Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >I'll contact Ting C/S to merge them all together. It remains to be seen if Ting will actually allow me to transfer all the separate $35 credits

Ting is wise to this form of stacking. Per Ting rep's comment here,

https://ting.com/blog/ringplus-members-welcome-ting/
    ==========
    Moe Ginsburg

If RingPlus has the lines on seperate accounts, after Ting migrates them over into seperate accounts, when requesting Ting customer service merge the accounts, will they merge the $35 credits too?

Renny Malone Ting Staff

The credits would not merge over I'm afraid, but you can still take advantage of them and then merge your accounts once they have been used up.
    They did not announce the deal like this, stating originally (multiple times, no less) that they'd be making an exception to their general rule about not transferring credits. Now instead they seem to be saying that they'll transfer over excess credits into a merged account in the form of additional $5/mo credits to substitute for the equivalent lost RP top-up, though they might be backing away from that too. Mention was also made by them that they need to edit their early posts to correct their position on this topic. So I have no clue what they'll actually do, and until it's real, I'll keep my options open.
    Last edited by cparke; 02-10-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Yes, please keep us informed as to their policy for merging separate accounts. We may go over there if they allow the full credit for each account, either right away or even if they dribble the second account in $5 increments.

Feedback Score
    3 lines total ported from Ringplus to Tello.
    2 lines took 6 days.
    1 line took 5 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conifer View Post
    Thanks for the info. Yes, please keep us informed as to their policy for merging separate accounts. We may go over there if they allow the full credit for each account, either right away or even if they dribble the second account in $5 increments.
    I read through the entire responses to questions on the Ting web site and as I read it they are now saying
    - you can merge (stack) account balances from multiple accounts (but not multiple lines within an account)
    - you can include lines ported out on or after Jan. 5, even if ported out to other providers, and even if cancelled outright! But phone agent says no to that. So goodness knows. I think I will not move until I get a response from my email to them listing my exact circumstances.

I suspect different people will get different results.

Yes it is $5 per month for amounts in existing accounts that were over $35. But most of my individual lines were under $35. Those lines get a full $35 credit if they have separate email addresses.

P.S. Ting still answered on the first ring. But the agent did not give exactly the right answers I think and he had to go back and ask his manager when I argued. So I am waiting on a written reply on my email query.
    -
    Last edited by comintel; 02-11-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cparke View Post
    Also, there's a need to free devices and stop RP billing.
    A device swap can free it up, the Mad Daily Cent plan should address top-up concerns for most, and Manage Plans section now says "-- Days Until Your Next Invoice" for all my lines.

Feedback Score
    mine took 5 days. Started the port with Ting Monday, got an email this morning from Ting the port had been completed. If it had not completed by today it would have been ported automatically when R+ hands the accounts over to Ting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    If it had not completed by today it would have been ported automatically when R+ hands the accounts over to Ting.
    We hope! They have a hard deadline from Sprint and are doing it at the 11th hour. Very little margin for error. I've been doing port requests to Ting so that the account is already there and terms of service already agreed to, plus I'm finally able to separate some of my multiple lines into separate accounts which RP never allowed me to do!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I read through the entire responses to questions on the Ting web site and as I read it they are now saying
    - you can merge (stack) account balances from multiple accounts (but not multiple lines within an account)
    - you can include lines ported out on or after Jan. 5, even if ported out to other providers, and even if cancelled outright! But phone agent says no to that. So goodness knows. I think I will not move until I get a response from my email to them listing my exact circumstances.

I suspect different people will get different results.

Yes it is $5 per month for amounts in existing accounts that were over $35. But most of my individual lines were under $35. Those lines get a full $35 credit.

P.S. Ting still answered on the first ring. But the agent did not give exactly the right answers I think and he had to go back and ask his manager when I argued. So I am waiting on a written reply on my email query.
    -
    So if Account A has $35 and Account B has $35, will they take away Account B $35 when it gets merged with A and only dribble it back in $5 increments or will they record $70 for the merged account (and then subsequently we would port out the B line so A could reap all the $70 for itself)?

Feedback Score
    So if Account A has $35 and Account B has $35, will they take away Account B $35 when it gets merged with A and only dribble it back in $5 increments or will they record $70 for the merged account (and then subsequently we would port out the B line so A could reap all the $70 for itself)?
    I posed an example to Ting about how they plan to handle merging two Ting accounts which came from RP and each received separate $35 credits. In my example one account came from RP $15 top-up and the other RP $25 top-up ($40 combined RP top-up). No response.

I'm hoping they'd schedule a $5 additional top-up match for month 2 into the merged account.

Feedback Score
    I like this upcoming Ting migration. Looks like my number will migrate from Ring To Ting without doing a thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cparke View Post
    We hope! They have a hard deadline from Sprint and are doing it at the 11th hour. Very little margin for error.
    More Time!

Members, your numbers & service are now safe 'til 3pm PDT, Tues, Feb. 21, 2017.

Actual migration date to Ting coming soon!

Dear RingPlus Members,

RingPlus was able to extended service as late as February 21, 2017 eventhough when we expect the migration to Ting to happen somewhat sooner next week (before February 21). Ting will announce the actual migration date soon.

You do not need to worry that you may lose your phone numbers or service! All numbers will be moved to Ting. (Ting will allow you to freely port in and out.) In addition, RingPlus made free and 1 cent daily plans available with a small ($2) auto top up requirements that will be triggered if your balance hits zero. Please check the "Upgrade" function on your dashboard to see those plans. These plans will allow you to maintain phone service until your migration to Ting is completed.

Again, Ting will be offering credits in the amount of your entire RingPlus top ups, and offers outstanding rates, with no fixed plans or commitments, for families and low usage individuals.

For more on Ting, rates, how it works, the offer, and the migration, please check out these links:

https://ting.com/m/ringplus-migration-faq/

https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/11477/ting/p1

https://youtu.be/bEXNtL8086M

Best regards,
    RingPlus

Feedback Score
    If they are under the same email address you cannot combine them in any way. .

If they are under two different email address then after migration you combine them to $70 I believe, but you would then probably only be able to use $35 initially and then $5 a month of the $70.

I am not 100% sure of that.

Assuming the need to dribble it out at $5 a month after the first month is correct, then Ting is of no interest to me and I will stick with Tello, whose rates are far lower overall.

Some people on the RingPlus forum say that, judging from the reported order number sequence that they are monitoring, Tello has gained over 10,000 customers so far. Many more will likely migrate after they experience the high Ting rates.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-11-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by july11 View Post
    I like this upcoming Ting migration. Looks like my number will migrate from Ring To Ting without doing a thing.
    Yes that is clear. And that is what they want you do - nothing - just wait for that to complete.

Feedback Score
    Listen, it would be nice to merge multiple $35 buckets into one account, then port out all the numbers but one and get free service at Ting for months and months...

but it's also ridiculous to expect them to allow that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by semifast View Post
    Listen, it would be nice to merge multiple $35 buckets into one account, then port out all the numbers but one and get free service at Ting for months and months...

but it's also ridiculous to expect them to allow that.
    I am afraid you are probably right.

However, their prices are also ridiculously high to start with in my opinion.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-11-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9