Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 135

Thread: how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    495
    Device(s)
    Huawei ascend XT
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    0

    how long is it taking people to port out of ringplus?

    i heard about there being a long que since they dont have alot of staff, so curious how long the process is taking now

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    I started my port to TPO on their Kind plan on Saturday about 9:30am. The port was completed that day by 5:00pm. I needed the port to go through before my Double Fert plan renewed on Sunday.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using HoFo mobile app

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    1,790
    Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    0
    I submitted a port with Tello on Saturday afternoon, at 12:20. My new Tello account still says port-in pending. It says the port may take up to 5 business days! The number wasn't important to me and I should have changed the device with RingPlus, to release the MEID, but the RingPlus phone changer kept erroring-out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    I put two port outs. Both are still pending. One to Tello, one to red pocket.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    Both placed on Saturday, mid afternoon.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    467
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I submitted two port out requests, one via Cricket, one FreedomPOP.

    The FreedomPOP was submitted Saturday evening late, the Cricket Port mid day Sunday, no joy yet, but I didn't expect it, the number has to be released by Ringplus manually, and I doubt they are working weekends. Hopefully today, but I imagine they will be mightily backlogged with port out requests.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    879
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can't port from RP+ to FP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    I submitted two port out requests, one via Cricket, one FreedomPOP.

    The FreedomPOP was submitted Saturday evening late, the Cricket Port mid day Sunday, no joy yet, but I didn't expect it, the number has to be released by Ringplus manually, and I doubt they are working weekends. Hopefully today, but I imagine they will be mightily backlogged with port out requests.
    Someone said they ported out Saturday, so it may not have to be released manually?

    Tello doesn't do port-in's on weekends, according to their customer service. I started the port to Tello last night but don't expect it to be done until today or tomorrow. It better not take 5 days, lol.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    879
    Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    I put in port request from Ringplus to Cricket on Saturday afternoon. The port was complete by mid-day Sunday.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    I put in port request from Ringplus to Cricket on Saturday afternoon. The port was complete by mid-day Sunday.
    So the port-out release must be automated, since no one from RP works weekends.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    115
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe that RP had at least 1 person doing port requests working on at least Saturday since I read a post from someone from TPO saying that they saw a few RP port out requests go through from RP over the weekend to TPO and that he expects the pace of port out requests to pick up today on a business day.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    290
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by laidbackguy7 View Post
    I believe that RP had at least 1 person doing port requests working on at least Saturday since I read a post from someone from TPO saying that they saw a few RP port out requests go through from RP over the weekend to TPO and that he expects the pace of port out requests to pick up today on a business day.
    RingPlus' remaining staff, managing port-out requests over the weekend:

    Name:  26889d1450505349t-marksman-cc-utility-giphy.gif
Views: 1335
Size:  1.08 MB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ported 2 lines to Tello Saturday around 1pm. Nuttin happening as of 7pm Eastern besides a few E-mails from Tello telling me my port is in process.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Ported 2 lines to Tello Saturday around 1pm. Nuttin happening as of 7pm Eastern besides a few E-mails from Tello telling me my port is in process.
    I requested port out to Tello Sunday night and it was completed today Monday at noon.

    I am running on Tello now.

    I did order a monthly plan (even though I am just in transit to FreedomPop).

    Maybe that gave me priority or who knows.
    Last edited by comintel; 02-06-2017 at 07:24 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,998
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    So the port-out release must be automated, since no one from RP works weekends.
    Ting said that it has to wait for Ring Plus approval of each port request, but maybe RingPlus has its side automated.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:43 PM
  2. how long did it take you to port?
    By vdiaz133 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 10:20 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 10:26 PM
  4. How long does it take nextel to activate a phone???
    By Paulie312 in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-18-2002, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-14-2002, 01:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks