Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: RingPlus, Important Information about Your Service: Hold Off on Porting

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    just do a chargeback.

i hate how political the ringplus forum is, by saying its fraud etc. the card company will certainly tell you if the chargeback qualifies or not

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shaolinchamp View Post
    just do a chargeback.

i hate how political the ringplus forum is, by saying its fraud etc. the card company will certainly tell you if the chargeback qualifies or not

Why is it "political" to call a spade a spade?

You do not think that the ethics of an MVNO is a proper topic, despite all the dislocation they have caused users?

Don't you think they need to be properly held to account?

I do not think the charge card companies should be the sole arbiters of this kind of behavior.

Also if you do a lot of chargebacks it can hurt *your* credit.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-07-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Feedback Score
    Answering my own question: No, offers don't stack. $35 offer is per account, not per line. One possible workaround is to not wait for the auto-xfer to Ting, but to port manually, one line at a time (to separate accts).

This is actually cheaper for Ting, since user referrals would cost it $50 ($25 each for referrer and referee). Does that mean R+ gets $15 per user?! Whoa Karl way to go! Making lemonade! I like it...

https://ting.com/blog/making-sense/r...-lifeline-ting

Ting support is very helpful in answering every question posed to them. It does make for a nice change of pace when you're used to R+ non-support. Too bad Ting rates suck. Guess it all balances out.

PS: Per Ting support, auto-port to Ting is scheduled to take place "over the next couple of days," so it looks like the time to jump is now for manual ports (to Ting). Here goes nothing...

PPS: "ringplus" is indeed a referral code. Landing page is (https://ting.com/?lpn=ringplus), the 'lpn=' is Ting designation for referral codes. IOW, no stacking for sure.
    Last edited by e.mote; 02-07-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Why is it "political" to call a spade a spade?

You do not think that the ethics of an MVNO is a proper topic, despite all the dislocation they have caused users?

Don't you think they need to be properly held to account?

I do not think the charge card companies should be the sole arbiters of this kind of behavior.

Also if you do a lot of chargebacks it can hurt *your* credit.
    Recall a certain feline forum . Majority of negative comments were heavily moderated. R+ is no different in that regard. Good thing sites such as hf, reddit, SD, etc exist where one can openly state an opinion without having it censored.

Feedback Score
    The follow-up message about "Ring-to-Ting" went to my email's spam folder about 10 minutes after I'd posted last night (found it just before I would have deleted all the spam emails this morning). I've been a Ting customer in the past, and their customer service is quite good -- but their rates aren't that cheap (which is why I had switched from them to RingPlus 1 1/2 years ago). Especially if I don't watch my data usage like a hawk, I could easily blow through that $35 credit in 2 months or less. Looks like I'll be retiring my old LG Volt once the Ting credit runs out, and just concentrating on the best deal I can get for the GSM phone that's currently on MintSIM.

Feedback Score
    Ting is not a good deal. Porting out now to google voice and getting Freedompop. RIP Ringplus.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire 626, LG G3, Moto E2, Lumia 640 LTE
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, Truphone, Lycamobile, RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Don't forget that Ting charges $6/month per line as a service fee. this is on top of the cost of your plan. This gets expensive very quickly with multiple lines.

Feedback Score
    On the otherhand, I guess this company was never really able to do much of anything right.
    They certainly got their website right! It is still the best website out there when compared with virtually every other MVNO website in existence today.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I wonder when that ringtoting domain name was registered? Unless of course they setup a domain for each potential MVNO and decided to only use one.
    Here is a link to Ting's side of the story which a mod response in the comments section confirms that the user Referral does not stack. https://ting.com/blog/making-sense/r...lifeline-ting/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by owkaye View Post
    They certainly got their website right! It is still the best website out there when compared with virtually every other MVNO website in existence today.
    I agree. Whoever set up RP's site should get hired by Puppy or one of the other MVNOs that needs some web help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tedison View Post
    Don't forget that Ting charges $6/month per line as a service fee. this is on top of the cost of your plan. This gets expensive very quickly with multiple lines.
    Correct.
    I took last year my PTEL line to them with their $75 (I think) credit offer thinking that with my low usage it would last for many months. Well, I used a few MBs here and there. and received (not even sent) a couple of texts a month. Another $6 of top of the $6 fee. My monthly bill for just 2 texts and less than 100MB was already $12/mo with no calls made. the credit certainly lasted a lot shorter and keeping a $12/mo line with almost no usage wasn't worth it.

Instead of taking TING's now $35 credit (which would last for a couple of months only anyway), I'll probably go with Tello's PAYG plan.

Feedback Score
    Glad somebody mentioned $6/mo per line. I wanted to say this. But I wasn't sure this is still true.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    >Don't forget that Ting charges $6/month per line as a service fee. this is on top of the cost of your plan.

Yes, with taxes and it'll be $8+ just for line maintenance. I don't see what the beef is. It's still free for about two months, which is two months longer than what R+ offered yesterday. It's weird to see people poo-poo'ing free service. It's not like you're stuck with Ting forever.

I had two lines under one acct, so manually ported one out to Ting to a different acct yesterday. The second I'll let sit for the auto-port. If it's two weeks from now, hey, that's another two free weeks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >Don't forget that Ting charges $6/month per line as a service fee. this is on top of the cost of your plan.

Yes, with taxes and it'll be $8+ just for line maintenance. I don't see what the beef is. It's still free for about two months, which is two months longer than what R+ offered yesterday. It's weird to see people poo-poo'ing free service. It's not like you're stuck with Ting forever.

I had two lines under one acct, so manually ported one out to Ting to a different acct yesterday. The second I'll let sit for the auto-port. If it's two weeks from now, hey, that's another two free weeks.
    Yes it's shocking how some people are poo pooing this. On the other thread in this forum, some guy wonders how much the RingPlus founder makes off this deal (I'm betting very little, if any), and another guy compares it to slamming.... uh really? If RingPlus did nothing, those lines would evaporate.

People will complain about the most incredible things, even a gift horse in the mouth. I think RingPlus / Ting did an incredibly nice thing for people...with other past MVNO's blow ups in the past they left people high and dry with hours to 1-2 days to port out or lose their number. I'm really amazed by how much advanced notice and care RingPlus is providing to take care of the existing customers.

Feedback Score
    For me it is $7.90. I wouldn't say it is an ideal long term solution, but if a person needed to just have a place to park some numbers that $35 credit can cover 4 months

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast