Thread: FreedomPop spams your contacts?

Feedback Score

Question FreedomPop spams your contacts?

I'm currently on R+ and have to switch out soon. In doing some research I found someone on Slickdeals claiming that FreedomPop spammed his contacts with a message saying something like...

"Hey this is (users name), you should try out FreedomPop, a phone carrier with many great options!"

I'm paraphrasing, because I can't remember the exact location of this thread, but has this happened to anyone before?

It's hard to tell sometimes when people are just trolling, so I thought I'd ask here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stin View Post
    I'm currently on R+ and have to switch out soon. In doing some research I found someone on Slickdeals claiming that FreedomPop spammed his contacts with a message saying something like...

"Hey this is (users name), you should try out FreedomPop, a phone carrier with many great options!"

I'm paraphrasing, because I can't remember the exact location of this thread, but has this happened to anyone before?

It's hard to tell sometimes when people are just trolling, so I thought I'd ask here.
    It's best to use a separate email address from what you use for your daily routine if important emails. That said, the burner address I used has not received any spam from FP or the people I friended.

Gmail is a good way to do this. Get a gmail address then you can give secondary contacts that [email protected] and it still goes to the main address without having to set up new emails for each burner use.

Not saying that what you mentioned didn't happen, just not to me. Spam to a burner email address? Who cares? Facebook is absolutely horrible about this. I get about ten a day. FB is evil.

Feedback Score
    All the email accounts I use for my FP accounts have not been spammed by FP. I do not think FP would spam people's email accounts or sell the email addresses.

Feedback Score
    The person whose contacts got spammed, must have gone to the Freedompop Friends tab in his account and selected "Invite My Email Contacts". And then he gave them access to his email account.
    If you don't click that then your contacts will not get spammed.