Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

i heard about there being a long que since they dont have alot of staff, so curious how long the process is taking now

Feedback Score
    I started my port to TPO on their Kind plan on Saturday about 9:30am. The port was completed that day by 5:00pm. I needed the port to go through before my Double Fert plan renewed on Sunday.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I submitted a port with Tello on Saturday afternoon, at 12:20. My new Tello account still says port-in pending. It says the port may take up to 5 business days! The number wasn't important to me and I should have changed the device with RingPlus, to release the MEID, but the RingPlus phone changer kept erroring-out.

Feedback Score
    I put two port outs. Both are still pending. One to Tello, one to red pocket.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Both placed on Saturday, mid afternoon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I submitted two port out requests, one via Cricket, one FreedomPOP.

The FreedomPOP was submitted Saturday evening late, the Cricket Port mid day Sunday, no joy yet, but I didn't expect it, the number has to be released by Ringplus manually, and I doubt they are working weekends. Hopefully today, but I imagine they will be mightily backlogged with port out requests.

Feedback Score
    You can't port from RP+ to FP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    I submitted two port out requests, one via Cricket, one FreedomPOP.

The FreedomPOP was submitted Saturday evening late, the Cricket Port mid day Sunday, no joy yet, but I didn't expect it, the number has to be released by Ringplus manually, and I doubt they are working weekends. Hopefully today, but I imagine they will be mightily backlogged with port out requests.
    Someone said they ported out Saturday, so it may not have to be released manually?

Tello doesn't do port-in's on weekends, according to their customer service. I started the port to Tello last night but don't expect it to be done until today or tomorrow. It better not take 5 days, lol.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I put in port request from Ringplus to Cricket on Saturday afternoon. The port was complete by mid-day Sunday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    I put in port request from Ringplus to Cricket on Saturday afternoon. The port was complete by mid-day Sunday.
    So the port-out release must be automated, since no one from RP works weekends.

Feedback Score
    I believe that RP had at least 1 person doing port requests working on at least Saturday since I read a post from someone from TPO saying that they saw a few RP port out requests go through from RP over the weekend to TPO and that he expects the pace of port out requests to pick up today on a business day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackguy7 View Post
    I believe that RP had at least 1 person doing port requests working on at least Saturday since I read a post from someone from TPO saying that they saw a few RP port out requests go through from RP over the weekend to TPO and that he expects the pace of port out requests to pick up today on a business day.
    RingPlus' remaining staff, managing port-out requests over the weekend:

Name:  26889d1450505349t-marksman-cc-utility-giphy.gif
Views: 1335
Size:  1.08 MB

Feedback Score
    Ported 2 lines to Tello Saturday around 1pm. Nuttin happening as of 7pm Eastern besides a few E-mails from Tello telling me my port is in process.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Ported 2 lines to Tello Saturday around 1pm. Nuttin happening as of 7pm Eastern besides a few E-mails from Tello telling me my port is in process.
    I requested port out to Tello Sunday night and it was completed today Monday at noon.

I am running on Tello now.

I did order a monthly plan (even though I am just in transit to FreedomPop).

Maybe that gave me priority or who knows.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-06-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    So the port-out release must be automated, since no one from RP works weekends.
    Ting said that it has to wait for Ring Plus approval of each port request, but maybe RingPlus has its side automated.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast