarding this site??
    "I'm All In!"

Device(s)
    Apple IPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T LTE
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    So I've been noticed the small cells around Louisville KY recently getting another antenna and cabinet added to them. Any ideas what it's for? I can't tell if its additional Verizon equipment or another carrier piggybacking off the same pole.Name:  20190506_114953.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  72.0 KBName:  20190506_115212.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  35.0 KB

Isn’t that kinda mounted too low to the ground
    Someone could reach it easily and damage

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hdtvtechno View Post
    Isn’t that kinda mounted too low to the ground
    Someone could reach it easily and damage
    Its higher up than in looks. The road next to it is higher than where the pole sits. At least for those everything is inside something. Some of ours look like these:Name:  Screenshot_20190525-093532_Gallery.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  36.5 KBName:  20190520_125925.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  97.8 KB

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mdob07 View Post
    Its higher up than in looks. The road next to it is higher than where the pole sits. At least for those everything is inside something. Some of ours look like these:Name:  Screenshot_20190525-093532_Gallery.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  36.5 KBName:  20190520_125925.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  97.8 KB

Apparently I was thinking of another spot, now that I look at the picture you are correct. Its does look low. At least it's in a locked cabinet.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is the first 5G node in Pittsburgh located at the intersection of Schenley Drive Extension and Forbes Ave. It is directed at the Schenley square park across from hillman library at the University of Pittsburgh. Any idea if this is in fact Verizon or could it be AT&T.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yBy9jpe

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max, Pixel 3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint (via Google Fi), AT&T (via Red Pocket Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think that since all the carriers are using similar equipment on small cells, and most omni antennas are covered with shrouds, the best way to identify the carrier from here on will be to get pictures of the electrical panel or other equipment near the base of the pole. I’ve seen where sites have carrier specific site identifiers near the base.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    Check out my Reno Area Wireless Information & Cellular Guide website for cell site location maps, pictures & more https://RenoWirelessInfo.com

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast