Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast

Thread: "Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Not so good about corporate discounts not being applicable, if that turns out to be the case.
    It is the case. The reps on r/verizon are quoting from InfoManager.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    It's been confusing when seeing things like this:
    The reps on /r/verizon are quoting from InfoManager.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5, iPad 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you currently have a monthly trade-in discount on a DPP, will that continue if you switch plans?

Feedback Score

"Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Something doesn't sound right. How are they getting away with de-prioritized data when they fall under the FCC rules and not offering unlimited MHS.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    Something doesn't sound right. How are they getting away with de-prioritized data when they fall under the FCC rules?
    Maybe they think the Trump administration will be more lenient in its enforcement of the 2008 FCC agreement than the Obama administration was.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Something doesn't sound right. How are they getting away with de-prioritized data when they fall under the FCC rules?
    Probably because de-prioritzing isn't always throttling, your speeds could be reduced if the network is congested, plus verizon needs lte more than the other networks because VoLTE can't fall back to CDMA, if they don't prioritize the voice users the data users could cause voice calls to drop, de-priotizing is for network reliability.
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot since 05/2016

Feedback Score

"Unlimited. You asked. We answered." New vzw.com teaser

Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Maybe they think the Trump administration will be more lenient in its enforcement of the 2008 FCC agreement than the Obama administration was.
    I understand that but they tried to do that with grandfathered UDP plans and it didn't work.

Does that mean they can implement that with grandfathered UDP's? I would think so.

Feedback Score
    Remember the issue last time was SELECTIVE THROTTLING of off contract consumer UDP lines if you were in the top 5% of data users and that was at that time anyone who used greater than 4.7GB/mo. The FCC said no to that because it was based not on network considerations but rather on the amount of money you paid per GB.

There was no plausible argument that it was due to network congestion or other network considerations, it was simply based on optimizing profits. It was throttling, not deprioritization.

Feedback Score
    I understand that but they tried to do that with grandfathered UDP plans and it didn't work.
    No, that wasn't what they tried to do before. See my post above.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Does that mean they can implement that with grandfathered UDP's? I would think so.
    Hmm. Perhaps the difference lies in the fact that THIS unlimited data plan is sold FROM THE START as including deprioritization — legacy UDPs were sold under the premise that they would always operate at full speed, so starting to deprioritize existing customers could be legally different.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
    Few people bashing tmobile now but if it weren't for legere we would've been paying $100 a month for 1 gb of data. You guys better thanks tmobile and their uncarrier moves that forced att and verizon to compete.
    Actually Sprint's Boost Mobile first came out with unlimited plans several years ago and it's been a rocky road getting to the here and now with consumers. Postpaid took their sweet time to get with the program but they are ALL on board now.

I heard on the street that LeGere is being held at a local psychiatric facility - straitjacket - haldol - the whole 9. He's voluntary right now but when he catches wind the Verizon and Sprint are tying up it's expected that LeGere will be moved to a private room where his expected outbursts will be more easily controlled. Massive dosages of haldahl - a chemical straitjacket till he can fitted for a real one.

All Jokes aside LeGerre myst have realized this was possible so I look for there response this week if not tommorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Hmm. Perhaps the difference lies in the fact that THIS unlimited data plan is sold FROM THE START as including deprioritization
    See my post above.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ed_megathread/

Autopay on credit card does not qualify for the discount - debit or ACH only.
    Well, that's not as good of a deal either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C DM View Post
    Well, that's not as good of a deal either.
    Agreed, I would never do debit or ACH. If you would not either then this is the pricing:

1 phone line = $85

2 phone lines = $150

$20 more per phone line after 2 lines.

Only military/veterans discounts, no employer discounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Agreed, I would never do debit or ACH. If you would not either then this is the pricing:

1 phone line = $85

2 phone lines = $150

$20 more per phone line after 2 lines.

Only military/veterans discounts, no employer discounts.
    Yeah, for multiple lines without that extra discount for auto-pay and without corporate discount it can certainly be noticeably pricier for some compared to their existing plans that are limited but might have a decent amount of data for their use (and perhaps bonus data on top of it).

Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 64 ... LastLast