Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrk9017 View Post
    I called VZW customer service last night to make the change after talking to my wife and they told me to "wait until tomorrow" as the plans would be much better for me. Turns out the 12GB plan is gone, and the unlimited plan will cost $10 more per month than where I was. I'm really annoyed, as 8GB won't work for me, as I average 8.5GB of data per month.
    Call and see if they can give you 2GB of bonus data for life for each of your lines.

Feedback Score
    I pay separate for texting and my data plan is $49.99.

Feedback Score
    One other thought - would it be better to wait and switch until after his contract is up next month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AspenQn View Post
    I pay separate for texting and my data plan is $49.99.
    So right now you pay $40/mo for 450 min, $10/mo for 1000 texts and $50/mo for UDP? Do you get any employer or other discount?

Feedback Score
    One other thought - would it be better to wait and switch until after his contract is up next month?
    It's $40/mo LA until he goes off contract. So a single line UDP with auto pay discount would be $100/mo until he goes off contract. Taxes and fees are on top of that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Call and see if they can give you 2GB of bonus data for life for each of your lines.
    They can try but the bonus data is already gone.

Feedback Score
    So right now you pay $40/mo for 450 min, $10/mo for 1000 texts and $50/mo for UDP? Do you get any employer or other discount?
    8% courtesy discount for being long term VZW customer. My portion of bill is approx $95.

I have held on to my plan because of an upcoming move to a rural area with crappy internet for next year or so until fiber broadband goes in for home internet. Wasn't sure if I might use my phone most of time or put my plan to use as hotspot.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus - VZW 128GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Why hello old friend....
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
    Speaking only for myself, and I am unanimous in this... I have a T-Mobile Unlimited Data Plan with 5 GB a month of MHS/Tethering Mode usage. In October, T-Mobile throttled MHS/Tethering Mode usage on virtually ALL of their plans to a max speed of 512 kbps down and up, and that's at ALL TIMES. There's never a time when you can get any speeds higher than that, in order "to optimize the on-device experience for their subscribers". About once a month, I would use my MHS mode on my phone to provide internet for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 for a little while. When T-Mo made the change, it was only supposed to be on the One Plan(s), but they applied the throttling to my older, grandfathered-in plan as well. And at 512 kbps OR LESS, my Galaxy Tab S is UNUSABLE for web browsing, let alone anything more data intensive than pulling up a web page.

So from now on, when I'm in the situations where I used to use the MHS Mode on my T-Mobile phone, I will now need to carry either my VZW AC791L Jetpack, or my VZW Galaxy S5 w/ unblocked MHS Mode, and use my grandfathered-in VZW UDP line instead. I can definitely do that, it just makes for an extra device that I have to carry with me now.
    I wonder if that was due to the way T-Mo set up their proxies for throttling? When I used up my data on VZW and had gone into Safety Mode at 128kbps, I was able to still use Facebook, Twitter, and get emails. I guess that's why I'm optimistic about 600kbps on VZW. But I guess the only way to tell is to burn through 10GB tethering
    Hi, my name is Joey and Im addicted to cell phones...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    They can try but the bonus data is already gone.
    That sucks.

Feedback Score
    I have held on to my plan because of an upcoming move to a rural area with crappy internet for next year or so until fiber broadband goes in for home internet. Wasn't sure if I might use my phone most of time or put my plan to use as hotspot.
    Is your phone number eligible for port out to Google Voice? If so, I would move your husband's line to a subaccount and then add a line for you. If you want to get a new phone with one of the promotional trade in deals for port ins, then you can create a GoPhone line and port that in to get a deal on a phone. At that point you will have this:

Subaccount 1

L1: NW 450 UDP

Subaccount 2

L2: new UDP (husband's number)

L3: new UDP

At this point you can call 611 and say cancel and have them move L1 to the $15/mo 30 minute Loyalty plan - search the Master Code thread for the plan code. Then do the Google Voice trick for $20 and port L1's number to GV, change the number on L1 before 24 hours are up and then forward the GV number to L3. Since you changed the phone number on L1, it will not terminate. Then you will have this:

Subaccount 1 = $65/mo

L1: $15/mo Loyalty plan (new number)

Subaccount 2 = $140/mo

L3: new UDP <---- GV number forwarded

You can then suspend L1 with reduced billing for $10/mo until you decide what you want to do with the line. On the first day of the next billing cycle after you ported to GV, you can port the GV number back into L3 by calling 1-866-881-7165.

Subaccount 2's bill will be $160/mo until your husband goes off contract, then it will be $140/mo with the autopay discount.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 10+, iPhone XR, iPhone 7, iPhone SE & Netgear Nighthawk LTE hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I am trying to figure out how much this would be for me if I went to Verizon.

I currently have the following devices:

1. iPhone 5 (out of contract)
    2. iPhone 6 (in contact with around $200 left)
    3. LG V20 (out of contract, bought off swappa).

Does Verizon buy all your phones for trade in, or only the first phone? I saw I could trade in the LG one and get almost $700 in credits for it. But not sure on the others. The iPhone 6 supposedly can work on Verizon too, I just have to get it unlocked some how. The iPhone 5 I think is done.

So, I am assuming this will cost me this:

$80 +20 for the first line LG V20 or Google Pixel, then $20 for the iPhone 6, then $20 for a new iPhone 7 to replace the 5. So $80+20+20+20= $140 + cost of new iPhone 7, maybe $27ish....

$167 + taxes right?

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile responded

Starting Fri, #TMobileONE price includes HD video & 10GB high-speed ��hotspot data –all at no extra charge. AND taxes & fees are included! Already have #TMobileONE? You get all of this starting on Friday. It’s all in your @tmobile app for free. #POW And, how about a little promo to make it EVEN MORE compelling?! $100 for two lines on #TMobileONE ALL IN.

Feedback Score
    Is your phone number eligible for port out to Google Voice? If so, I would move your husband's line to a subaccount and then add a line for you. If you want to get a new phone with one of the promotional trade in deals for port ins, then you can create a GoPhone line and port that in to get a deal on a phone. At that point you will have this:

Subaccount 1

L1: NW 450 UDP

Subaccount 2

L3: new UDP

At this point you can call 611 and say cancel and have them move L1 to the $15/mo 30 minute Loyalty plan - search the Master Code thread for the plan code. Then do the Google Voice trick for $20 and port L1's number to GV, change the number on L1 before 24 hours are up and then forward the GV number to L3. Since you changed the phone number on L1, it will not terminate. Then you will have this:

Subaccount 1 = $65/mo

L1: $15/mo Loyalty plan (new number)

Subaccount 2 = $140/mo

L3: new UDP <---- GV number forwarded

You can then suspend L1 with reduced billing for $10/mo until you decide what you want to do with the line. On the first day of the next billing cycle after you ported to GV, you can port the GV number back into L3 by calling 1-866-881-7165.

Subaccount 2's bill will be $160/mo until your husband goes off contract, then it will be $140/mo with the autopay discount.
    This my friend is a lot to take in mentally. I do not have a clue if my number can be ported out to Google Voice on which this whole scenario is based. How do I determine eligibility to port?

Feedback Score
    Aside from that bonus data offer probably being gone at this point, didn't that really only apply if you got a new line or upgraded a line (vs. simply just having X number of lines on your plan and getting bonus data for those simply for already having those lines and being on the new Verizon plan)?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RussPath03 View Post
    So I am trying to figure out how much this would be for me if I went to Verizon.

I currently have the following devices:

1. iPhone 5 (out of contract)
    2. iPhone 6 (in contact with around $200 left)
    3. LG V20 (out of contract, bought off swappa).

Does Verizon buy all your phones for trade in, or only the first phone?
    Is L2 on contract or was the iPhone 6 financed? What carrier are you with now?

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast