Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. [email protected] service :(

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newroc View Post
    And you, in turn, can convert that data line to Google Voice and then buy an Obihai adapter. You don't even have to tell Tmo what happened, let google handle the port. I did not think of Obihai in my previous suggestion for Ooma. But all the above posts are right, Obi is well integrated into Google Voice. All your requested features taken away from @home are available in the obi-gv combo online. And your initial investments are a Number Port to Google Voice, and the price of the obihai, total investment equals a year of @home price, nothing more to pay ever. [snip]
    In my reading about the obi-gv option I am somewhat unclear about the resulting features. If the combination is able to signal say a Panasonic DECT phone that voicemail is waiting and allow dialing in to retrieve the voicemail, then that is really all I need. The latter is clearly possible but I really don't want to have to deal with email or texting to know if I need to check that line for voicemail....

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vsc View Post
    In my reading about the obi-gv option....
    The obi with google voice will work with any regular phone or cordless. You can have the google voice mail or your own home answering machine.
    Google voice has gotten better in voice quality plus is actually a free service (only the obi device will cost you) the only thing you have to pay is the access to 911. I think the cheapest i have seen is 3 dollars a month or 12 dollars a year with a limit of 3 or 4 calls to 911...

It works like a regular phone. I did however got rid of my obi and opted for the magicjack, just purely because of 911 access and not having the necessity of dialing the local area code for every single local call, also, intdrnational calling is cheaper with MJ (some) This was 3 years ago, things might have change with google voice now.

as for linelink, the sound is beautiful, and you get all the t-mobile perks but i just can not justify playing 10 bucks every month against GV or a service like MJ or even ooma.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vsc View Post
    That is interesting. I'll call them back today and try again with T-Mobile. It is clear that everyone I spoke with had little direct knowledge where the last person, a supervisor, said what he told me came from research he did versus a formal position given to him by T-Mobile.

Will report back after my discussions...
    Three representatives later...I spoke to someone who put in the effort to navigate their system to get the line swapped over to LineLink and get the hardware on order. While their system said the number would change, the resulting number was the same in the end, thus I was able to keep the same number. Unless their system does something different later with respect to the account, the balance of the account didn't change and it would appear I was able to keep the SC plan.

Feedback Score
    That's interesting about the requirement to upgrade. I can't really comment on that. However, back in August I upgrade my @home to the new line link in a store and they knew how to transfer my number via a workaround. They temporarily transferred it to a regular cell line and then back to the line link, so it was a multistep process.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hi,

I still haven't changed my @home line to LineLink service (as I am contemplating other alternatives (ooma & obihai adapter w/ gv) but those who have changed over to the Linelink service, how are you finding it so far? Thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+, iPad Pro 10.5, Samsung HotSpot Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

R.I.P. [email protected] service :(

I just changed mine over yesterday, so I'm waiting to receive my LineLink device. But I did noticed that even though the line was converted over, it still works in the @Home router. I thought I would have no house line until the device came.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoman View Post
    I just changed mine over yesterday, so I'm waiting to receive my LineLink device. But I did noticed that even though the line was converted over, it still works in the @Home router. I thought I would have no house line until the device came.
    I received the LinkLink device yesterday. Several points in random order. The balance of the account didn't change, only the @home service moved to LinkLink. LineLink is $20 versus $10 for the @home. LineLink does not provide named caller ID, only the phone number. The account still shows the older @home Cisco VoIP adapter, though indicates LineLink as the service. The SIM card as received wasn't active on the line, thus I had to call customer service.

My assumption is that the older SIM associated with the @home / Cisco based line is no longer active. The older SIM is a full size card, thus can't be used without cutting down the SIM to fit the LineLink hardware.

Overall the result is the monthly fee has increased by a factor of two and you get less for given caller ID is only a phone number....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

They told me that I get a $10 credit each month, since I have voice lines, like I do on other Mobile Internet lines.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    They told me that I get a $10 credit each month, since I have voice lines, like I do on other Mobile Internet lines.
    Are there less taxs & fees (because this service is considered a data line)? Btw, if anyone is interested. you can get for $3.99, caller id name to use with LineLink.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    Are there less taxs & fees (because this service is considered a data line)? Btw, if anyone is interested. you can get for $3.99, caller id name to use with LineLink.
    I will find out on my next bill if there are taxes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I will find out on my next bill if there are taxes.
    Thanks! I'm going to make up my mind soon on whether to switch over to the LineLink service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nyctechogirl View Post
    On a per month basis I'm not sure that is worth it, but this is an optional service from T-Mobile? Why did this get broken out, other than to simply raise the price?

Feedback Score
    Perhaps we will have to wait until you get the first bill but do you know what they are calling this credit so I have a starting point for that discussion with customer service?

Feedback Score
    Clearly T-Mobile is not the company it used to be. In the past I spent very little time on the phone with their customer service simply because the people you were talking to knew all about their services and quickly resolved issues. The new T-Mobile is just like any other cell phone operator where largely it is a waste of time talking to their representatives, or at least with this switch over this has been my experience.

The reason to dump T-Mobile with the end of @home simply put is that this has turned into way too much of a hassle for what it is worth....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

This is why I use Twitter more than calling 611.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast