Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Results 1,246 to 1,257 of 1257

Thread: Check out this AT&T Home Phone and Rural Internet offer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    The MF279 is about $65 used on eBay, adds LTE Bands 30 & 66 (the fastest frequencies, B30 is nationwide), latest firmware patches KRACK vulnerability, and a much more stable firmware. Not to mention two external antenna ports with no hackery.

Edit: Oh and the bump from LTE Cat 4 to LTE Cat 12 and 3x Carrier Aggregation - no biggie.

I cannot advise anyone use the Z700 in good conscience at this point. With some of the rumblings I'm hearing, I'd lock in an upgraded IMEI while you can (pardon the vagueness, but I'd rather be vague than hysterical or fearmongering - so please don't PM me either about it).
    I have the Z700 now. If I buy one of the used MF279s on EBay, can I simply put the simcard from the Z700 into the MF279 or do I need another simcard from AT&T?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    I have the Z700 now. If I buy one of the used MF279s on EBay, can I simply put the simcard from the Z700 into the MF279 or do I need another simcard from AT&T?
    The MF279 needs a new SIM card because it's nano-SIM and the Z700A is micro-SIM. You can get it replaced free at a corporate AT&T store or buy a SIM card and call it in.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    The MF279 needs a new SIM card because it's nano-SIM and the Z700A is micro-SIM. You can get it replaced free at a corporate AT&T store or buy a SIM card and call it in.
    Thanks for the info.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmccorm View Post
    I have a spare homebase (1st version) you cant just transfer your sim between the two either

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    The MF279 is about $65 used on eBay, adds LTE Bands 30 & 66 (the fastest frequencies, B30 is nationwide), latest firmware patches KRACK vulnerability, and a much more stable firmware. Not to mention two external antenna ports with no hackery.

Edit: Oh and the bump from LTE Cat 4 to LTE Cat 12 and 3x Carrier Aggregation - no biggie.

I cannot advise anyone use the Z700 in good conscience at this point. With some of the rumblings I'm hearing, I'd lock in an upgraded IMEI while you can (pardon the vagueness, but I'd rather be vague than hysterical or fearmongering - so please don't PM me either about it).
    Can the upgraded version be used with just one antenna? I use one antenna with z700. I need to use an antenna for a stable connection

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmrick View Post
    I have a spare homebase (1st version) you cant just transfer your sim between the two either
    Yes you can. It's just the the MF279 the SIM is too big to fit in it. You either need to cut it or get a new SIM.

Can the upgraded version be used with just one antenna? I use one antenna with z700. I need to use an antenna for a stable connection
    One antenna will be fine, you may lose MIMO and have a reduction in theoretical top speed if it's available. So you'll remain the same speed you're getting currently.

Device(s)
    LG VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't able to either and when I called a CS they told me they have to update in their system to switch.

I bought a barely used MF279 on ebay and am so much happier with it than the 700. It gets speeds closer to the Unite Explore on my other line. The 700 was always much slower. I took it into a Corp store and had them put the sim in and set up the line making sure they didn't do anything to the plan.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info... now what to do?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
    I wasn't able to either and when I called a CS they told me they have to update in their system to switch.
    I have a spare too swapped SIM after modding it to test it since I got it used. This was a little more than a year and a half ago. Haven't swapped since.

Edit: crap, didn't notice that this was the rural thread. With this plan you couldnt swap. I had switched to unlimited plus and was able to swap just to make sure the unit worked.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
    I have a spare too swapped SIM after modding it to test it since I got it used. This was a little more than a year and a half ago. Haven't swapped since.

Edit: crap, didn't notice that this was the rural thread. With this plan you couldnt swap. I had switched to unlimited plus and was able to swap just to make sure the unit worked.
    You may need a trouble ticket, but it can be done. Over the phone SIM swaps are getting more difficult because of security (PIN hijacking fraud).

If they won't do it over the phone, go to a corporate store and if they can't do it on their system - they need to call and open a trouble ticket.

If you need a reason, just say you are having coverage issues recently and want to try deploying a customer-owned MF279 to fix them.

Device(s)
    LG VX9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the info... now what to do?
    I am much happier with the newer version FWIW.

Device(s)
    i205
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Recent issue that I can't correct....

Homebase setup screen... connected devices always shows zero now and the about screen is blank (which I use for the signal strength testing to point outside antenna.

Besides that the homebase working great for me no issues
    Weirdest thing... Took homebase camping and no issues with the blank screens. Back home again and those two screens are blank. Could the tower at home have anything to do with the blank screens?

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84