Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    I don't use cases but I don't have an iphone either. I used my Note 7 case less and that was a pretty expensive phone. I scratched the glass on my Note 5 so when I get the S8+ I will probably use a screen protector.
    I didn't used to use cases but for some reason I got droppy in the last few years and got tired of paying to have screens replaced.

At any rate, who cares if it gets some tiny scratches or whatever, it looks awesome and as you said, feels great to hold.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    I looked at the jet black 7 on display at Best Buy after it had been out 5 months and it really wasn't too bad, even the spots where people intentionally tried scratching it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the warning was a CYA from Apple so people wouldn't complain or try to sue them if it happened. At any rate, if people aren't buying them because they're afraid of scratches that's just dumb.

Feedback Score
    I looked at the jet black 7 on display at Best Buy after it had been out 5 months and it really wasn't too bad, even the spots where people intentionally tried scratching it.
    I wonder what would happen if you used superfine steel wool to polish it.

https://www.window-cleaning-supply.c...ynthetic-each/

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

"Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the warning was a CYA from Apple so people wouldn't complain or try to sue them if it happened. At any rate, if people aren't buying them because they're afraid of scratches that's just dumb.
    What do you think about Verizon offering unlimited again? I assume you're happy where you are but just curious. And have you seen any improvements to cell density where you are at? (Assuming you're still able to test). Almost everywhere I go seems to have good coverage.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    What do you think about Verizon offering unlimited again? I assume you're happy where you are but just curious. And have you seen any improvements to cell density where you are at? (Assuming you're still able to test). Almost everywhere I go seems to have good coverage.
    I've seen a little improvement in density. They're killing it out by you in the city and northern Lake County, IN but a lot of the little problem areas I know of out in NWI (mostly east of 65 and south of 30) still exist.

All in all it's nice to know unlimited is an option again should I ever really need it, since I dropped my original UDP last year, but I really have no need for it.

I've actually been back on Verizon since around Christmas, with 2 lines on an 8GB plan with "2GB bonus data for life" and still have had roughly 5GB left over in the two billing cycles since then. It would cost nearly $50 more a month to get unlimited (including losing my discount) so it's just not worth it considering I still have my T-Mobile line going as a secondary waiting to see if Band 12 helps the in building coverage in any of the areas I frequent.

I assume I'll see some congestion ease on that line and a little more on the VZW line pretty soon here!

Feedback Score
    I have one. It's really blown out of proportion, especially since literally everyone keeps a $1000 phone in a case.

No scratches to speak of on mine yet (~3 months) but it's a phone, you use it, it gets scratches, who cares. It's not a Mercedes Benz, it's a cell phone.
    Certainly not everyone, let alone literally everyone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've seen a little improvement in density. They're killing it out by you in the city and northern Lake County, IN but a lot of the little problem areas I know of out in NWI (mostly east of 65 and south of 30) still exist.
    I'm curious to where exactly, I've been driving around that area lately hunting down cell sites and was very surprised at how good the density is in and around Valpo. Lake of the four seasons has two sites north and south of it and a new one going up northeast of it. South of there around Leroy off of 231 was weak though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Nice!
    Thank you! At 71GB right now and my 6 simultaneous downloads are sharing about 5MBps (my home small cell is backhaul limited to about 50Mbps.) I'll keep everyone posted, but I'm SURE this is an error and they'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Wow, so it's unlimited full speed on hotspots/jetpacks.
    I'm sure this is not how it's supposed to be (aka the 10GB @ LTE speed then unlimited 3G speed @ 600Kbps), but for now I'm gonna stress test it. Maybe till I pass 200GB

From reddit:
    I saw! I'm glad there's a comprehensive list. Another BBYM employee probably posted that from ETK's promo guides. I wasn't at work today so I was unable to get specific promo info.

What's up with that? No one wants the Jet Black?
    Honestly, I haven't seen many people go for that finish.

Good idea, you can have a spare.
    Yup! It's a win-win! The customer spends less $ & gets a spare dongle, and despite the sale being a lower $ amount, the BBY store gets a kickback for unit attach, which is better for the stores numbers then the extra $ made WITHOUT the 25% off promo applied.

They used to let you put the gift cards from the trade in (not the gift cards for buying the phone) towards the DPP. Don't they let you do that any more?
    Yes. Voluntary down payments are taken in BBY POS, at the register, so any form of tender can be used that the POS register accepts. Store credit, BBY GC, BBY Points Certificates, etc.

However, BBY GC's given with the sale of the phone are given AFTER the transaction is paid. For anyone who remembers, BBY GC's with phones used to be printouts. People would loose them #1 and #2 there was no way to account for them if you returned the phone. Now if you return a phone the GC $ amount is due back.

The AT&T iPhone 7/7+ won't work on Verizon unless it was purchased at Best Buy, Target or Walmart, then it will work on Verizon if you get it unlocked.
    I was talking about his older iPhone 6 models, but yes, that's correct.

Our display phone is nice but every time I see a customer go caseless, the phone gets f***** recked! I actually sold a BRAND NEW iPhone 7+ Jet Black the other day and when taking the plastic off, noticed a tiny "micro abrasion" *coughSCRATCHcough* on the back of the phone from the factory!

It's a difficult finish to keep clean. I've scratched it simply by putting it in some cases.
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Yes. Voluntary down payments are taken in BBY POS, at the register, so any form of tender can be used that the POS register accepts. Store credit, BBY GC, BBY Points Certificates, etc.
    You can use BB rewards certs towards a down payment on a DPP?

However, BBY GC's given with the sale of the phone are given AFTER the transaction is paid.
    But you could do a trade in first and get a gift card. Then use the trade in gift card towards the downpayment.

For anyone who remembers, BBY GC's with phones used to be printouts. People would loose them #1 and #2 there was no way to account for them if you returned the phone. Now if you return a phone the GC $ amount is due back.
    I have mostly ordered online from BB. They email me the gift cards. How are the BB gift cards given in store, physical cards?

Feedback Score
    Thank you! At 71GB right now and my 6 simultaneous downloads are sharing about 5MBps (my home small cell is backhaul limited to about 50Mbps.) I'll keep everyone posted, but I'm SURE this is an error and they'll fix it.

I'm sure this is not how it's supposed to be (aka the 10GB @ LTE speed then unlimited 3G speed @ 600Kbps), but for now I'm gonna stress test it. Maybe till I pass 200GB

I saw! I'm glad there's a comprehensive list. Another BBYM employee probably posted that from ETK's promo guides. I wasn't at work today so I was unable to get specific promo info.

Honestly, I haven't seen many people go for that finish.

Yup! It's a win-win! The customer spends less $ & gets a spare dongle, and despite the sale being a lower $ amount, the BBY store gets a kickback for unit attach, which is better for the stores numbers then the extra $ made WITHOUT the 25% off promo applied.

However, BBY GC's given with the sale of the phone are given AFTER the transaction is paid. For anyone who remembers, BBY GC's with phones used to be printouts. People would loose them #1 and #2 there was no way to account for them if you returned the phone. Now if you return a phone the GC $ amount is due back.

I was talking about his older iPhone 6 models, but yes, that's correct.

Our display phone is nice but every time I see a customer go caseless, the phone gets f***** recked! I actually sold a BRAND NEW iPhone 7+ Jet Black the other day and when taking the plastic off, noticed a tiny "micro abrasion" *coughSCRATCHcough* on the back of the phone from the factory!

It's a difficult finish to keep clean. I've scratched it simply by putting it in some cases.
    Ok my 3 iPhone 6 / 6 plus' will work in VZW and they are unlocked. The iPhone 7 won't.

What's the best way to capitalize switching since I have 3 unlocked devices and 1 I'll need a VZW iPhone 7. Via Best Buy or VZW corporate Store?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Ok my 3 iPhone 6 / 6 plus' will work in VZW and they are unlocked. The iPhone 7 won't.

What's the best way to capitalize switching since I have 3 unlocked devices and 1 I'll need a VZW iPhone 7. Via Best Buy or VZW corporate Store?
    I would try the trade-in deal for a free iPhone 7, going on right now.

http://fortune.com/2017/02/13/verizo...nlimited-data/
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score

What device are you using? Is it running stock firmware?

I am curious as the 3G throttling may be tied to the Verizon hotspot tattler function on Verizon-certified devices (as well as iPhone, Nexus and Pixel).

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandfathered View Post
    Attachment 148920the throttling is real. Be aware.
    Omg is anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    You have to request the unlock before you port or att can't do it if the phones don't have service with att any longer.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    If there is no Balance on the phone att.com will unlock it. No account or service needed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    Omg is anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow, and vzw says throttle speeds to 3G,those speeds are no where close to their "3G" speeds of 600kb...t-mobiles 2G is 0.10Mbps also after 22GB u will be throttle for the rest of ur billing cycle...there unlimited plan doesnt look all that good for real unlimited users, sure 22GB might be good for most ppl but for those who likes to stream movies/tv shows (like me) doesnt think this is a good deal....

Page 42 of 71 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast