Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhau001 View Post
    Why nobody talking about the ridiculous hidden $30 per line activation fee? Will costs me $150 for 5 lines just to join. Stupid.
    Seems like most people are changing plans rather than moving over to Verizon from somewhere else.

Have you talked to Verizon to see if they might be offering some deals to join on the new unlimited plans where the activation fees are waived (and perhaps you can even get something else like credit for phones or something like that)?

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1487040340.667195.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  66.2 KB
    I still hold on my legacy unlimited data even I can get unlimited talk and text with a new UDP plan (my current plan has 450 talk and 1000 text, which is enough for me). But I'm ok if they will convert me to new udp plan because I mostly use 16 Gb/month. Or what do you think?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dhau001 View Post
    Why nobody talking about the ridiculous hidden $30 per line activation fee? Will costs me $150 for 5 lines just to join. Stupid.
    Been around for awhile so no need to talk about it. All of the other postpaid carriers charge it too.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Don't let go of your legacy unlimited data plans unless you absolutely have to. It will be INVALUABLE to be able to use as much 5G data as you want, IN ANY DEVICE YOU WANT, including hotspots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnnj1977 View Post
    I still hold on my legacy unlimited data even I can get unlimited talk and text with a new UDP plan (my current plan has 450 talk and 1000 text, which is enough for me). But I'm ok if they will convert me to new udp plan because I mostly use 16 Gb/month. Or what do you think?
    Do you need any of the international features?

Also you would get $5 discount on the new UDP for autopay/paperless billing.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Don't let go of your legacy unlimited data plans unless you absolutely have to. It will be INVALUABLE to be able to use as much 5G data as you want, IN ANY DEVICE YOU WANT, including hotspots.
    Could Verizon come back and say 5G services requires everyone to opt into new plans? Just asking, I'm not sure.
    Carrier History:
    Verizon Wireless 3/2019 -
    AT&T 12/2017 - 3/2019
    Verizon Wireless 8/2016 - 12/2017
    T-Mobile 4/2016 - 8/2016
    AT&T (formally Cingular) 12/2001 - 4/2016

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Doubt they will allow that plan to be compatible with 5g. They should learn their lesson when they made the 3g udp compatible with 4g.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WiredGuy View Post
    Doubt they will allow that plan to be compatible with 5g. They should learn their lesson when they made the 3g udp compatible with 4g.
    Verizon made UDP compatible with 4G because it was simply in their best interest. 4G is more spectrally efficient, and they want to shut down 3G so that they can refarm its spectrum. For those same reasons, they're going to want to migrate everyone to 5G as quickly as possible, including the legacy UDP users.

Feedback Score

"Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Do you need any of the international features?

Also you would get $5 discount on the new UDP for autopay/paperless billing.
    I go to Canada (like Toronto or Montreal once a year) and visit Japan and Thailand every 2 years (I use my local SIM card when I stay there) so I would say I don't really need it. $5 discount doesn't apply with me because I use credit card for my auto pay but I can switch to deduct on my checking account if I really need to. Looks like a new plan is very tempting to me.

Nostaldia - thank you for your input, I will wait couple weeks to see any hiccups on new plan then I will switch over if nothing bad happens.
    Last edited by wynnnj1977; 02-13-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Verizon made UDP compatible with 4G because it was simply in their best interest. 4G is more spectrally efficient, and they want to shut down 3G so that they can refarm its spectrum. For those same reasons, they're going to want to migrate everyone to 5G as quickly as possible, including the legacy UDP users.
    It's a good bet that legacy UDP will be gone soon. With the new plans, they've paved a nice ditch to throw them in to in order to make people not freak out. For sure will be gone by the 5G days, as no phones are compatible at the moment, and unlikely to be able to throw old sims into new compatible devices.

Feedback Score
    3G UDP could be converted to 4G UDP for a short time but it was inherently incompatible due to the change in technology 3G did not use a sim card 4G did and you had to have verizon's assistance to switch.

5G equipment is virtually guaranteed to still be sim based so that shouldn't be a problem unless all the 5G equipment is esim only.

I'm sure verizon could come up with some way to do it if they wanted.

What I want to know is: Is this the end of their war on UDP or will we be left alone now that they have a new UDP plan?
    When can I use my T1114 again?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    It's a good bet that legacy UDP will be gone soon. With the new plans, they've paved a nice ditch to throw them in to in order to make people not freak out. For sure will be gone by the 5G days, as no phones are compatible at the moment, and unlikely to be able to throw old sims into new compatible devices.
    *eyeroll* People have been predicting the end of the legacy Verizon UDPs for six years now. It's a tired refrain. They're not going anywhere, but Verizon MIGHT continue putting more restrictions on them.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Please answer my questions if you want help.
    I did answer your question.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    I did answer your question.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    No you didn't. Please go back and answer my questions if you want help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    3G UDP could be converted to 4G UDP for a short time but it was inherently incompatible due to the change in technology 3G did not use a sim card 4G did and you had to have verizon's assistance to switch.

5G equipment is virtually guaranteed to still be sim based so that shouldn't be a problem unless all the 5G equipment is esim only.

I'm sure verizon could come up with some way to do it if they wanted.

What I want to know is: Is this the end of their war on UDP or will we be left alone now that they have a new UDP plan?
    When can I use my T1114 again?
    I went back to using my T1114 little over a month ago, no issues so far. My question is can I take off the MHS now?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast