Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

Feedback Score
    I'm using a moto G4 play. My room mates phone is a Nexus 5x and also shows all 0's

Feedback Score
    Well, I've officially given up trying to port. I'm just gonna get my Rents new Tello numbers with two Sprint Prepaid flippers I have laying around and wait to see what happened to my Boost Moto G that seems to have ended up in Never Never Land.

Update: I found my Boost G!!! Ring+ must have deactivated the line cuz I just put it on Tello with a new number and it's working fine.
    Last edited by Fishx65; 02-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    Update! MintSim ported my number! Happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Tello line came through last night after initially showing as failed. Texting worked immediately, took a little longer to get voice working but in the ends that resolved too. Need to port my second line to Twigby but trying to enjoy my last few days of free cell on ring+.

Feedback Score
    Finally, at about 1 PM I got the email from Tello saying the port-in was complete. Followed the instructions in my Tello dashboard to update everything, and so voice, text and LTE all now work. Made a few calls and the sound quality is good. Downloaded the Tello app and its decent. However, I'll miss the Samara app which is top-notch for its GUI.

I'm happy with Tello so far for my spare phone. R+ was good, but it was really too good to be true.

Feedback Score
    Looks like ports are finally going through to GV too. I'm going to take the chance and just do it now before I get sucked up by Ting.

Feedback Score
    Ting CS recommends that if you haven't started a port by this point, then you should wait for the auto-migrate to take place, and port afterward. I would listen to them, as your number is in their hands. The main cause of lost numbers thus far is from people lacking patience and interfering with porting process.

Granted, R+ going through its death throes has its shares of mishaps, but most of the aggravation is self-inflicted. It's what happens when you're caught in a crowded theater and somebody yelled FIRE. The danger will be from the panicked stampede rather than the fire itself. It's easier said than done, but just go have a beer and relax. Watch the headless chickens run around.

Feedback Score
    Ok finally, my port from RP, which was initiated on the weekend, completed to Tello this morning. I was without service for a half day. I didn't use a 1 prefix before the phone #. However, I am still waiting for ports that I tried a 1 prefix before the phone #.

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    I think all three lines were finally ported, though I have to wait until I see my parents this weekend, as they can't seem to get their phone working.

One thing I was noticing, is a meg of data is cheaper than a 1min call (on PayGo). I wonder if I should try a voip app for calls.

Feedback Score
    I just started a port-out to Tello over the lunch hour (CST) today; hopefully there won't be a foulup from the RingPlus number getting caught up in the auto-migrate to Ting.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    My Saturday port to Tello was finally completed late last night (Wed) (I did not put "1" in front of my number).

Device(s)
    2 iPhones are better than one. Twice the fun. Ask anyone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to die
    Name:  IMG_0834.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  22.2 KB

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Did you spot the spelling error? I caught at least one. They need some proofreaders!!

What’s happening?
    Ting is throwing a lifeline to RingPlus members who might otherwise lose their numbers in the hard shutdown. We’re acting as a sort of intermediary between Spring and RingPlus. We’re working toward the February 11 date you may have heard, but it’s no longer being treated as a hard cut-off date for RingPlus.

Feedback Score
    My port-out to Textnow took about a day (started at night).

Feedback Score
    I've requested port of 6 of my 9 numbers out of RP now, each seems to be handled a bit differently. Two ports are still pending, and the remaining three lines I'm leaving for the Ting migration to do its thing with them.

The fastest port happened tonight, requested at 7PM and completed at 9PM (EST), just 2 hours!
    Ironically, the second port made today, at 4PM, is still pending overnight.
    Both of these ports are to the same carrier too, Ting, of course!

FYI - RP and Ting both acknowledge that they still have no specific dates for the migration, nor written assurance from Sprint that the lines won't be abruptly shut down on Feb. 11! That's part of the motivation to not wait for the migration to happen, we don't know exactly when it'll happen and what else could go wrong until then. Also, there's a need to free devices and stop RP billing.

A few ports are happening relatively smoothly and quickly. Line may go inactive and off network for a short period of time, but it comes back once the new carrier re-activates it.

Some port requests are removing the line from the RP dashboard too early in the process. The device is not released and the line continues to fully function on the RP service platform, yet there is no more usage/plan billing! Perhaps just luck, I dodged by mere hours a plan auto-renew and auto top-up because of this quirk, forfeiting just a $.03 balance as a result! Still, the fear when this happens is that the port has been forgotten or abandoned by everyone, and the number is a zombie and headed towards its death. My two remaining pending ports are in this phantom state.

With other ports, the reverse problem is happening. The port completes, yet the line remains visible on the RP dashboard, with the device even marked active! The billing system is still active, and if the line was on a paid plan, people are getting charged for renewals of service that is at another carrier! I have two lines like this, one was on a free plan, one was on a small paid plan ($5/mo, 14 days left). RP FluidCall (SIP / VOIP calling) still works (outgoing only) on these lines despite the fact the number is no longer with RingPlus!

Many people are worried from the long porting delay that their phone numbers are lost. The new carriers are saying either that they are still waiting for RP to release the number and/or device, or if the line has been disconnected, that they still don't have the number transferred to them. The notice came out tonight (seems to be written by Ting on RP letterhead) mentioning that the RP porting process is very manual, while theirs is more automated. Maybe that does best explain all these inconsistencies and various anomalies - there is no rhyme or reason to it all, just luck of the draw. Hopefully nobody has actually lost their number, just RP forgot where they put it!
    Last edited by cparke; 02-10-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast